Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

How can free energy be true?

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

How can free energy be true?

Unread postby misterno » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:01:27

So I got this friend of mine who happens to be an electrical engineer

He showed me this video about free energy in its simplest form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTLLnUOPOQk

He is planning to buy 2 electrical motors and try the same thing in his garage. If failed all he gotta do is return the items back to Northern Tool equpiment with 15% restocking fee that is all, he wants me to share the cost

He says govt lets u produce energy for free for your own use but does not let u sell out.

There is no such federal law, is there?

Literally, you have to be stupid to believe these kinds of things yet youtube.com has thousands of similar videos.

How about the video? How can this be true?
Last edited by misterno on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:16:10, edited 1 time in total.
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: How can free energy be true?

Unread postby efarmer » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:29:58

Free energy can truly be a generator of funds for those who sell their "secret sauce" plans and documents on the Internet for other people to build and find out do no work as expected if they work at all. The government suppression angle is almost always present, to inspire the potential plan or kit customer to feel as if they are a brave pioneer on an entirely new frontier.

If he decides to go forward, suggest he use absolutely free money to pursue free energy, and please come back and tell us where the absolutely free money comes from, because that in and of itself, is a very attractive resource.
Last edited by efarmer on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:34:49, edited 1 time in total.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby misterno » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:34:25

efarmer wrote:Free energy can truly be a generator of funds for those who sell their "secret sauce" plans and documents on the Internet for other people to build and find out do no work as expected if they work at all. The government suppression angle is almost always present, to inspire the potential plan or kit customer to feel as if they are a brave pioneer on an entirely new frontier.

If he decides to go forward, suggest he use absolutely free money to pursue free energy,

well plans and videos are on the internet FOR FREE

I have never seen plans for sale

That being said, did you watch the video that I gave the link in the original post? I want to hear what you think about that video.
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:51:38

I also am an EE, and I do NOT believe in perpetual motion machines, or that a motor-generator produces free energy, even one with a large flywheel as shown. I am suspicious of another supply wire hidden beneath the wood that spans the space between the workbench and the wondrous machine.

Nor is there any Federal law about energy production or sales, those are the exclusive domain of the various states. In California for example, residents are encouraged to produce and sell electricity in small retail quantities, from solar and wind and other renewable sources. The only Federal role is oversight of various energy exchanges via the Interstate Commerce clause.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:17:09

Of course there is no such thing as free energy - any more than there is free anything else. Even if this machine actually overcame the laws of physics, what would motivate anyone to not sell the energy they made instead of posting a video on youtube?

Are the only altruists in the world free energy inventors?

LOL, simple common sense goes a long way.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby misterno » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:17:30

KaiserJeep wrote:I also am an EE, and I do NOT believe in perpetual motion machines, or that a motor-generator produces free energy, even one with a large flywheel as shown. I am suspicious of another supply wire hidden beneath the wood that spans the space between the workbench and the wondrous machine.

Nor is there any Federal law about energy production or sales, those are the exclusive domain of the various states. In California for example, residents are encouraged to produce and sell electricity in small retail quantities, from solar and wind and other renewable sources. The only Federal role is oversight of various energy exchanges via the Interstate Commerce clause.

what is the meaning of creating thousand of videos spending time editing etc only to find out that it is bullshit?

Youtube.com has millions of these

Maybe Tesla was stupid also, who knows.
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pops » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:24:57

misterno wrote:what is the meaning of creating thousand of videos spending time editing etc only to find out that it is bullshit?

Maybe Tesla was stupid also, who knows.

See, now that is a serious question; why are there millions of youtube videos produced for no apparent reason?

Why are there millions of pictures posted on facebook every day?

Why have I tapped out almost 14,000 post on this very site for no aparent reason?

the mind boggles
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby efarmer » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:52:22

Once the motors are running, one acting as a generator drives the other as a motor and the only energy required is that to make up for friction in bearings and belts, and losses of energy into the windings and cores of the motors as waste heat. A smallish battery could do this and be easily hidden.

Why do people do this? It is like finding the Lost Dutchman mine, or the Holy Grail, or some other object made from pure unobtanium, like a car that runs
on Easter Bunny farts, only you don't find it, ever. So then you insert a little cheat to show everyone you didn't waste all of your time and money trying to violate the laws of thermodynamics.

Put some workload on the motor where it begins to demand input energy to
supply a real load and watch it go naughty and shoot off into the weeds.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:57:21

efarmer wrote:watch it go naughty and shoot off into the weeds.

See, now that is a good use for youtube ...
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby dolanbaker » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 17:09:17

The only way that you'll ever get free energy is to steal it from someone else. :badgrin:
Or live in a place where natural gas seeps out of the ground and you capture it under a plastic sheet.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Quinny » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 17:30:28

It can't
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby kublikhan » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 17:47:27

what is the meaning of creating thousand of videos spending time editing etc only to find out that it is bullshit?

I personally like this one:

Infinite Solutions: Quicktip #5
The oil barrel is half-full.
kublikhan
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Pops » Mon 28 Jul 2014, 17:59:19

LOL, that's mean!
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Paulo1 » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 09:43:31

Personally, I like those pellets you can put in water and run your car on it. Those magic phernomes that attract women look pretty interesting, too. If that works I might get one of those contraptions to enhance my....well, you know.

Actually, there are some very helpful videos on Youtube. I use it all the time when needing info, like tricky brake jobs, best techniques for vertical welding...whatever.

Perpetual motion machines, probably not. The EE should know better. He is either pulling your leg or got his degree online.

Paulo
Paulo1
Coal
Coal

Unread postby efarmer » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 11:17:31

Paulo1, free energy scams are similar to the marketing inertia associated with erectile dysfunction remedies, which unlike free energy, actually work.
One gets the much anticipated magic pills and gobbles them in preparation
for a session of mythic proportions only to be faced with stark reality from
the missus:

"Well it is magnificent Love, but how are we going to go out and dine and dance and have some bubbly to get in the mood, with you sporting a wedding night willy that could cut diamonds poking about in your kit?"

Yes, there is always that need to match supply with demand on a timely basis.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby misterno » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 12:09:27

I still dont understand who makes money on these scams

Putting a video on youtube is very easy but there is no gain it just takes lots of time

for what? There is no gain in this
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby efarmer » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 13:42:27

To get attention, build notoriety, and stroke self esteem I would guess for starters. What if it were an abiotic oil stone from Timbuktu that wept hydrocarbons in an inexhaustible torrent yet fit in your pocket in a sandwich bag rather than an electrical gizmo? Too good to be true actually is 99% of the time and when it is not, it is a new exploit that is governed by the laws of physics known to date and possibly augmented in scope by a truly new phenomena, or it is a gift of love from a secret admirer. Like buying stuff from Northern Tool for a friend to pursue free energy.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 14:57:59

Since the 1950's there have been stories about people tapping the Schumann Resonance, the natural 7.8 Hertz radio signal broadcast by the Ionosphere. If you can figure out an energy tap you will b a gazillionaire. Many have tried, all have failed...will You be The One?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dolanbaker » Tue 29 Jul 2014, 16:16:20

I once heard a story about a free energy supply that actually worked, but it turned out to be a tuned circuit and rectifier (simple AM radio receiver) and a huge antenna array.

The BBC were not pleased as it nulled out a large area of the countries reception of the "Home Service on Long wave 1500m" or 200kHz. As he had a license for the receiver all they could do was to ask him to stop using it!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby forbin » Wed 30 Jul 2014, 05:14:31

15% restocking fee ?

huh , there maybe no "free" energy ( well maybe solar once you've paid it off but then again you have to pay off this Genset anyways )

But it does sound like "free" money .......

Forbin
forbin
Peat
Peat

Next

Return to Energy Technology