Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Here Is The IMF’s Global Financial Crash Scenario

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Here Is The IMF’s Global Financial Crash Scenario

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 10:12:49

Hidden almost all the way in the end of the first chapter of the IMF's latest Financial Stability Report, is a surprisingly candid discussion on the topic of whether "Rising Medium-Term Vulnerabilities Could Derail the Global Recovery", which is a politically correct way of saying is the financial system on the verge of crashing. In the section also called "Global Financial Dislocation Scenario" because "crash" sounds just a little too pedestrian, the IMF uses a DSGE model to project the current global financial sitution, and ominously admits that "concerns about a continuing buildup in debt loads and overstretched asset valuations could have global economic repercussions" and - in modeling out the next crash, pardon "dislocation" - the IMF conducts a "scenario analysis" to illustrate how a repricing of risks could "lead to a rise in credit spreads and a fall in

IMF's global financial crash scenario
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Here Is The IMF’s Global Financial Crash Scenario

Unread postby dolanbaker » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:15:31

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Here Is The IMF’s Global Financial Crash Scenario

Unread postby dolanbaker » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:55:41

both!
but mainly the site, but with a few rule changes, it can be resolved, just like the global economy.
when the shíte hits the fan, change the rules to bury the problem and save the guilty.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Economics & Finance