Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Warming oceans, melting ice caps and a super volcano

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 15 Oct 2017, 15:05:07

Mother Earth we are sorry. Humans seem to be the most destructive species on the planet. Can we not help our destructive ways? Our carbon emitting habits prove that. We are destroying the only planet we can call home. This year’s hurricane season is proving itself to be one for the books. Ten consecutive storms have reached hurricane status in the Atlantic during the 2017 season. That hasn’t happened since 1893! Peep the size of Maria compared to PR Now hurricane Ophelia, which is the tenth hurricane to form in the Atlantic, is raising eyebrows as it heads towards Europe. Yes, Europe. Reindert Haarsma, a climate scientist at the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute, said in an interview with Newsweek, “A number of [tropical storms] reach Europe, but usually they are weak systems. That they reach Europe with this strength, near hurricane force, is quite unusual.” The storm won’t make ...

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate