Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Oil: This Time It’s Different

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Oil: This Time It’s Different

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 16:36:23

Summary In this piece, I decided to tackle some recent oil-related data that shows a continued recovery in the market. Prices aren't responding, but the underlying data suggests the recovery in the market now is real. I anticipate further improvements moving forward that will prove bullish for oil investors. Another week, another set of mostly good news for oil investors. Even though market participants right now appear to be mostly bearish or, at best, neutral regarding oil, bullish data continues to hit us on an almost weekly basis. In what follows, I will dig into some of these numbers and give my thoughts on why, right now, we could probably justify higher energy prices than what we are currently seeing. Inventories took a tumble *Created by Author In my mind, the single most important thing right now for the oil market is what inventories stand at. ...

Oil: This time it's different
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Oil: This Time It’s Different

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 20:34:14

Gee, if I had a buck for every time I read the words stated or paraphrased that mean "this time is different" I could have retired decades ago!

What is it that makes people grasp onto this cliched way of talking? Especially when out of the last hundred times I haves read it the author was wrong all one hundred times?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Peak Oil Discussion