Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

hello

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: hello

Unread postby juancax » Thu 07 Dec 2017, 09:54:53

Hello everyone!!
I'm new in the forum :razz:
juancax
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:23:45

juancax wrote:Hello everyone!!
I'm new in the forum :razz:

Greetings! Pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself!
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 12 Dec 2017, 21:22:53

Yes, welcome aboard.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby gunadeepkumar » Tue 10 Sep 2019, 06:00:58

I am a Telecommunications engineer. Telecom Engineering is probably one of those fields that witnessed rapid advancement in recent years. It comes as no surprise that it is among the most pursued careers today.
gunadeepkumar
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 03 Oct 2019, 09:24:13

gunadeepkumar wrote:I am a Telecommunications engineer. Telecom Engineering is probably one of those fields that witnessed rapid advancement in recent years. It comes as no surprise that it is among the most pursued careers today.

Welcome aboard!
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby mareczek » Wed 22 Sep 2021, 00:56:23

Great post
mareczek
Wood
Wood

Unread postby naina » Thu 14 Apr 2022, 10:39:00

thanks for info
naina
Wood
Wood

Unread postby TireFire » Thu 23 Mar 2023, 14:34:16

Whoa!
Just came back to this forum after... you know... a few years.
Can't believe how dead it is... has peakoil hit home yet?
TireFire
Peat
Peat

Unread postby jato0072 » Thu 23 Mar 2023, 15:16:31

Judging from everyone around me In the Real World, I think everyone is on Twitter and Instagram these days.

Also, solar panels and windmills are going to power everything soon, just ask Gavin Newsome and the World Economic Forum. /sarcasm
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 23 Mar 2023, 16:12:56

TireFire wrote:Whoa!
Just came back to this forum after... you know... a few years.
Can't believe how dead it is... has peakoil hit home yet?

Yup, peak oil finally showed up in 2018 and as expected..no one has noticed.

As far as activity, old farts who probably aren't as prolific on the more modern social media platforms are mostly all that is left.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby TireFire » Mon 27 Mar 2023, 15:11:43

Sooo.... PeakOil finally happened 5 years ago... and everything is still going and no one noticed or sees a difference?
Wasn't this supposed to end the world or something?

How silly some of you must feel at this point. There is a difference between 'predicting' the end of the world, and just 'hoping' for the end of the world ya know.

Maybe the forum is so dead because people figured out that people posting here were just a bunch of losers?
TireFire
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 28 Mar 2023, 10:02:37

TireFire wrote:Sooo.... PeakOil finally happened 5 years ago... and everything is still going and no one noticed or sees a difference?
Wasn't this supposed to end the world or something?

Something like that. How is fuel in your neck of the woods? Are you still able to buy it by the gallon, tank, or have it delivered to your farm in a tanker truck? That's pretty much how it is most places. Some folks claim to see the 2018 peak oil in their tea leaves, but they mostly started saying that only after the war in Europe started, and Russia got punished for being, you know, Russia.

TireFire wrote:How silly some of you must feel at this point.

Not really. The half witted and slow who fell for every peak oil ever claimed wandered away when it became obvious their religious belief wasn't enough to make peak oil happen, and they had no sense of humor to withstand the resulting ribbing about how oil-ignorant they obviously were.

TireFire wrote: There is a difference between 'predicting' the end of the world, and just 'hoping' for the end of the world ya know.

Well sure, but the people who dared even point something out that benign way back when were generally banned and their pre-cognitive abilities denigrated. After all, if you aren't part of the faithful, you can't be allowed into the church lest your critical thinking skills infect others.

TireFire wrote:Maybe the forum is so dead because people figured out that people posting here were just a bunch of losers?

More like the social media world took off in other places. Some of the more ignorant peak oilers landed on the Facebook page of the same name, they also ban and denigrate folks who show up and ask questions or make statements similar to yours. The diehard Church Of Peak members just love an echo chamber. This place has actually mellowed as the nutters fled for better controlled echo chambers, I find the forum setup more comfortable than what you are forced into in the new systems, plus you can find quite a few OG peak oilers here. Many of us in fact.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby grymsfing » Fri 14 Apr 2023, 03:51:29

hi everyone! I'm new here! I can say that social networks and platforms are not always convenient for discussing narrowly focused issues. Too much information garbage, it's distracting
grymsfing
Wood
Wood

Return to Welcome