Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US holds 'secret' talks with Houthis in Oman

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

US holds 'secret' talks with Houthis in Oman

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Tue 02 Jun 2015, 01:42:23

Officials from Yemen's Houthi insurgent group are said to be meeting with US representatives in Oman, in an apparent effort to resolve months of fighting that have ravaged the country.

“We have been informed that there are meetings, at American request, and that a private American plane carried the Houthis to Muscat,” Rajeh Badi, a spokesman for Yemen’s government in exile in Riyadh, told Reuters.

The rebels have driven out the Saudi- and US-backed government of Abdu Rabbo Mansour Hadi. The Houthis, a Shiite minority sect, had accused President Hadi of failing to implement power-sharing agreements he had promised when he took over from dictator Ali Abdullah Saleh in 2012.

The Yemeni government-in-exile said it was not part of the dialog; neither the US nor the Houthis commented on the talks.

link
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: US holds 'secret' talks with Houthis in Oman

Unread postby dissident » Tue 02 Jun 2015, 22:38:20

Never trust Uncle Sam, he will stab you in the back, always. Recall what Uncle Sam did to all those treaties he signed with the aboriginal peoples. And the betrayal did not stop for decades as more and more land was expropriated from them right into the 1960s and 70s.

Too bad the Houthis are rather isolated geographically. The US navy is imposing a blockade, in clear violation of international maritime law, while it bitches a China for "impeding the right to navigation" by piling some sand on reefs. At the same time the US client state, Saudi Arabia, has invaded Yemen. This is while the US and its media mouthpieces bitch about a non-existent Russian invasion of Ukraine. And, BTW, the US-installed Kiev regime is trying to use military force to repress the people of the Donbas whose rights where grossly abrogated by the US engineered coup. The same pattern around the world: a bullet to the head of anyone who dares oppose the spawn of Satan called Uncle Sam.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Re: US holds 'secret' talks with Houthis in Oman

Unread postby Revi » Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:23:16

We're just playing both ends against the middle. I'm pretty sure that as soon as the Saudi oil dries up we'll stop being so interested in them. I think we are negotiating with Iran as well, so the Houthis may play into that negotiation as well.

It's getting interesting. How will the end of the oil age play out? I think we are just a big player on the stage.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics