Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

SO WHAT DO WE DO

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

SO WHAT DO WE DO

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 17:48:20

Clearly we know that the exponentiality of capitalism is headed for a climate and resourcing wall. But we have no hard and fast timing data so at best we can only surmise on the quality of this function and its effects. Given the unclear quality of Earth Firster analysis and the resulting alliances of sentiment I see on this forum, I ask

SO WHAT DO WE DO.....what can we expect

Bearing in mind the context of this debate as it is in many quarters including PO, and redolent as it- is with notions of population culling, border closures and associated xenophobia, and the localisation of markets (and with no regard to the nature of markets as they currently are and remain; lacking as we do set data to suggest otherwise other than cyclical forms),

I would like the likes of those in the Ibon or even db camp to briefly explain how their models work. I would like to make sense of these models so this is not an attempt to bait but a genuine enquiry.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Re: SO WHAT DO WE DO

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:11:00

I wonder if your parents wonder where they went wrong with your upbringing. Most likely you are confined to their basement and aren't allowed to bring up Marxist ideology at the dinner table.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:17:24

Cog wrote:I wonder if your parents wonder where they went wrong with your upbringing. Most likely you are confined to their basement and aren't allowed to bring up Marxist ideology at the dinner table.

An incompetent hides his incompetency behind racist and character barbs. The new globalism of efficiency will see the outgoing tide uncover you.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:22:23

We won't judge you if you still live at home with mommy and daddy. We are an accepting sort of place.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:23:36

Cog wrote:We won't judge you if you still live at home with mommy and daddy. We are an accepting sort of place.

An incompetent hides his incompetency behind racist and character barbs. The new globalism of efficiency will see the outgoing tide uncover you.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:26:33

For a Forex trader you seem to post a lot during the 24/7 trading going on. I guess you aren't real good at it. Posting or trading for that matter. Does your boss know what you are up to?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:28:12

Cog wrote:For a Forex trader you seem to post a lot during the 24/7 trading going on. I guess you aren't real good at it.

Whatever takes your fancy, little man.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:46:24

There is nothing wrong with living in your parent's basement as long as you clean up after yourself and show up on time for dinner. You might want to offer to do some laundry while you are down there pecking away at the keyboard.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:03:59

Cog wrote:There is nothing wrong with living in your parent's basement as long as you clean up after yourself and show up on time for dinner. You might want to offer to do some laundry while you are down there pecking away at the keyboard.

Just keep making up stories...you do that elsewhere in your life.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jedrider » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:05:18

Elect Bernie Sanders. We have to take one step at a time.

After that, create a more equitable society so when it comes time to sacrifice, we are all in this together. ?? I don't know and no one really does either.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:05:56

I have great respect for those born with developmental challenges. There may be hope for you with the proper guidance.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:06:44

Incidentally Cog my jealous friend

I will not be on this board as often as I am henceforth due to work and nothing to do as regards your threats which in fact imbue me with a real sense of purpose when it comes to the likes of YOU.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:07:16

jedrider wrote:Elect Bernie Sanders. We have to take one step at a time.

After that, create a more equitable society so when it comes time to sacrifice, we are all in this together. ?? I don't know and no one really does either.

They guy wants to spend 18 trillion and take in 6 trillion in new taxes. Explain how the math works on that for your utopia.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:08:02

americandream wrote:Incidentally Cog my jealous friend

I will not be on this board as often as I am henceforth due to work and nothing to do as regards your threats which in fact imbue me with a real sense of purpose when it comes to the likes of YOU.

There will be many tears but somehow we will get through this difficult adjustment.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:10:01

jedrider wrote:Elect Bernie Sanders. We have to take one step at a time.

Thats the general idea. Obviously we will have to wade through the nincompoops, that abound and basically suck us dry with their exceptionalist demands.

Cog

I am merely busy, not gone for good.

I have your measure and you aint gonna get away with glib inconsistencies.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:12:41

You built up my hopes only to dash them against the reality of you posting again.

I'm sad but I will try to struggle on.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 22:10:00

Related:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... g-collapse

That is, historical data tracking forecasts made in the past.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby davep » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 04:47:42

Clearly we know that the exponentiality of capitalism is headed for a climate and resourcing wall.

Capitalism isn't inherently exponential. As I've stated elsewhere, the need for growth comes from the money creation system we currently have. That can be changed without altering the fundamental entrepreneurial elements of capitalism (that are currently largely suppressed due to corporate influence on Government).
What we think, we become.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Unread postby americandream » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 05:15:27

davep wrote:
Clearly we know that the exponentiality of capitalism is headed for a climate and resourcing wall.

Capitalism isn't inherently exponential. As I've stated elsewhere, the need for growth comes from the money creation system we currently have. That can be changed without altering the fundamental entrepreneurial elements of capitalism (that are currently largely suppressed due to corporate influence on Government).

The exponentiality of capitalism lies in the flows of labour value (flows) from source back to source with the mediation of the surplus component whose constant exchange the capitalist requires for consolidation. The banks are mere printing presses and conduits for the expression of this value in immediate or forwardised form.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby davep » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 05:45:15

americandream wrote:The banks are mere printing presses and conduits for the expression of this value in immediate or forwardised form.

Nope. When taking out a real estate loan money is created. When paying it back that money is destroyed. See the other thread where I posted the BoE "Money Creation in a modern economy" information. Private banks control the supply of over 90% of all money.
What we think, we become.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics