Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

You don´t need to be crazy to deal with energy ....

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

You don´t need to be crazy to deal with energy ....

Unread postby pana_burda » Mon 17 Mar 2008, 11:23:17

but it sure helps ....... a LOT!!!!
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Location: In freefall speed right down to the claws of the devil

Re: You don´t need to be crazy to deal with energy ....

Unread postby Kaj » Mon 17 Mar 2008, 15:48:14

Yes, he must be mad. Hugo Chavez is the first president to actually do something for the poor people in his country. That's just not normal.
Kaj
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Concerned » Mon 17 Mar 2008, 19:07:40

Kaj wrote:Yes, he must be mad. Hugo Chavez is the first president to actually do something for the poor people in his country. That's just not normal.

Fancy that being elected to govern and look after your people and actually doing it.

Washington is only happy when billionaire capitalists and their bankers are being feathered with cash and privilege.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
-Italian Proverb
Concerned
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby pana_burda » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 01:14:58

Nope ..... according to venezuelan poors, you are dead wrong. However, since they don´t speak your language, they are bound to remain doomed, while you´re cheering up for the main responsible of it.

http://radardelosbarrios.blogspot.com/
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Kaj » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 02:41:33

Indeed, I cannot understand the site.

Since you are gifted in both languages, and are therefore in the unique position to champion the true cause of the poor - perhaps you will enlarge upon your outrage at Chavez' inequitable system with some substance? I would hate to doom the Venezuelan people with my continued ignorance.
Kaj
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Concerned » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 02:52:26

pana_burda wrote:Nope ..... according to venezuelan poors, you are dead wrong. However, since they don´t speak your language, they are bound to remain doomed, while you´re cheering up for the main responsible of it.

Ummm... ok so the rich people voted him in???

Im not getting it at all :shock:
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
-Italian Proverb
Concerned
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby pana_burda » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 12:46:55

Well, the "substance" is partially right there, in the link. And right here, in this south american country. Just that you aren´t in a truer contact with it. The language is just partly to blame for it.

There are only TWO kind of people that support hugo: Those who don´t know him and fall for the huge international lobby presented by MOST international media and those who are taking economic advantage of his personal and POLITICAL weaknesses. Therefore, I encourage people to educate themselves better and more balancedly, on this (or any other particular subject) before stamping their seal of approval to it. That´s my intention, at least.

There is a popular saying in this country: "Not every shiny, goldenlike thing ought to be gold". ........ and MOST people in Venezuela are already aware of the kind of ....... brownish "matter" that guy is made of.
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby pana_burda » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 13:26:26

Concerned wrote:
pana_burda wrote:Nope ..... according to venezuelan poors, you are dead wrong. However, since they don´t speak your language, they are bound to remain doomed, while you´re cheering up for the main responsible of it.

Ummm... ok so the rich people voted him in???

Im not getting it at all :shock:

Emmmm, I see ...... !!.

Nope, "hopeful" people once voted for him, back in 1998. He was a legitimate p-resident until the 2004 stolen refferendum. [smilie=profe.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp9v_O54i84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglC825o ... re=related
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Kaj » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 17:55:24

Well here's a link we can both understand:
An excellent documentary, (only partially in english) which went to interview hundreds of ordinary Venezuelans, and shows life on the streets.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... &plindex=0

The videos show, quite clearly, that the poor were sick of the neglect of the previous Perez government, which lead to their uprising, and that Chavez has a lot of support from a lot of poor people.
Kaj
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Kaj » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 18:10:10

Ooh lovely, found a link in with English subtitles for us Anglophones:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6167655798

This is a really good documentary if you want to see Venezuela on the ground - extensive interviews. And recent (2007).
Kaj
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Kaj » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 18:19:01

From the documentary:
now more than 40% of the entire budget of Venezuela goes into social spending

Now, you could argue that this is money poorly managed if you like. But you can never accuse him of not trying.
Kaj
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby pana_burda » Tue 18 Mar 2008, 20:34:46

Well, those videos are fine just if you´d want to be pleased by what you see through them.

Now, if you really wanna see things the way MOST venezuelans FEEL is our current situation, this is the one you ought to see.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9364089950

I posted it much earlier but I think your interest deserves the link to be placed right here back again ...... and THANKS for the genuine interest!!

By the way, emm ..... you MAY be correct when saying I could NOT accuse somebody out of trying to do some good out of some actions. That´s partially true.

Now, if/when that administrator uses to shield away his incompetence/corruption behind that "social spending" clique and get away with it, then that´s not so. That´s why we USED to have elections every five years so we could politically punish those bad administrators and try, perhaps, with better ones up, but ....... that´s over with this man.

As an example of what I´m saying, I could tell you one little true story of this "president" and the way he "administers" our wealth out.

The OFFICIAL residence for our presidents used to be a manssion located in Santa Cecilia, Caracas, called "La Casona". This place, as I said, was the residence of the later heads of states until this one guy came along. It is NO secret for anyone he preffered to live in a military fort, "Fuerte Tiuna", of course, conditioned to fit his needs and tastes.

The thing with this tale is that not only no one knows who in heaven live in that presidential house but also that the economic/financial drain from that place and its maintenance has skyrocketed to unbelievable figures, since this bunch of "mis-administrators" took the reins of the country. What do they hide behind that true fact?. Most of us feel corruption is it but there are NO institutions or official instances politically or moraly valid as to certify the fate of that financial burden.

So, as you could see, good intentions aren´t enough as to push forward any country and its economy. Nor electoral punishments are an valid option for us, as democratically civilised people that most of us are.
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics