Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

If You're Not Listening to Chris Martenson...

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: If You're Not Listening to Chris Martenson...

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 27 Dec 2022, 05:35:57

You should try paying your property taxes or buying a tank full of gas with your gold or silver. That will not be as easy as you assume it to be.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 27 Dec 2022, 05:39:30

vtsnowedin wrote:You should try paying your property taxes or buying a tank full of gas with your gold or silver. That will not be as easy as you assume it to be.

When basic commodities aren't fungible, we all have far bigger problems, real world, like not starving to death, freezing to death, etc.

Meanwhile in the real world, if I decide to sell an appreciated asset for cash, and then use the cash to pay various bills, that's something I've been doing now and again for 40ish years now.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 27 Dec 2022, 12:57:44

vtsnowedin wrote:You should try paying your property taxes or buying a tank full of gas with your gold or silver. That will not be as easy as you assume it to be.

Please don't apply completely logical thought to precious metal enthusiasts. Much like peak oilers, they have these quirks where all logic and common sense flee their brains while spinning their tales.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion