Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Air pollution is a hoax: the new denier mantra

Air pollution is a hoax: the new denier mantra

Unread postby dissident » Sun 19 Mar 2017, 08:50:22

https://newrepublic.com/article/141260/ ... ate-denial

At last month’s Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), during a little-noticed panel on climate change and environmental regulation, air pollution denial was rampant and went unchallenged. Steve Milloy, formerly a paid flack for the tobacco and fossil fuel industries and member of Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency transition team, argued that excessive air pollution is not linked to premature death. “My particular interest is air pollution,” Milloy said, alleging that EPA’s scientists are inherently biased. “These people validate and rubber-stamp the EPA’s conclusion that air pollution kills people.” Milloy also said, baselessly, that EPA scientists are “paying for the science it wants,” and that Trump must change the research process at the agency.

The same scam by the same flacks. I guess all the true believers on this forum will quickly goose-step in tune to this new lie.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Re: Air pollution is a hoax: the new denier mantra

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 19 Mar 2017, 10:19:59

dissident wrote:https://newrepublic.com/article/141260/air-pollution-denial-new-climate-denial

At last month’s Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), during a little-noticed panel on climate change and environmental regulation, air pollution denial was rampant and went unchallenged. Steve Milloy, formerly a paid flack for the tobacco and fossil fuel industries and member of Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency transition team, argued that excessive air pollution is not linked to premature death. “My particular interest is air pollution,” Milloy said, alleging that EPA’s scientists are inherently biased. “These people validate and rubber-stamp the EPA’s conclusion that air pollution kills people.” Milloy also said, baselessly, that EPA scientists are “paying for the science it wants,” and that Trump must change the research process at the agency.

The same scam by the same flacks. I guess all the true believers on this forum will quickly goose-step in tune to this new lie.

You seriously want to defend the EPAs credibility when it comes to ANY decision making? Like, you know, protecting water supplies?

Hey! But the EPA will make good after polluting wonderful Rocky Mountain watersheds, right? Of course not!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /96555846/

You want to buy into their "science"? Maybe you weren't around when their "science" near Pavillion was laughed out of the geologic community, but I was.

Let them enforce rules on keeping water and air clean, and stop contributing to the pollution, coverup and unaccountability of one, and thank GOODNESS similar incompetence on the other was stopped in time by Trump.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/0303 ... ate-change
AdamB
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Air pollution is a hoax: the new denier mantra

Unread postby dissident » Sun 19 Mar 2017, 10:26:24

You seriously expect me to take you seriously when you attribute aerosol science to the EPA? That is so utterly clueless that it is hard to imagine the level of ignorance. The EPA is literally a collection of lawyers that does zero science. Yet all you drones think that science emanates from the EPA. Even NOAA and NASA are limited in their science impact since the research is primarily done at universities and institutes by independent researchers.

You really should put the blame on the NSF for all the science you hate so much.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Return to Environment