Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Western Media Is Dying and Here’s Why

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: The Western Media Is Dying and Here’s Why

Unread postby dissident » Mon 26 Oct 2020, 12:28:01

So the mass hysteria pumped out by the fake stream media since 2016 surrounding Trump is being lapped up by D. Party faithful like nectar. Pathetic. You can see how the Germans were worked into a frenzy by their fake stream media during the 1930s. Clearly the USA is not some exceptionally immune country from mass media induced hysteria.

The only good thing out of the above polling is that the Republicans are not drinking the koolaid. Thank God for that. But even the independents are engaging the the fake stream media hate spew. That is really disappointing.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Mon 26 Oct 2020, 12:33:08

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/liz ... ive-limbic

Thick and rich blood libel from a D. Party hack engaging in insane partisan hate propaganda. The Gallup pole shows that it is the D. Party faithful that are not engaging any homo sapiens brain functionality and are acting like a hive of drones marching to propaganda narratives spewed by the fake stream media.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ralfy » Mon 26 Oct 2020, 19:26:36

The rise of populist leaders worldwide is being driven by global capitalism falling apart, and that partly due to the main topic of this forum.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Thu 29 Oct 2020, 15:15:10

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gle ... -criticism

All the hosers going on about Trump being a populist do not know the meaning of the term. The only similarity to populism is the D. Party hysteria which is enabled by the US fake stream media. This is the real face of populism. Trump's sin is for daring to go against the globalist agenda and actually repatriate US corporate activity to the USA mainland to benefit American citizens. Biden is a corrupt maggot with tentacles extending into the rot of multiple countries.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 29 Oct 2020, 15:45:43

ralfy wrote:The rise of populist leaders worldwide is being driven by global capitalism falling apart, and that partly due to the main topic of this forum.

The main topic of this forum is climate change, with a heavy undertow of American politics.

Peak oil in the current peak oil demand environment is not what was envisioned by the malthusian set.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Pat Buchanan: America in worst decline since Soviet Unio

Unread postby REAL Green » Fri 30 Oct 2020, 05:32:51

It amazes me how this country’s most educated are just ignoring this story. The collusion of the Democratic party with the intel, bureaucratic agencies, tech giants, corporate MSM, and violent extremist is one of the most profound moments in this country’s history. It is a combination of Marxism, fascism and good old oligarch corruption. It has the worst of everything. Clintongate, Obamagate, Mueller/Russiagate, Ukrainegate, Impeachment farce, and now Bidengate is so blatantly nasty that I cannot believe educated liberals can turn their head like it is OK becuase you know Trump has to go.

What then once Trump goes? What will happen is this nastiness will be permanently institutionalized. You will pay dearly later on for this. In fact, it is your prison sentence in regards to the freedoms you have come to enjoy. I can’t even stand a liberal MSM outlet. Lies make me sick. I am seeing this extremism of collusion in the environmental sites I visit. I am a very strong environmentalist and I am now being told by many because I am white and a male that I can’t be a true environmentalist. I don’t dare express an opinion on this on these sites or my comments will be cancelled so I stick to the science. This is an attack on me and I will not give a knee to this criminality. Science and academia are now criminals! The left is gone! They are employing extremist to attack what is left of this country.

I believe the ship is sinking regardless but this is sabotage of the sinking ship by the left so they are the sole survivors. I am an old fashion liberal which welcomes a healthy competition of the left and right. What we now have is a civil war of anything goes to win by the left. Becuase of this they will likely win eventually but not after all is lost which is the nature of civil wars. This country is basically gone. Even if Republicans maintain a force of opposition, they cannot survive this onslaught until after it is too late and the left turns on itself as they will. The French revolution shows how institutional lies evolve into destruction of all.

The following article is from a journalist on the left that still has integrity. He was shit canned for his integrity. Very few have integrity anymore. It is worth a read for those who care. Most educated liberals could give a shit. They want Trump out by whatever method. History has shown how destructive this mentality is.

“Here's The 'Censored' Biden Story That Forced Glenn Greenwald To Quit The Firm He Founded”
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/articl ... n-censored

“The publicly known facts, augmented by the recent emails, texts and on-the-record accounts, suggest serious sleaze by Joe Biden’s son Hunter in trying to peddle his influence with the Vice President for profit. But they also raise real questions about whether Joe Biden knew about and even himself engaged in a form of legalized corruption. Specifically, these newly revealed information suggest Biden was using his power to benefit his son’s business Ukrainian associates, and allowing his name to be traded on while Vice President for his son and brother to pursue business opportunities in China. These are questions which a minimally healthy press would want answered, not buried — regardless of how many similar or worse scandals the Trump family has…But the real scandal that has been proven is not the former Vice President’s misconduct but that of his supporters and allies in the U.S. media. As Taibbi’s headline put it: “With the Hunter Biden Exposé, Suppression is a Bigger Scandal Than the Actual Story.” The reality is the U.S. press has been planning for this moment for four years — cooking up justifications for refusing to report on newsworthy material that might help Donald Trump get re-elected. One major factor is the undeniable truth that journalists with national outlets based in New York, Washington and West Coast cities overwhelmingly not just favor Joe Biden but are desperate to see Donald Trump defeated. It takes an enormous amount of gullibility to believe that any humans are capable of separating such an intense partisan preference from their journalistic judgment. Many barely even bother to pretend: critiques of Joe Biden are often attacked first not by Biden campaign operatives but by political reporters at national news outlets who make little secret of their eagerness to help Biden win.A media outlet that renounces its core function -- pursuing answers to relevant questions about powerful people -- is one that deserves to lose the public's faith and confidence. And that is exactly what the U.S. media, with some exceptions, attempted to do with this story: they took the lead not in investigating these documents but in concocting excuses for why they should be ignored…As my colleague Lee Fang put it on Sunday: "The partisan double standards in the media are mind boggling this year, and much of the supposedly left independent media is just as cowardly and conformist as the mainstream corporate media. Everyone is reading the room and acting out of fear." Discussing his story from Sunday, Taibbi summed up the most important point this way: "The whole point is that the press loses its way when it cares more about who benefits from information than whether it's true."
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby dissident » Fri 30 Oct 2020, 21:24:08

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The lunatics are taking over and turning everything into an asylum.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 30 Oct 2020, 22:12:58

dissident wrote:+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The lunatics are taking over and turning everything into an asylum.

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 31 Oct 2020, 09:58:46

REAL Green wrote:

What then once Trump goes? What will happen is this nastiness will be permanently institutionalized.

Virtuous Trump as the only remaining line of defense against liars, thieves, criminals....

A little delusional?
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sat 31 Oct 2020, 13:57:10

Ibon wrote:
REAL Green wrote:

What then once Trump goes? What will happen is this nastiness will be permanently institutionalized.

Virtuous Trump as the only remaining line of defense against liars, thieves, criminals....

A little delusional?

Typical partisan bi-modal "thought" reflex. Trump is not some justification for the insanity of the D. Party, its MSM enablers and the SJW witchhunting lynch mobs.

Your whole post is a straw man. Take a hike, hypocrite.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sat 20 Mar 2021, 13:51:07

https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-york- ... 42059.html

The New York Times: all the hate propaganda fit to print.

In stories from 2020 about Project Veritas videos, writers Maggie Astor and Tiffany Hsu inserted sentences that were opinions despite the articles being billed as news, New York Supreme Court Justice Charles Wood said.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby aadbrd » Sat 20 Mar 2021, 14:13:26

dissident wrote:https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-york-times-writers-may-have-deceived-readers-in-stories-about-project-veritas-court_3742059.html

In stories from 2020 about Project Veritas videos, writers Maggie Astor and Tiffany Hsu inserted sentences that were opinions despite the articles being billed as news, New York Supreme Court Justice Charles Wood said.

The right has no standing to call out media bias.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 20 Mar 2021, 14:31:28

aadbrd wrote:
dissident wrote:https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-york-times-writers-may-have-deceived-readers-in-stories-about-project-veritas-court_3742059.html

The right has no standing to call out media bias.

ahahahahaahah!

A NY State Supreme Court justice is not "the right." :roll:

I can't believe you don't know what a NY Supreme Court justice is...

omigosh---that post is my laugh of the day.

hahahahahaha!

Thanks!

and......

Sheesh! :lol: :-D :lol: :P :roll: :roll:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 20 Mar 2021, 20:19:10

Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby JuanP » Sat 20 Mar 2021, 22:03:42

Newfie wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Supreme_Court

That is a very interesting Wiki. The justices have mandatory retirement ages. Also, the court was established in 1691, before the USA even existed, and it is still around! Plus, a number of other very interesting details, quite a unique court.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sat 27 Mar 2021, 13:11:10

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1 ... 2539261957

The US Pravda, aka New York Times, is openly calling for more censorship of any venue not moderated "the right way" such as Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. If your opinion is not conformant with the narratives pushed by the NYT, then you are spreading hate.

Where did all that freedom of thought and expression go? During the Cold War I was hearing about it incessantly. Now during the alleged period of US supremacy I am supposed to conform to some SJW ideology? Take your neo-Trotskyist, subjectivist excrement and shove it. You don't get to be judge, jury and executioner over the views people have. The fake left "critical race theory" and other nonsense are not some timeless, self-evident truth. They are just another perversion.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 25 Dec 2021, 12:26:27

Some interesting statistics I stumbled over today.
Fox News topped the June viewership figures as well as the second quarter ratings, but all of the news networks continued to show steep declines in a post-election, post Donald Trump presidency news environment.

In primetime, Fox News topped with an average of 2.13 million viewers, compared to 1.31 million for MSNBC and 798,000 for CNN. Compared to the same month a year earlier, Fox News was off 42%, MSNBC was down 36% and CNN dropped 57%. In the 25-54 demo, Fox News drew an average of 329,000, down 50%; compared to 179,000 for CNN, falling 68%; and 166,000 for MSNBC, off by 48%.

In total day, Fox News averaged 1.17 million in total viewers, down 35%; MSNBC posted 763,000, down 37% and CNN was at 580,000, down 49%. In the 25-54 demo, the numbers were 195,000 for Fox News, down 42%, 133,000 for CNN, falling 59% and 99,000 for MSNBC, dropping by 48%.

Fast forward to November:

Fox News topped viewership again in November, with Tucker Carlson Tonight returning to its perch as the cable news’ top show among total viewers.

Carlson’s show averaged 3.67 million viewers, followed by The Five with 3.51 million, Hannity with 3.23 million, Special Report with Bret Baier at 2.77 million and The Ingraham Angle with 2.66 million.

In the adults 25-54 demo, Tucker Carlson Tonight averaged 651,000, followed by The Five with 557,000, Hannity at 541,000, Special Report with Bret Baier at 475,000 and The Ingraham Angle with 469,000.

All of the cable networks, however, saw declines in viewership compared to last November, highlighted by the presidential election and its aftermath. The declines were significant and even steep in some categories.

So in toto the top three cable news companies only managed to scrape up about 4.5 million viewers a day combined. Long gone are the days when at least a quarter of the population got their "news" from mainstream outlets. People get their opinion "news" from all sorts of places now and it is no longer filtered through the mainstream media editorial process before they absorb it.

In some ways I think this is a good thing, but it has its dark side as well. We have devolved from the say 1975 era when the media was more based on reporting established facts to 2021 when you are vastly more likely to hear opinion reported as fact with no objective limits on how distorted those opinions may be compared to actual physical reality.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dissident » Sun 02 Jan 2022, 00:11:50

It is a type of information space Balkanization. People are converging into echo chambers of affirmation. The legacy media is doubling down with its inane spew for the most part. One would have thought that their viewer numbers would have prompted some restoration of sanity. Instead we have demands for censorship of alt-media.

But for those who care to use their brains, there are many useful sources of information. The key is not to cherry pick them to suit one's fancy.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 02 Jan 2022, 02:45:23

How can media that relies on advertising revenue be unbiased in its reporting ?
How investigative journalism survive when revenue dries up ?
How do you maintain the truth when there are alternative truths being reported and repeated at every moment ?
The only way to have independence is to have a charter and a guaranteed funding source like the BBC or ABC (Australia)
The future is click bait and echo chambers of online content preaching to the converted .....democracy is the loser
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to North America Discussion