Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

WWIII just started ?

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

WWIII just started ?

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:26:25

The Alex Jones news channel is just reporting that a nuclear bomb exploded in the Ukraine:

http://www.infowars.com/video-nuke-repo ... n-ukraine/

(A toast to the end of the world) :shock:
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: WWIII just started ?

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:34:02

Nope. Incoming artillery onto a munitions depot near Donetsk. One "camera 3" shows multiple small flashes of hits before the money-shot hit whatever stack of stuff they had there.

A nuke would have a different characteristic, in that its EMP would fry pretty much all the consumer grade cameras and phones that would be nearby; also, you can draw some suspicion of the event because people had time to turn their cameras to the right direction, before the explosion. ie, they heard the incoming artillery hits that landed before the good hit. I suspect a nuke's flash would also be brighter, and would likely damage the ccd, even if the camera wasn't harmed by the EMP; the camera should either white-out or be left with a lasting haze. Could be wrong on that. Just trying to think through how the imager would be effected.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby radon1 » Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:44:42

russia-ukraine-newsline-freedom-of-speech-t70991-60.html#p1235264

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Ftvzvezda.ru%2Fnews%2Fvstrane_i_mire%2Fcontent%2F201502090219-vdgk.htm

(bing translated/edited)

The leader of the radical party "Right Sector" Dmitry Jarosz said the powerful blast in Donetsk in the night of 8 to 9 February was a result of the work of the Ukrainian artillery.

"Some time ago our artillery worked perfectly"- claimed his message in Facebook.

He also clarified that the firing was targeted at the Donetsk army forces.

"The explosion caused panic in Donetsk," added Jarosz.

Earlier, in the western part of the city, a powerful explosion produced a bright flash which was visible even in neighboring Makeyevka and Gorlovka. The Donetsk residents felt the vibration and the glass was broken in some homes.

The epicenter of the blast became a military chemical plant, which produces artillery ammunition and explosive bombs, and disposes of obsolete ammunition.

Eyewitnesses in social networks reported that the explosion caused a huge "mushroom" caustic smoke. Information on casualties among the peaceful population is unavailable yet.

http://youtu.be/BW3mvggUFEk
radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sun 08 Feb 2015, 23:46:37

Zerohedge is reporting that the explosion was large enough to be seen from space:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-0 ... le-donetsk
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:07:01

AgentR11 wrote:Nope. Incoming artillery onto a munitions depot near Donetsk. One "camera 3" shows multiple small flashes of hits before the money-shot hit whatever stack of stuff they had there.

A nuke would have a different characteristic, in that its EMP would fry pretty much all the consumer grade cameras and phones that would be nearby; also, you can draw some suspicion of the event because people had time to turn their cameras to the right direction, before the explosion. ie, they heard the incoming artillery hits that landed before the good hit. I suspect a nuke's flash would also be brighter, and would likely damage the ccd, even if the camera wasn't harmed by the EMP; the camera should either white-out or be left with a lasting haze. Could be wrong on that. Just trying to think through how the imager would be effected.

The EMP effect (Compton effect) only works at high altitudes and even then is mostly theoretical and unproven. You've never seen a nuke before so cool your jets. This was a vaccum bomb (FOAB) nuclear equivalent, if not a real nuke. Prepare to get drafted and blasted because you're going staright to the frontlines.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:16:50

With respect to nukes going off in the Ukraine: lets not forget the wind. It always blowing in some direction. Which means radioactive fallout that would affect millions regardless of which direction it was blowing. Despite how important the Grammy's are to the American public I'm pretty they would interrupt it to report the potential deaths of tens of thousands in the region.

But the music carries on.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:19:50

Those cameras were line of site, within about 2-4 miles of the blast. You sure about no pulse effect that close to a tactical size nuke.

Again, one camera shows lots of pre-boom hits; looked like grad missile area coverage hits, then one hit the stockpile and sets it off.

Also, my jets are quite cool. I'm completely unimpressed by the explosion that was recorded; it looks cool because its night, and low cloud cover; but it is otherwise quite mundane.

addenda? Whats with the "draft" thing. We have a professional military for a reason; because they are better at killing people and breaking things than a bunch of draftees.
Last edited by AgentR11 on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:28:09, edited 1 time in total.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:24:16

AgentR11 wrote:Those cameras were line of site, within about 2-4 miles of the blast. You sure about no pulse effect that close to a tactical size nuke.

Again, one camera shows lots of pre-boom hits; looked like grad missile area coverage hits, then one hit the stockpile and sets it off.

Also, my jets are quite cool. I'm completely unimpressed by the explosion that was recorded; it looks cool because its night, and low cloud cover; but it is otherwise quite mundane.

No pulse effect regardless if it were 1kt or 100mt. Detonated on the ground = no EMP effect.

You are joking if you think an explosion can knock windows out at 2-4 miles and be anyting but a thermobaric or nuclear weapon. That is looking like it definitely was a low yield nuke. It had a fireball. You can't get that from munitions.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:38:00

Tytwtáelwvàeszystw wrote:You are joking if you think an explosion can knock windows out at 2-4 miles and be anyting but a thermobaric or nuclear weapon. That is looking like it definitely was a low yield nuke. It had a fireball. You can't get that from munitions.

First off, yes you can get the floating fireball thing with munitions.

Secondly, I didn't say anything about windows. I was interested in the ccd and the brightness of the flash. I think a nuke's flash, line of site, would be sufficiently bright to damage the ccd.

Thirdly, I think the people of Houston, 40 miles away from the Texas City Disaster would dispute your assertion about windows, as theirs shattered, and there was no nuke. There was however, about a thousand tons of explosive material involved.

Stop making up incendiary(lol) BS, and use your brain.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:43:06

AgentR11 wrote:
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw wrote:You are joking if you think an explosion can knock windows out at 2-4 miles and be anyting but a thermobaric or nuclear weapon. That is looking like it definitely was a low yield nuke. It had a fireball. You can't get that from munitions.

First off, yes you can get the floating fireball thing with munitions.

Secondly, I didn't say anything about windows. I was interested in the ccd and the brightness of the flash. I think a nuke's flash, line of site, would be sufficiently bright to damage the ccd.

Thirdly, I think the people of Houston, 40 miles away from the Texas City Disaster would dispute your assertion about windows, as theirs shattered, and there was no nuke. There was however, about a thousand tons of explosive material involved.

Stop making up incendiary(lol) BS, and use your brain.

Glass in those days was not laminated. What you saw in that video was a modern multilayer laminated glass window being shattered and ripped off of its frame. Furthermore the Texas City disaster occurred on water and anyone who is familiar with water tamps knows its ability to amplify the power of explosions. A munitions depot will not generate a fireball of that magnitude that lasts that long. That was a nuclear chain reaction.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:45:22

Wow!!! What scoop!!! Nuclear weapons going off in Europe and not a peep from live BBC, Aljazera or CNN. What a coup for a web site called "Infowars". Yep...someone got nuked tonight. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:45:42

Thermite has never damaged a CCD to my knowledge and is roughly as bright as a nuclear weapon.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:47:37

ROCKMAN wrote:Wow!!! What scoop!!! Nuclear weapons going off in Europe and not a peep from live BBC, Aljazera or CNN. What a coup for a web site called "Infowars". Yep...someone got nuked tonight. LOL.

If a nuke ever goes off there will be censoring to prevent mass panic.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:50:03

You don't know the magnitude. That's the problem. And you're kneejerking because it looks impressive against the low light and low cloud cover. The color is also very wrong, it should go white, and it doesn't its just that warm yellow/orange. Nothing to suggest anything more interesting that regular old explosives and chemical precursors going boom in a big old batch.

I doubt much glass in Donetsk is laminated either, as its all likely decades old. The place was decrepit before the conflict started. Cute standium and a spiffied up park not withstanding. Especially not the glass used in those antique apartment blocks and run down houses.

As to length of time, the only time stamped video I found doesn't have the fireball lasting very long at all. A couple seconds at best; followed by afterglow from fire on the cloud ceiling.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GregT » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:01:01

There is no way that WW3 could be started in Ukraine. It is a civil war between a right winged neo-fascist government, and a group of people that are trying to maintain control of their own homelands.

Without the injection of armaments and money from far away places, the war will simply peter out on it's own.
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:09:43

You are downplaying this event because you know you are about to get drafted and thrown out of a plane directly in to nuclear hellfire by a tobacco chewing Jesse Ventura.

A couple seconds is all a fireball lasts innits spherical form regardless of yield. Yield of this bomb may have been 1-5kt. Coloration was normal for devyce of that size. That WAS laminated glass.

AgentR11 wrote:You don't know the magnitude. That's the problem. And you're kneejerking because it looks impressive against the low light and low cloud cover. The color is also very wrong, it should go white, and it doesn't its just that warm yellow/orange. Nothing to suggest anything more interesting that regular old explosives and chemical precursors going boom in a big old batch.

I doubt much glass in Donetsk is laminated either, as its all likely decades old. The place was decrepit before the conflict started. Cute standium and a spiffied up park not withstanding. Especially not the glass used in those antique apartment blocks and run down houses.

As to length of time, the only time stamped video I found doesn't have the fireball lasting very long at all. A couple seconds at best; followed by afterglow from fire on the cloud ceiling.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:13:28

GregT wrote:There is no way that WW3 could be started in Ukraine. It is a civil war between a right winged neo-fascist government, and a group of people that are trying to maintain control of their own homelands.

Without the injection of armaments and money from far away places, the war will simply peter out on it's own.

As you can see, armaments were injected from far away places in the form of a 1-5kt "buck you in the butt" nuclear weapon. Prepare to die slackjaw, you're going to get cannibalized by the Nazis.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:24:59

ROCKMAN wrote:With respect to nukes going off in the Ukraine: lets not forget the wind. It always blowing in some direction. Which means radioactive fallout that would affect millions regardless of which direction it was blowing. Despite how important the Grammy's are to the American public I'm pretty they would interrupt it to report the potential deaths of tens of thousands in the region.

At the Munich conference, Porhoshenko talked about the danger of nuclear disaster. Just from the fact that one of the largest nuke plants in the world was 300 km from the fighting at one point. If bombing / fighting overtakes that plant, then boom you got a nuclear disaster for Europe with fallout flying on the winds.

By doing nothing at all, Merkel and Obama have made a very dangerous situation. Most of the blame is on Obama. And that is the truth -- he did nothing -- and what happens is his fault because he did nothing to stop it. And I don't care what anyone says about that, I'm right about it.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tytwtáelwvàeszystw » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:27:08

Sixstrings wrote:
ROCKMAN wrote:With respect to nukes going off in the Ukraine: lets not forget the wind. It always blowing in some direction. Which means radioactive fallout that would affect millions regardless of which direction it was blowing. Despite how important the Grammy's are to the American public I'm pretty they would interrupt it to report the potential deaths of tens of thousands in the region.

At the Munich conference, Porhoshenko talked about the danger of nuclear disaster. Just from the fact that one of the largest nuke plants in the world was 300 km from the fighting at one point. If bombing / fighting overtakes that plant, then boom you got a nuclear disaster for Europe with fallout flying on the winds.

By doing nothing at all, Merkel and Obama have made a very dangerous situation. Most of the blame is on Obama. And that is the truth -- he did nothing -- and what happens is his fault because he did nothing to stop it. And I don't care what anyone says about that, I'm right about it.

The dangers of radiation from both nuclear weapons and nuclear power plants has been greatly overestimated/exaggerated.
Tytwtáelwvàeszystw
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:28:40

So guys what was this thing, is it a tactical nuke or a "moab" (mother of all bomb) conventional thing?

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQ5EPnSE_4

P.S. That could be a munitions depot hit or something like that, which would cause a large explosion.
Last edited by Sixstrings on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 01:32:08, edited 1 time in total.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics