Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

BlackLight Power

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

BlackLight Power

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 05 Jun 2008, 21:50:04

BlackLight Power has invented a new primary energy source with applications to heating, distributed power generation, central power generation, and motive power based on a new chemical process of releasing the latent energy of the hydrogen atom, the BlackLight Process. In this process, the electron in an ordinary hydrogen atom is induced to move closer to the proton, below the prior-known ground state to form more stable hydrogen atoms called hydrinos. The large energy released exceeds that required to extract hydrogen from water, such that water may serve as the hydrogen fuel source for the process.
BlackLight's experimental results are published widely and have been replicated by independent groups. The process, apparatus and compositions of matter are covered by patents pending and issued. BlackLight will license companies for the commercialization of our technologies as we continue to develop new technologies related to the BlackLight Process. "The BlackLight process generates enormous amounts of cheap, non-polluting heat that will replace the thermal power of coal, oil, gas, and nuclear power plants that is then converted to energy." BlackLight Power is owned by Millsian, Inc.

I read a research report about this several years ago. If I remember correctly, the discoverer is from Harvard, or some Ivy League school? He is of all things an electrical engineer!

Anyone got any extra info on this?

Of course, by the time this technology becomes mature and the infrastructure is rebuilt to utilize it, the wheels will have long since fallen off this civilization, but a least our grandkids won’t have to sit around pounding the rocks together for amusement!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Re: BlackLight Power

Unread postby eric_b » Thu 05 Jun 2008, 22:05:36

You should know better.
eric_b
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Arsenal » Thu 05 Jun 2008, 22:07:30

Why is it when I read these "new energy" claims, all I can think of is the snake oil or hair tonic hucksters of old.

From wikipedia.

"Mills' work is not accepted by the scientific community, and has been largely ignored by it (as of November 2007, only four papers discussing hydrinos were present in the arXiv physics database, three of which say that hydrinos cannot exist. [5] The only peer-reviewed evaluation, published in 2005 by Andreas Rathke of ESA, found "severe inconsistencies" in the theory, including a lack of "solutions that predict the existence of hydrinos".

I hope someone comes up with something but for now I will prep for the worst.
Arsenal
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 05 Jun 2008, 22:51:35

eric_b said:

You should know better.

Even if Mills’ work is not generally accepted, because it is based on a hypothetical fractional quantum state, which is theoretically impossible, it is irrelevant. Any technology requires at least 30 years to come to fruition. We will long since be back to donkey carts before then!

But, to dismiss his work out of hand because it defies a rather fuzzy, non a priori science might be a mistake. The priest hood of quantum mechanics have much to lose if he turns out to be correct. Of course I’m not yet investing my money into BlackLight, but he does bare watching. He has managed to avoid most of the “intelligentsia” bullets up to this point.

Anyway, I just threw this out as a general interest topic because it was published in what I usually consider to be a fairly reliable financial paper.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Uniquack » Thu 05 Jun 2008, 23:34:50

I was quite excited about the prospects of Mill's work back in 2000. He actually has a medical degree. Eric Bard wrote an interesting article about Mills and his work in the Village Voice back then. But then nothing came of it, and 8 years later, I'm still waiting, hoping. If it's for real, now is the time to introduce it to the world.

From the Blacklightpower website:
In BlackLight's patented process, atomic hydrogen is reacted with a catalyst, and energy is released as the electrons of atomic hydrogen are induced by the catalyst to undergo transitions to lower energy levels to form lower-energy hydrogen atoms called hydrinos. Since hydrinos have energy levels much lower than uncatalyzed hydrogen atoms, the energy release is intermediate between conventional chemical and nuclear energies. The net energy released may be over one hundred times that of combustion with power densities like those of fossil fuel combustion and nuclear power plants. Thus, the catalysis of atomic hydrogen, the BlackLight Process, represents a potential new source of energy. The hydrogen fuel is obtained by diverting a fraction of the output energy of the process to power the electrolysis of water into its elemental constituents. With water as the fuel, the operational cost of BlackLight Power generators will be very inexpensive. Moreover, rather than air pollutants or radioactive waste, novel hydrogen compounds with potential commercial applications are the by-products. The BlackLight Process offers a prospectively efficient, clean, cheap, and versatile thermal energy source.

(http://www.blacklightpower.com/applicat ... owerPlants)

They claim some very interesting evidence, including materials with novel properties produced by the hydrino reactions, surplus power, even accurate molecular modeling. I'm for empiricism over rationalism-- that is, if I see good evidence, I don't entirely care if we can't explain why.
Uniquack
Wood
Wood

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 05 Jun 2008, 23:58:08

Uniquack said:

I'm for empiricism over rationalism-- that is, if I see good evidence, I don't entirely care if we can't explain why.

If Mill’s is an MD this would be right up his alley. Medical science can’t even really explain why your liver works, it just does. Many things defy our science, we can ignore them because they don’t exist inside our held paradigms, but they are still there! Holding science with the same fervor as a religion is just plain “unscientific”!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby AirlinePilot » Fri 06 Jun 2008, 00:07:24

When Mills has large engines, power plants on vehicles, and large scale electrical generating plants up and running on a commercial scale I might sit up and pay attention. This guy has been around for quite some time. There are folks who make a living at using other folks money for their "projects".

Kind of like Mr Moller and his "SkyCar".

If it sounds too good to be true....it usually is.
AirlinePilot

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 06 Jun 2008, 00:35:39

AirlinePilot said:

When Mills has large engines, power plants on vehicles, and large scale electrical generating plants up and running on a commercial scale I might sit up and pay attention. This guy has been around for quite some time. There are folks who make a living at using other folks money for their "projects".

Kind of like Mr Moller and his "SkyCar".

If it sounds too good to be true....it usually is.

If such technology did exist the PTB could not let it come into common usage. Free energy would bankrupt them, no one would need EXXON, Shell or the local electric utility. If such technology does exist let’s hope the PTB do suppress it. If humanity had free energy we would cook the planet in short order. McMansions on top of Everest, everyone would have 300 ft power boats, and some idiot would pump the Persian Gulf into the Med to make a golf course.

In this case, “If it sounds too good ....it is.”

Humanity is not yet mature enough to handle such wealth!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Sun 22 Mar 2009, 18:53:47

For what its worth, here's the latest science paper reviewing Blacklight Power:

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/comment/reply/19440
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Sun 13 Sep 2009, 19:53:14

Interesting piece about the possibility on how blacklight power might work:

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/blog/720 ... 25072.html

On August 12th 2009 Rowan University announced validation of excess heat generated by off the shelf chemicals in a recipe provided by Black Light Power. Rowan had previously validated even greater energy gains in 2008 using hydrogenated Rayney nickel provided by Black Light Power but there was much speculation regarding the "preparation" of the supplied powder. In both cases the energy produced exceeded known chemistry and implies an unknown mechanism beyond chemical but less than nuclear. This subject of anomalous heat production regarding monatomic hydrogen and different catalysts has been a long standing mystery in the scientific community. From Irving Langmuir’s circa 1939 Nobel Prize work with Atomic Hydrogen to Ponds and Fleischman work in the 80's and more recent reports by Arata-Zhang, Energetics INC and SPAWARS. Trying to unravel this mystery has taken many paths, Cold Fusion, bubble fusion, LENR, cavitation and Casimir cavities to name a few. Much of the controversy has revolved around claims of a fractional quantum state where the orbital radius drops below the Bohr radius. I am proposing these so called fractional quantum states or hydrino states as defined by BLP are relativistic and can only be observed from outside the Casimir cavity. atoms inside the cavity remain unchanged relative to each other in the same manner that the model Twin Paradox of physics allows the twin approaching C or an event horizon to remain unchanged relataive to his own frame nothing happens.
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Mon 14 Sep 2009, 07:32:13

shortonoil wrote:If such technology did exist the PTB could not let it come into common usage.

With that line we have proof positive it doesn't work.
:lol:
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Esie » Thu 07 Oct 2010, 23:29:00

hello...""
pops, why it does'nt work?
can you please sent me some info....
about this site?
sorry, to ask but i am newbie her..!!!
thanks in advance,god bless....

regards,
Esie...
how to deal with depression
Esie
Wood
Wood

Unread postby RankineCycle » Tue 19 Oct 2010, 23:06:01

Every one of these "something from nothing" systems is a black box. I could never bring myself to invest money or otherwise support black boxes. But apparently people do, just taking the developer's word for it over the laws of thermodynamics. I would require a full, open demonstration of every part of the box before buying into a claim like that!
RankineCycle
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sun 07 Jan 2018, 13:57:41

Hey look what Shorty was pimping before he invented ETP!
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 07 Jan 2018, 20:41:56

Subjectivist wrote:Hey look what Shorty was pimping before he invented ETP!

Yep. Check this gem out:

Shortonoil wrote:Many things defy our science, we can ignore them because they don’t exist inside our held paradigms, but they are still there! Holding science with the same fervor as a religion is just plain “unscientific”!

I know something that defies science...

...ETP!

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby GHung » Sun 07 Jan 2018, 20:45:17

asg70 wrote:
Subjectivist wrote:Hey look what Shorty was pimping before he invented ETP!

Yep. Check this gem out:

Shortonoil wrote:Many things defy our science, we can ignore them because they don’t exist inside our held paradigms, but they are still there! Holding science with the same fervor as a religion is just plain “unscientific”!

I know something that defies science...

...ETP!

And your reason for bringing this to our attention is ????
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Energy Technology