Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Min. Louis Farrakhan Explains the Politics of Oil

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Min. Louis Farrakhan Explains the Politics of Oil

Unread postby mattduke » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 11:02:50

I had never listened to this guy before. Not what I expected, then I realized my expectations were programmed by television, and it made sense.
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Taghayee » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 11:10:37

very nice indeed. Except he is half right about the Taliban.

Taliban indeed came to power because of the civil war but that civil war was created by ISI-Saudi. It started with foreign Arab fighters attacking Afghan Shia neighborhoods Taliban were the second wave of the wahabi push to take control of the country. Their first effort was met with failure as the Northern pro Russian and pro Iranian armies crashed them on the streets of the capital. Zarqawi for example started his education in those wars in Kabul streets back in early 90s.

The reason that Talibs were taken out was not because of their disagreement over the pipeline but because of their inability to secure the country for that pipeline. They had hard time defeating the pro Russian elements headed by the legendary Commander Masood.
Masood was assassinated by a camera man and a journalist (i wonder if even the camera man knew he was holding a bomb) on sept 8. 3 days latter 911 followed and US invaded Afghanistan. Absence of Masood meant absence of any organized resistance. His top commanders were all given 100s of millions of dollars, sums unimaginable for them, for their loyalty to US.

Taliban are as much an instrument of US foreign policy today as they were when they were created. My prediction is that soon we will see an resurgent strong taliban marching towards the infidel Shia Iran and the Godless Russians. When 'democratic' and 'diplomatic' arms fail, they'll take the good old 'holy hand' out.
Taghayee
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby kam3Oen » Sat 30 Aug 2008, 07:49:39

Not what I expected, then I realized my expectations were programmed by television, and it made sense.

Except the bit about American involvement in Libya. It's just too bad that the first and second barbary wars occurred decades before commercial oil production began. I guess that works well for his audience of room temperate IQ simians.
kam3Oen
Peat
Peat

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics