Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Ottowa Shooting

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Ottowa Shooting

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:11:50

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10 ... -shooting/

Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the gunman identified by Canadian officials in this morning’s Ottawa shooting, was a recent convert to Islam, according to multiple reports.

Zehaf-Bibeau, dressed in black, covered his face in a scarf as he shot and killed a guard at a war memorial before storming Parliament’s halls and firing off a flurry of bullets, authorities and witnesses said. He was ultimately fatally shot by the ceremonial seargent-at-arms.

“I looked out the window and saw a shooter, a man dressed all in black with a kerchief over his nose and mouth”
Share:
“I looked out the window and saw a shooter, a man dressed all in black with a kerchief over his nose and mouth and something over his head as well, holding a rifle and shooting an honor guard in front of the cenotaph point-blank, twice,” witness Tony Zobl told the Canadian Press news agency. “The honor guard dropped to the ground, and the shooter kind of raised his arms in triumph holding the rifle.”

CBC Ottawa published a picture of Zehaf-Bibeau, saying sources confirmed it was the man responsible for the deadly shooting.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Ottowa Shooting

Unread postby KingM » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:18:46

More exemplary behavior from the religion of peace.
KingM
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:19:12

This shooting incident occurred two days after another Canadian Muslim convert ran over two soldiers with this car. The car mayhem has been ruled a terrorist attack.

canadian-soldier-run-down-in-what-officials-call-act-of-terror-dies

The Caliph in Syria ordered his overseas followers to stage attacks in the US and other countries that are now attacking the Caliphate. Looks like Canada has some "home-grown" jihadis who are heeding the Caliph's call.

The Caliph's command is......KILL KILL KILL KILL
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby GregT » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:33:24

Harper had very little support from the Canadian public in joining the DC led 30 year long 'War On Terror'. I have discussed this at length with many of my peers. We all saw this coming. If not enough support for War is garnered from this event, expect another, and another, until the general public is ready to give up even more civil liberties, and freedoms.
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:48:27

It is a good thing that the Sargent at arms really was "at arms".
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:58:23

Ottawa is spelled wrong in the title.
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Deputy Barnes » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 21:16:44

"The most common lie is the lie that one tells to oneself" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Vote Republican.
Deputy Barnes
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 21:31:56

Repent wrote:Ottawa is spelled wrong in the title.

Sorry, I was born in Toledo and didn't take time to look it up when I started the thread.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 21:55:36

vtsnowedin wrote:It is a good thing that the Sargent at arms really was "at arms".

It's not just a ceremonial position.
He is in charge of security for Parliament.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Lore » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 22:00:11

Deputy Barnes wrote:Image

Who is that guy?
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 22 Oct 2014, 22:07:17

GregT wrote:Harper had very little support from the Canadian public in joining the DC led 30 year long 'War On Terror'. I have discussed this at length with many of my peers. We all saw this coming. If not enough support for War is garnered from this event, expect another, and another, until the general public is ready to give up even more civil liberties, and freedoms.

The stated goal of ISIS in staging these attacks and video beheadings is to provoke us to (re)invade the Mideast. So obviously we should do what they want us to do. That's a no-brainer.
:roll:
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Paulo1 » Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:14:38

Greg...

This has also been quite troubling for our family. Back in 03 if Harper had been in power he would have sent Canadian boys and girls (certainly soon to be men and women) to war. Luckily, he was not. In fact, when his local MP campaign workers called this is what was said by myself and friends.

He has one year left and enjoys playing the big boy western leader. This 6 month comittment of aircraft and support will likely not be extended as the fallout will probably begin over the next few months. We can only hope.

Westerners go home. Westerners come home. Let the Muslims deal with their own shit pile. Canada has enough oil and is a net exporter. What the hell are we doing there?

Paulo
Paulo1
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Thu 23 Oct 2014, 13:28:06

While not exclusively the fault of the current prime minister, Conservative Stephen Harper, many will put the largest part of the blame on his efforts to transform Canada from a moderate, middle power with a history of virtually inventing UN peacekeeping, into a shrill, warmongering nation ever ready to rattle its (insignificant) sabre at any opportunity.
A few commentators have pointed to Harper’s recklessness and rhetorically asked just why no one in his government seemed to take seriously the ISIS threat to take the fight to Canada. According to a report in the National Post, on September 21st, ISIS spokesman Abu Muhammad Al-Adnani “…urged ISIS supporters to kill Canadians, Americans, Australians, French and other Europeans…Rely upon Allah …Do not ask for anyone’s advice and do not seek anyone’s verdict.”
http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/10/23/ ... wa-attack/
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 23 Oct 2014, 13:36:56

Keith - "It's not just a ceremonial position." Last I heard the MSG (marines) at the White House weren't allowed to carry their side arms loaded. I guess if it got bad enough they could throw them at an aggressor. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 23 Oct 2014, 14:22:06

Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 23 Oct 2014, 18:36:26

I remember My fathers recollections of WW1 where having the Canadians and the Australians on your left and right flanks was the safest place to be. Certainly this Sargent at arms did not go to work yesterday planning to become a hero. But the duty presented itself and he stepped up and did what needed to be done. You can only hope that when an equal danger comes to you that you can stand and deliver.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 00:59:31

It's a shame that it's needed and necessary now, but the Canadian gov will need to revamp its security.

There was a time back in the 60s when folks could just walk on in to see their congressmen, etc. Canada's been a quaint place like that.

They need change things a bit now though, Parliament needs a DC capitol police equivalent. It shouldn't be possible to just run in with a gun like that.

Where is the security? Metal detectors? A cop at the front door?

And the larger issue, is the radical muslim problem. Canada and UK have had a bigger problem than we have but it's started up here too now.

Saw something on CNN tonight about a muslim attacking a cop in NYC with an *AXE*. Just crazy sh*t. He just rushed a random cop on the street, with an axe.

There have been some stories out of London too like that, before. It's disturbing to see it happening here now.

Canada, the US, and Britain -- have got to drop the political correctness and take a stand against the wrong kind of islam.

P.S. -- yep that sergeant at arms is a hero. My point is that it shouldn't have gone that far, how did someone just rush into parliament like that. They need police at the front doors and metal detectors and screen the public coming in.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Fri 24 Oct 2014, 01:38:26

Sixstrings wrote:It's a shame that it's needed and necessary now, but the Canadian gov will need to revamp its security.
Harper should have thought of that when he declared war on Islam. His Bible says that Jews are born with entitlements to Palestine that supersede Muslims' rights.
Sixstrings wrote:Where is the security? Metal detectors? A cop at the front door?
I was there last year. Had to line up to go through airline type security. Turns out that was all just "security theatre" - the gunman didn't wait in line, he just barged through the front door.
Sixstrings wrote:Parliament needs a DC capitol police equivalent.
They have the House of Commons Police, the Senate Police, the Ottawa Police, the Ontario Provincial Police, the RCMP/GRC and since it's on the Ottawa riverbank, the Quebec Provincial Police and the Gatineau Police. What could go wrong?
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to North America Discussion