Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

2017 sets new oil supply record

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

2017 sets new oil supply record

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 20:33:15

I'm back for my annual visit, like I've been doing every year since 2008.
Yes its that time of the year again.
the IEA oil market report is out and public, and for the 9th year running, yearly oil supply has set a new all time record.

https://www.iea.org/media/omrreports/ta ... -02-13.pdf

Previous all time record set in 2016 : 97MB/d average
New all time record set in 2017 : 97.4MB/d average

I've been saying for years there's no peak to oil supply. You never listen. Oil is abiotic and the Earth produces it faster than we will ever consume it. rocdoc123 aka david middleton was wrong and i'm right.
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Re: 2017 sets new oil supply record

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 21:11:25

peaky - Howdy bro! Glad to see another abiotic believer amongst all these "atheists." LOL. For the last 40 years I've been locating accumulations of this abiotic oil. But my current problem: while accumulations of tens of billions of abiotic oil have been discovered and depleted I'm having a very difficult time finding where currently generating abiotic oil is accumulating. Can you give me some leads? Thanks in advanced.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Wed 28 Feb 2018, 21:38:34

Hi rock u stoic veteran of oil and this forum,
ask RGR. why do reserves keep growing? He didn't know and couldn't say other than estimators were terribly prone to underestimating. This may be right but oil reserves grow, gradually, cos mantle hydrocarbon is upwelling to them. note gradually. its easy to deplete any one well, but you can't always exhaust them, cos some are being re-supplied by the mantle.

The truth looks like few wells will regen at more than a few dozen barrels a day, while humans want 6 figure+ barrel output. No well will regen at that rate. But sum over the whole surface of Earth, yes, the regen rate is higher than the human consumption rate. The practical outcome of this is that they'll always be good wells to drill. but every well will deplete with time.
Having said that, the saudi wells are still perfoming excellent considering how old they are. Ghwar and Abqaiq still good? Maybe they are regenerating at many thousands barrels a day.
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 04:06:10

peakoilwhen wrote:Hi rock u stoic veteran of oil and this forum,
ask RGR. why do reserves keep growing?

Reserves keep growing due to improving technology over time.

Abiotic oil? LOL, until mainstream scientific evidence confirms it.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby EdwinSm » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 05:08:18

I think you are wrong Peakoilwhen. Saudi Arabia has been pumping oil furiously and their reserves have stayed the same....they have been audited and the auditors say the figures are correct.

So they must have enough oil 'bubbling up from the mantle' to replace the high rate of pumping. :roll: :wink:
EdwinSm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 05:24:25

>Abiotic oil? LOL, until mainstream scientific evidence confirms it.
It has done. Read thomas gold's the deep hot biosphere, published years ago. Or more recently there's

origeminorganicadopetroleo.blogspot.co.uk/
unconventionalgeology.blogspot.co.uk/
industry standard blogs packed with info on abiotic theory and practice

then there's prouty's interview where he describes why and how the oil authorities made the fossil fuel myth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu_R3gp84TY

the salesmen who run the oil industry are invested in their fossil fuel myth. if u aren't going to think for yourself, and instead go on their word, then you're stuck with the fossil myth till your last breath.
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dolph » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 05:40:43

Abiotic oil simply doesn't pass the smell test and never did.

Now, this is not to say I'm not open to different views. I've criticized the peak oil "prepper" people once I realized things weren't going to collapse right away. They've been wrong for ten years and yet you will still see them pop up on doomer blogs in a desperate attempt to give their lives some meaning, because they can't admit the correct course of action is just to live life as normal and enjoy what civilization has to offer.

Rather, what we face is sort of a slow, catabolic decline, punctuated by periods of crisis here and there. You see, this would be true regardless of what happens with oil, because it turns out we are nearing peak everything. The world system is running out of steam, and everybody is desperately trying to keep it going.
dolph
Permanently Banned

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 06:32:58

I don't care about the smell test.

Rather, what we face is sort of a slow, catabolic decline
Heard that shit a thousand times. And every time its wrong. Excuse me, do you see the thread title? See it? Read it? Accept it? Take it in? let it intermingle with your ideas and beliefs? Note any contradictions with your belief that peak was in 20xx?
Even the internet era of peak oil doom is old now. For people who were here at the start this site, we watched the crowd of plebs work themselves into hysteria after hysteria after hysteria over peak everything around 2005. Because they enjoy it and wanted doom to be true, not for any logical appraisal of oil reserves. The newness of internet gave doom a new lease of life, and everyone willingly mistook this newness to be due to peak oil " this time its for real!! " mentality , not deterred by the fact that peak had been called wrong for decades.
And they were wrong, again. But peak doom fever has an irresistible ability to ignore its 100% failure rate past, the belief that oil is finite trumps any evidence from the Earth and oil industry, or indeed other worlds where hydrocarbon is found in vast quantities ( see Titan's worldwide seas of LPG hydrocarbon) can tell us.
Revel in your nonsense for now. I'll be back here every year to post the IEA report showing year on year new supply records, defying every prediction by doomers and even industry pros who are committed to the fossil fuel myth, such as rockdoc123 a pro as good as any, who made a failed prediction that peak would occur in 2013-2015. Any pleb armed with abiotic oil regen knowledge will beat the best oil pro in the industry every time wrt peak oil prediction : there will be no geo-peak. The Earth produces it faster than we drink it. There's more oil in the ground now than at anytime in history, and tomorrow there will be even more.
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Unread postby GHung » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:42:17

peakoilwhen wrote:I don't care about the smell test.

Rather, what we face is sort of a slow, catabolic decline
Heard that shit a thousand times. And every time its wrong. Excuse me, do you see the thread title? See it? Read it? Accept it? Take it in? let it intermingle with your ideas and beliefs? Note any contradictions with your belief that peak was in 20xx?..... blah, blah, blah

Did your ultra-narrow world view filter out the rest of his statement? Look at it again:

"Rather, what we face is sort of a slow, catabolic decline, punctuated by periods of crisis here and there. You see, this would be true regardless of what happens with oil, because it turns out we are nearing peak everything. The world system is running out of steam, and everybody is desperately trying to keep it going."

Exposing your peak assholiness? Too oil-obsessed to acknowledge that oil is just an enabler in the exploitation of a planet that is slowly being converted by human activity into a system that won't be conducive to growth, nor able to support the exploits of 7.5+ billion humans?

....I'll be back here every year to post the IEA report showing year on year new supply records, defying every prediction by doomers and even industry pros who are committed to the fossil fuel myth, such as rockdoc123 a pro as good as any, who made a failed prediction that peak would occur in 2013-2015.

Nobody, including Reality, gives a shit. Your oil-worship says all we need to know. You have no Plan B, nor the the courage to admit that the future will be very different than the one your personal narrative insists must come true.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:44:12

post1348436.html#p1348436

here's last years thread btw, before rockdoc put me on ignore. I had an argument with him where he resorts to insults
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:57:28

you've being too presuming ghung. don't jump to conclusions just cos i focus on oil. This is, after all, an oil site dedicated to peak oil discussion, did it enter your head at any point in your rant?

Of course i red
>we are nearing peak everything.

and immediately dismissed it for what it is. Bulshit.
Peak everything? EVERYTHING? space? time? planets? iron56? bees? butterflys? CO2? bannanas? books?
You might want to believe utter crap like this, but most humans would laugh at the idea.

Now if we take much more narrow case of mineral resources, then the answer is, no peaks there either. Many elements exist far beyound what humans could comsume even in a billion years. And the ones that are relatively scarce, well just as the Earth's mantle produces oil, it also dumps new minerals to the surface, faster than we currently consume them. There's more gold in the Earth's crust today that ever before, cos the Earth puts it in the crust faster than we extract it. This is the case for nearly all elements. There may be an element that is extremely rare and extremely slowly produced by the mantle such that humans could extract it faster than the Earth supplies it. But such a mineral would doubtful ever become vital to our economy, also no-one here has pointed to it.
So all in all, the assertion
>we are nearing peak everything.
is utter bulshit. and u know it.
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:23:02

GHung wrote:Exposing your peak assholiness?

So much for your plea for civility...

Ya know, if you want to snipe at other posters, fine. Just don't pretend to be holier than thou.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby GHung » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 13:13:25

asg70 wrote:
GHung wrote:Exposing your peak assholiness?

So much for your plea for civility...

Ya know, if you want to snipe at other posters, fine. Just don't pretend to be holier than thou.

Hook. Line. Sinker. And no silly gifs.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 13:32:52

Peaky – “The truth looks like few wells will regen at more than a few dozen barrels a day”. Hmm, that confuses me a tad. I don’t have numbers for the entire world but the US should works as a comparison. The avg. US well does less the 20 bopd. Which means of the 300,000+ oil wells are making less then 20 bopd. In fact many making less then 10 bopd. So how can wells be recharging at any meaningful amount. Also a bit confused: I’ve seen records of many thousands of wells (in fact entire fields) that were plugged and abandoned when making just 2 or 3 bopd. Why did those reservoirs not recharge?

But you also seem to imply that only reservoirs that are being produced are being recharged. I’m much more interested in finding reserves that have accumulated oil recently. If more than 30 billion bbl of oil are migrating up from the mantle every year should we see at least some new reservoirs develop in real time?
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 13:40:04

Meanwhile the worthless junk currency called the US dollar is back to being in free fall again along with the stock of General Electric.

I guess those sweet spots in the Shale Scam have now been discounted.

Aint nothing but the Abyss now.

Got squirrel brains in the freezer?
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby tita » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 13:48:24

"And the ones that are relatively scarce, well just as the Earth's mantle produces oil, it also dumps new minerals to the surface, faster than we currently consume them."

Yeah sure, and Santa Claus bring gifts to children and faeries live among us.

Some even believe that earth is flat!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe ... 31d68c2990
tita
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 14:39:42

peakoilwhen wrote:>Abiotic oil? LOL, until mainstream scientific evidence confirms it.
It has done. Read thomas gold's the deep hot biosphere, published years ago. Or more recently there's

then there's prouty's interview where he describes why and how the oil authorities made the fossil fuel myth

the salesmen who run the oil industry are invested in their fossil fuel myth. if u aren't going to think for yourself, and instead go on their word, then you're stuck with the fossil myth till your last breath.

So, you don't understand the concept of MAINSTREAM science?

Hint: Random blogs purporting to prove extreme theories, whether abiotic oil or a flat earth or 911 "Truth") aren't even remotely mainstream.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 14:54:27

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
peakoilwhen wrote:>Abiotic oil? LOL, until mainstream scientific evidence confirms it.

So, you don't understand the concept of MAINSTREAM science?

Hint: Random blogs purporting to prove extreme theories, whether abiotic oil or a flat earth or 911 "Truth") aren't even remotely mainstream.

MAINSTREAM science is BANKRUPT.

All those worthless bums have left is the Climate Change Hoax.

MAINSTREAM: "Did you own a truck in the past?"..Yes..."Guilty as charged. Crimes against the earth. Hand over your possessions you useless eater you"

Windmill scam didn't work.

Shale Scam didn't work.

Siemens and GE are in total free fall along with the worthless junk currency.

Its over people.

Start hunting squirrel meat.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 15:04:06

COLLAPSE UPDATE: GE stock has just gone below $14. It was over 15 just 5 days ago. It has dropped from 30 to 14 in one year.

It could be $0 by the end of year.

Siemens is tanking way harder, down 2% today.

COLLAPSE oF THE US DOLLAR IS ONLY 6 Months away.

Better turn that shit rock into shinola in a BFh.

Otherwise COAL > OIL....Duh.

Usher in the trains and the death camps.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Thu 01 Mar 2018, 15:27:20

@rockman

the poor recharge rate of US wells make sense to me.
a.) a reservoir doesn't always have a good connection to the mantle. The routes of upwelling hc's chop and change similar to a river over geologic time.
It may be that many US wells simply don't have any connection to the mantle anymore.

b.) biotic oil genesis theory suggests that oil isn't found very deep. So US wells aren't deep. Abiotic oil suggests there is oil much deeper
But not sure if there's big reserves down there. We are just talking about tapping the steady mantle recharge rate oil of a few barrels a day.

You should take time to read and immerse yourself in those 2 abiotic blogs I've linked. I learnt a lot from them, and they'll give u a much better idea where to drill than i can. They are well referenced too, you'll be in the network of abiotic oil geologists if u properly study them.
Which rock types and which formations are best? I dunno except to say u don't have to stick rigidly to 'sedimentary' basins, and shallow depths. My interest in it didn't go far beyound that. I went just far enough to understand oil wasn't going to run out and that the mantle produces it.
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Next

Return to Peak Oil Discussion