Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Running Out Of Resources

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Running Out Of Resources

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 04 Nov 2017, 19:18:07

The idea of an 'industrial economy' is an extremely recent human invention. And we’ve staked quite a lot on its continuation. But it faces a massive predicament: It’s running out of resources. When talking about the “economy”, we're really referring to the flow of goods and services --- which are themselves entirely dependent on energy. No energy = no goods and services = no economy. It’s really that simple. So to track where we are in this story, put on your ‘energy goggles’. If you do, you can discover quite a lot. Examples of our increasing use of energy to extract primary resources are all around you, if you know where to look. Most folks, though, willfully distract, if not delude, themselves with faith in our technological triumphs, so they remain blind to the evidence -- even when it's right in front of their faces. On

Running Out Of Room
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Running Out Of Resources

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 23 Sep 2019, 13:56:42

Walpoptiluple wrote:To me have advised a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Return to Peak Oil Discussion