Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US, Russia and China Compete for energy?

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

US, Russia and China Compete for energy?

Unread postby pablonite » Tue 22 Dec 2009, 16:10:15

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=16555
http://www.oilprice.com/

Competition for energy assets will probably not lead to open conflict but rather to increasing political tension, predicted Africa expert Pham. Leading African organizations, Europe and the United States never recognized Guinea ’s military coup last year, which led to a subsequent massacre of opposition members. Yet China signed a deal with the military junta, risking a perception as a “rogue operator in the single-minded pursuit of resources,” he warned.

Although Russia and China, meanwhile, have both benefited from joint oil and gas investments, making conflict doubtful in the forseeable future, “10, 20 years down the road, who knows,” Montalbano added.

Does anyone forsee real tensions between China, Russia and the US in the forseeable future or is it all part of the big show?
I am really starting to question the general theme of what the history books are writing about "the cold war".

I find these articles almost completely ignore the reality of what is happening, collaboration at the highest levels of the countries respective oligarchies particularly in the economic areas, like the central banking debt based monetary model.

I suppose anything can happen though, bankers have financed big wars before.
pablonite
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: US, Russia and China Compete for energy?

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 13 Feb 2010, 17:04:11

I believe there is already considerable tension between the USA and PRC, mostly having to do with lending and marketing of products. Once the effects of PO are felt I believe it will get a LOT worse.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics