Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Eric Garner root cause analysis, why did he die?

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Eric Garner root cause analysis, why did he die?

Unread postby joesnufy » Mon 08 Dec 2014, 14:40:07

Oneaboveall wrote:
Keith_McClary wrote:If Eric Garner's killer can't be indicted, what cop possibly could? It's time to fix grand juries
If you are an ordinary citizen being investigated for a crime by an American grand jury, there is a 99.993% chance you’ll be indicted. Yet if you’re a police officer, that chance falls to effectively nil.
I have read elsewhere that once you are indited you have a 99% chance of conviction. What other countries can beat that? North Korea?

I'm going to repost this. I noticed it's gotten more attention with all the recent publicity around grand juries:

Police officer who killed 17 year old armed with a WII REMOTE will not face charges:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/17/n ... ontroller/

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/224897/ ... -anything/

A grand jury in Euharlee, Georgia has decided not to indict Cpl. Beth Gatny in the shooting death of Christopher Roupe. Roupe was a member of his school’s ROTC and was hoping to join the military after graduation.

On February 14th, Valentine’s Day, Gatny and some other officers knocked on the door of the mobile home where Roupe lived, in order to serve his father with a warrant for violating his probation. Gatny said she heard what she “believed to be a firearm” before the door opened, drew her pistol at Christopher and shot, believing the Wii controller in his hand was a gun.

Here's the best part:

Although a previous grand jury found that Gatny’s use of force was unauthorized and that she should be subject to further prosecution, the new one decided that she should not be charged with either involuntary manslaughter or reckless conduct.

So we just summon a new grand jury when the previous one returns a recommendation we don't like?

The Wii remote was a lie created by the family. After the grand jury decision the GBI investigation was made public record and I have posted the information at euharleepoliceshooting(dot)com. Inside there you will find copy/pasted parts of the various interviews that prove the Wii was a lie. The facebook link takes you to the actual audio recording from the back up officer's hidden mic that captured the siblings speaking to other family/friends over the phone stating the truth that Roupe answered the door pointing a gun at CPL Gatny. The jail interview with the father is also there and shows when he is confronted with the truth and the lies are shot down.
joesnufy
Wood
Wood

Unread postby ralfy » Mon 08 Dec 2014, 22:56:25

wildbourgman wrote:Ralfy, now was that so hard?

I think that more and more I am in agreement with your comment and I don't like that at all. I don't think things have to be that way, but it certainly looks like it is that way.

I think the points I gave and the manner by which I made them in my second message post are as clear as the first.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby wildbourgman » Tue 09 Dec 2014, 01:16:34

Well the second one worked for me. I'm kind of dense so concise brevity and clarity help me more than you know.
wildbourgman
Coal
Coal

Previous

Return to North America Discussion