Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

One billion ‘invisible people’ miss out on basics

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

One billion ‘invisible people’ miss out on basics

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 16:34:36

(FILES) This file photo taken on September 24, 2016 shows children from the Suri tribe posing in Ethiopia's southern Omo Valley region near Kibbish. More than 1.1 billion people worldwide officially don't exist -- going about their daily lives without proof of identity. The issue leaves a significant fraction of the global population deprived of health and education services, international organizations lament. Among these "invisible people" -- many of whom live primarily in Africa and Asia -- more than one-third are children susceptible to violence whose births have not been registered, the World Bank's "Identification for Development" (ID4D) program recently warned. / AFP PHOTO / CARL DE SOUZA More than 1.1 billion people worldwide officially do not exist - going about their daily lives without proof of identity. The issue leaves a significant fraction of the global population deprived of health and

One billion invisible people..
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: One billion ‘invisible people’ miss out on basics

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 20:27:19

Oh please! These people live off the UN grid and don't seem to be clamoring for bureaucratic oversight of their lives from cradle to grave. Let them live in peace!
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Economics & Finance