Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

To rebut irrational conspiracy theories

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

To rebut irrational conspiracy theories

Unread postby americandream » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 17:11:30

Manifesto of the Communist Party

The executive of the modern state is but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/w ... 01.htm#007
americandream
Permanently Banned

Re: To rebut irrational conspiracy theories

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:14:46

I asked for your manifesto. Prove you know what you are actually on about. This op proves Nada.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:19:16

SeaGypsy wrote:I asked for your manifesto. Prove you know what you are actually on about. This op proves Nada.

Its cos theres nada up there.

You just aint equipped for sound, consistent (with your circumstances) political positions. Better stick with Thomas the Tank Engine.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:21:44

There is not one person here who knows what you are on about. Why? Because it Is incoherent garbage.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:23:12

SeaGypsy wrote:There is not one person here who knows what you are on about. Why? Because it Is incoherent garbage.

No more incoherent than buying an Asian wife and running with white supremacists.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:32:57

Moron. My marriage has not one iota to do with your complete inability to describe what you are actually on about.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:36:03

SeaGypsy wrote:Moron. My marriage has not one iota to do with your complete inability to describe what you are actually on about.

Haha. It aptly describes your inconsistency.....is what it does.

There is no way I would be cooing up to Cog were my wife an Asian....no way.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:39:10

I'm done with you. Bye
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:40:19

Sounds good.

I dont intend to descend any further with you into Faustian depths of idiocy.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:49:41

Ignore function, unfortunately doesn't completely work. But certainly an improvement.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby americandream » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 18:56:24

SeaGypsy wrote:Ignore function, unfortunately doesn't completely work. But certainly an improvement.

Generally I prefer to engage incompetents so as we can rid ourselves of them and their incessant and weak exceptionalism. Unfortunately, you are not in that league and largely incompetent in your private life which is kinda yucky to highlight as opposed to useless posers who think they know capitalism.

So I would rather be done with you as I really have no interest in the personally incompetent. But you do have a habit of following me like an annoying noisy poodle.

Hopefully no more.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 19:42:36

SeaGypsy wrote:Ignore function, unfortunately doesn't completely work. But certainly an improvement.

I find a fast scroll past AD's posts works pretty well. Beats trying to figure them out.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 19:45:12

Cog wrote:

I find a fast scroll past AD's posts works pretty well. Beats trying to figure them out.

Do you think that might be due to your tendency to think that running capitalism for your Confed cronies actually makes a profit for the global markets.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby ralfy » Mon 14 Sep 2015, 22:40:35

The Manifesto generally got it right. Hence, governments that are likely pro-business, a financial elite with corporations that control the global economy, state apparatuses that maintain middle class views of the future, etc., all leading to financial crises, peak oil, and global warming.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ennui2 » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:01:51

Last time I checked, people's individual consumer habits are a big contributor to these crises without having to point the finger at government or elites.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 15 Oct 2015, 19:27:55

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/guess-who-o ... ds-assets/
Okay no conspiracy just the facts. 1% own half the world's wealth (assets). Can anyone tell me how this 1% does not have the corresponding power that goes with the wealth? I would like to hear a plausible explanation that this wealth does not endow those who possess it with commensurate power. This ratio seems to have existed throughout much of recorded history. So people wish to discount the elite/cabal/illuminanti fine on what basis does anyone discount the prerogatives that tremendous proportion of wealth they have and have had affords them.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby kanon » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 10:04:21

communist-manifesto/ch01
The bourgeoisie, historically, has played a most revolutionary part. (1. By bourgeoisie is meant the class of modern capitalists, owners of the means of social production and employers of wage labour.)

The bourgeoisie, wherever it has got the upper hand, has put an end to all feudal, patriarchal, idyllic relations. It has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties that bound man to his “natural superiors”, and has left remaining no other nexus between man and man than naked self-interest, than callous “cash payment”. It has drowned the most heavenly ecstasies of religious fervour, of chivalrous enthusiasm, of philistine sentimentalism, in the icy water of egotistical calculation. It has resolved personal worth into exchange value, and in place of the numberless indefeasible chartered freedoms, has set up that single, unconscionable freedom — Free Trade. In one word, for exploitation, veiled by religious and political illusions, it has substituted naked, shameless, direct, brutal exploitation.

. . . .

The bourgeoisie, during its rule of scarce one hundred years, has created more massive and more colossal productive forces than have all preceding generations together. Subjection of Nature’s forces to man, machinery, application of chemistry to industry and agriculture, steam-navigation, railways, electric telegraphs, clearing of whole continents for cultivation, canalisation of rivers, whole populations conjured out of the ground — what earlier century had even a presentiment that such productive forces slumbered in the lap of social labour?

The selected text shows that fossil fuels and banking are the actual drivers of the bourgeoisie capitalist system. It is no surprise that social classes are in competition and seek to oppress the others, since they always have done so. It is also no surprise that the dominant class tries to establish itself as the aristocracy. Also, I think characterizing industry as "productive" forces is an error because they are actually "consumptive" forces. I remain skeptical that the communist manifesto or Marx really offer a valuable analysis of social conditions. I think the real difference between communism and capitalism is who controls the money and fossil fuel use -- banking cartel in capitalism, party bureaucracy in communism. It would be better to see human society as more of a constant that takes different forms depending on available resources and the environment.
kanon
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:57:02

I have to agree with this analysis. Communism as now experience shows did and has not worked as intended. Alas, because ultimately it is still under the command of humans and as such can and will be corrupted. So it would still evolve into a form of plutocracy. In the end we humans would have to have a complete spiritual transformation so that we can learn to live in harmony with each other and with nature and not always seek to exploit each other or seek material gain. It maybe that what is coming is terms of such drastic changes on the planet could afford the environment for such a transformation given how it look like we will be humbled in a absolute senseas a species .
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 22:25:16

They are productive because goods have to be produced first before they can be consumed.

The manifesto is likely not an analysis because it's to short. Other works should probably be considered.

However, the description is valuable, unless one can argue that multinational corporations do not control the global economy.

It is true that for Marx it is a matter of control. Hence, we have the latter sections of the manifesto, among others.

Finally, the constant is implied in the first part of the same manifesto.
Last edited by ralfy on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 22:31:02, edited 1 time in total.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics