Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Utilities are BANKRUPT and nobody cares

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

The Utilities are BANKRUPT and nobody cares

Unread postby StarvingLion » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 15:22:42

The apathy is simply mind boggling. Even my doomer pals at Reddit in the COLLAPSE subreddit banned me simply because they cannot believe that,

THE ELECTRICITY IS ABOUT TO BE TURNED OFF

because the reality is the "consumer" electricity bill does not even come close to paying the costs the now bankrupt utility is forced to endure. Imagine, the price of electricity going up 5x and the utility still not financially viable. Thats the situation. The real cost of electricity is at least $1000US a month for most medium sized homes.

Imagine that reality occurring suddenly? Every city/country will be turned into Stalingrad in about 1 week. Which one will be first causing a worldwide panic? It won't take 5 years. I bet 15 months and total PANIC.

Scotland has gone 100% "Renewable" which means they must be the most stupid people on earth. In Britain, where Capital is in Firm Control LOL LOL, they cannot even afford to burn coal, relying almost entirely on wood. And nobody cares. History Major Idiots "leading" the way, god its just incredible the mass stupidity and fraud. Capital, being nothing more than a bunch of Nicky Santoro's shaking down the place, on a massive looting spree...AGAIN NOBODY CARES. The "market" prices are a complete fabrication, TOTAL fraud.

The Physicists are completely BRAINDEAD living in a dreamworld of the mighty solar cell or just ignoring and pretending there is not an energy and financial problem at all. They don't even know what to work on, just a bunch of lost puppies looking for a new home in the financial sector.

The Nuclear "industry" aka Subsidy Dumpster cannot even come up with a single functional design. Not a single nuclear worshipper will admit that "all the existing and proposed designs are complete junk" and time has run out.

THERE WILL SOON BE A MASS PANIC BY EVERYONE TO GO FRACKING NO MATTER WHAT THE FAKE PRICE OF GAS/OIL. ALL THE BULLSHIT OF "TECHNOLOGICAL PROGRESS" AND "ENVIRONMENTALISM" WILL THEN EVAPORATE. THE UNIVERSITIES WILL BE SHUT DOWN.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Re: The Utilities are BANKRUPT and nobody cares

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 15:53:11

Wow SL you need to take a chill pill and relax. I don't know where you are getting your ideas from, but it isn't from physics or any other type of science endeavor.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 16:58:34

My electric bills rarely go over $150/month and have never exceeded $170. I see no panic in my utility company about this nor do I see any big push to raise rates. As far as I know, utility companies still turn profits in the USA.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 18:06:18

StarvingLion wrote:The apathy is simply mind boggling. Even my doomer pals at Reddit in the COLLAPSE subreddit banned me simply because they cannot believe that,

THE ELECTRICITY IS ABOUT TO BE TURNED OFF

Or they banned you because you constantly post uncited nonsense that has nary a thing to do with objective reality.

Ranting and raving doesn't change objective data, BTW.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 18:18:37

I only see a meaningful case in SL's point in link one you provide. And that somehow assumes that what happens in Brittian reflects the whole world,which of course, is nonsense.

So aside from some cherry picking, do you have an actual point?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby dolanbaker » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 18:31:58

Perhaps so, but he's called the winner after they've jumped the first fence, a lot can happen to avoid such a situation.
Or not if they completely ignore the warning signs!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Simon_R » Fri 11 Mar 2016, 05:27:25

The first and third article are simply to do with the uk not replacing old coal stations with newer CCGT jobs. This is not a world wide phenomenon, simply lack of foresight.

The second is a follow on from the AREVA debacle and the fact that france has a bunch of uneconomical Nukes.

nothing to see, unless you want us all to do the star trek panic, which is always an option.

interestingly, in the case of the UK their lack of planning is once again the fault of those pesky kids Europeans, as until recently everyone thought that coal was clean .... oops no they didn't. Its been on the cards for years.
Simon_R
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sat 12 Mar 2016, 21:13:09

My wife and I received a cut-off notice for our natural gas and electricity in Mid-January. (The utility provides both) We argued with them, and they finally gave in and accepted a payment of $150.00 WEEKLY to maintain service.

I get paid one week and my wife the next, so every week for the last 2 months we've been paying $150 each week. It's killing us financially. We won't have it paid off till sometime in April.

It's the 'rob Peter to pay Paul' situation. We haven't paid the water or phone bills in over two months so disconnection notices are expected for those sometime soon as well.

It shows how difficult it is to make it these days. If a middle aged, two income family are struggling to pay the bills, and live only with necessities, then how is it for the younger generations coming up? (Looks ugly).
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Peak Oil Discussion