Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US a force for good and "Liberty"

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

US a force for good and "Liberty"

Unread postby toast » Wed 21 Jan 2009, 03:40:16

I'm just passing on some reassuring information. On this first day of a new President of the United States, word has it that yes the US can be a force for good in the world, though it was many years ago. The US didn't take the assault of the USS Liberty laying down, we sunk an Israeli sub! It's not that often I can say, I'm proud to be an American. Let me enjoy the moment!

link
toast
Peat
Peat

Re: US a force for good and "Liberty"

Unread postby kam3Oen » Wed 21 Jan 2009, 19:06:24

kam3Oen
Peat
Peat

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 13:51:32

under Bush, the US re-aligned its foreign policy to meet Israel's dictates. launched the War on/of Terror, a war on Muslims.

as Netanyahu said a few days after 9-11, "now all Americans are Israeli's".

to quote one of the 5 Israeli's found celebrating 9-11 on 9-11, "we are not your problem. the Palestinians are your problem". that incident occurred at a park in New Jersey, near the town of Bergen.

at this point, the United States is behaving like a colony of Israel, not the other way around. as i understand it, the Israeli's like it that way.

American troops to the East and West of Iran.

with friends like Israel, who needs enemies ?
http://www.LASIK-Flap.com/ ~ Health Warning about LASIK Eye Surgery
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby evgeny » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 15:42:04

toast wrote:I'm just passing on some reassuring information. On this first day of a new President of the United States, word has it that yes the US can be a force for good in the world, though it was many years ago. The US didn't take the assault of the USS Liberty laying down, we sunk an Israeli sub! It's not that often I can say, I'm proud to be an American. Let me enjoy the moment!

link

[flash width=400 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/v/__YFnUfYXZk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[Edited by TWilliam to embed video directly. Please refrain from embedding the entire page when posting videos. Doing so causes the video to play every time someone reloads the forum page. Use the Image or Image buttons instead to embed video. Thank you!]
evgeny
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Micki » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 17:34:24

kam3Oen wrote:Image

I've never noticed the AIPAC logo before. Star of David with US stars and soem banners or what looks like layers of the pyramid.
And for some reason that twisted bit on the left instantly brought my thoughts to the swastika, but I guess that could be paranoia.
Micki

Unread postby toast » Sun 25 Jan 2009, 03:14:31

Swastika is right, read for yourself what the Judeo-Nazi Ariel Sharon said in 1982.

“…You can call me anything you like. Call me a monster or a murderer. Call Israel by any name you like, call it a Judeo-Nazi state. Why not? Better a live Judeo-Nazi than a dead saint. I am not after the admiration of the gentiles. I don’t need their love. I don’t need to be loved by Jews either…”

“Even if you’ll prove to me that the present war in Lebanon is a dirty immoral war, I don’t care. Moreover, even if you will prove to me that we have not achieved and will not achieve any of our aims in Lebanon, that we will neither create a friendly regime in Lebanon nor destroy the Syrians or even the PLO, even then I don’t care. It was still worth it. And do you know why it is all worth it? Because it seems that this war has made us more unpopular among the so-called civilized world…”

“We’ll hear no more of that nonsense about that unique Jewish morality and all the bullshit talk about a unique people being a light upon nations. No more uniqueness and no more sweetness and light. Good riddance…I personally don’t want to be any better than Harry Truman who killed half a million Japanese with two fine bombs…”

“Tell me, do the baddies of this world have a bad time? They hunt and catch whatever they feel like eating. They don’t suffer from indigestion and are not punished by Heaven. I want Israel to join that club. Maybe the world will then at last begin to fear us instead of feeling sorry. Maybe they will start to tremble, to fear our madness instead of admiring our nobility. Let them tremble, let them call us a mad state. Let them understand that we are a wild country, dangerous to our surroundings, not normal, that we might go crazy, that we might go wild and burn all the oil fields in the Middle East, or that we might start World War Three just like that…”

“Let me tell you what is the most important thing, the sweetest fruit of the war in Lebanon: It is that now they don’t just hate Israel. Thanks to us, they now also hate all those Jews in Paris, London, New York, Frankfurt and Montreal, in all their holes, and I am telling you, it is a pleasure to watch. They are being identified with us and that’s a good thing…Their cemeteries are being desecrated, their synagogues are set on fire, all their old nicknames are being revived, they are being expelled from the best clubs, people shoot into their ethnic restaurants murdering small children, forcing them to remove any sign showing them to be Jews, forcing them to move and change their profession…”

“We are Judeo-Nazis, and why not? If your nice civilized parents had come here and had killed six million Arabs here or even one million, what would have happened? Sure, two or three nasty pages would have been written in the history books, we would have been called all sorts of names, but we could be here today as a people of 25 million…”

“Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for Israel, to kill as many Arabs as necessary, to deport them, to expel and burn them, to have everyone hate us, to pull the rug from underneath the feet of the Diaspora Jews, so that they will be forced to run to us crying. Even if it means blowing up one or two synagogues here and there, I don’t care. And I don’t mind if after the job is done you put me in front of a Nuremberg Trial and then jail me for life. What you don’t understand is that the dirty work of Zionism is not finished yet, far from it…”
toast
Peat
Peat

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Sun 25 Jan 2009, 13:16:46

toast wrote:Swastika is right, read for yourself what the Judeo-Nazi Ariel Sharon said in 1982.

“…You can call me anything you like. Call me a monster or a murderer. Call Israel by any name you like, call it a Judeo-Nazi state. Why not? Better a live Judeo-Nazi than a dead saint. I am not after the admiration of the gentiles. I don’t need their love. I don’t need to be loved by Jews either…”

“Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for Israel, to kill as many Arabs as necessary, to deport them, to expel and burn them, to have everyone hate us, to pull the rug from underneath the feet of the Diaspora Jews, so that they will be forced to run to us crying. Even if it means blowing up one or two synagogues here and there, I don’t care. And I don’t mind if after the job is done you put me in front of a Nuremberg Trial and then jail me for life. What you don’t understand is that the dirty work of Zionism is not finished yet, far from it…”

Source PLEASE !

that is a very informational quote, but i don't want to cite it until i can find the original speech.

in other words, i would like to find a reference for Sharon's statement that is not dispute-able.

thanks.
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby toast » Sun 25 Jan 2009, 21:03:41

pedalling_faster,
I got the quote near the bottom of this article.

link
toast
Peat
Peat

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Mon 26 Jan 2009, 09:45:20

toast wrote:pedalling_faster,
I got the quote near the bottom of this article.

link

it's a great essay, BUT if i were to present it as "Ariel Sharon's 1982 speech", with that link, it could be easily dismissed as "oh, just something you found on a blog."

i was hoping for a source in the Israeli government archives, NYTimes, WashPost, US national archives, etc.

i don't doubt that Sharon said the quote attributed to him. but if i re-post it, i want a source that is less subject to doubt.

anyway, thanks for printing it. it's a classic.
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby kam3Oen » Mon 26 Jan 2009, 13:42:25

i don't doubt that Sharon said the quote attributed to him. but if i re-post it, i want a source that is less subject to doubt.

If you don't doubt the quote, why not just use it. After all, lies and double standards are the jew haters' bread and butter.
kam3Oen
Peat
Peat

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Tue 27 Jan 2009, 12:56:15

toast wrote:“…You can call me anything you like. Call me a monster or a murderer. Call Israel by any name you like, call it a Judeo-Nazi state. Why not? Better a live Judeo-Nazi than a dead saint. I am not after the admiration of the gentiles. I don’t need their love. I don’t need to be loved by Jews either…”

so far, what i have been able to find out is that this statement comes from an interview by Amos Oz, published in an Israeli newspaper. he had a habit of referring to his interviewees using letters, when protecting their anonymity.

http://www.islamicparty.com/commonsense/33sharon.htm

the excerpt has since been expunged from the internet, not surprisingly.

the best indication is that this statement was made by a commander in the IDF, possibly Ariel Sharon. Amos Oz would know for sure.

Amoz Oz is a professor in the Department of Hebrew Literature at Ben Gurion University. Born May 4, 1939, so he's coming up on his 70th birthday.
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby CrudeAwakening » Tue 27 Jan 2009, 15:27:51

There's some dispute as to whether that is a genuine Sharon quote, and it seems that Amos Oz admits it wasn't:
When the interview first appeared after the invasion of Lebanon, “Z” was widely assumed to be Sharon because the interviewee was described as a military man “with a certain history,” about 50 years of age, heavyset and a prosperous farmer. All this fit the stocky Sharon, who had a farm, was the right age and certainly had “a history.”

Sharon had lost his job as defense minister after being held indirectly responsible for a massacre of Palestinian refugees by Israel’s Lebanese Phalange allies in Beirut. The military man interviewed by Oz justified the invasion of Lebanon, dismissed the massacre of Palestinians as one of the harsh realities of war — “how can you call 500 Arabs a massacre?” — and spoke contemptuously of Israeli pacifists as those with “soft and delicate hands.”

Oz never revealed who “Z” was, saying he had promised to protect his identity. He held to that promise when I telephoned him Monday, but confirmed that it was not Sharon. “I have never met or interviewed Sharon,” Oz said. The Middle East is full of mythology. History is rewritten to promote the viewpoints of Israelis or Palestinians and both sides in the conflict suffer from selective recall when it suits their purpose.

Link
"Who knows what the Second Law of Thermodynamics will be like in a hundred years?" - Economist speaking during planning for World Population Conference in early 1970s
CrudeAwakening
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 28 Jan 2009, 01:21:58

kam3Oen wrote:If you don't doubt the quote, why not just use it. After all, lies and double standards are the jew haters' bread and butter.
Lies and double standards are the jews bread and butter.

Didn't you guys tell us that the Palestinians left their homeland "voluntarily" and gave you their property for free?
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Wed 28 Jan 2009, 09:44:22

Keith_McClary wrote:
kam3Oen wrote:If you don't doubt the quote, why not just use it. After all, lies and double standards are the jew haters' bread and butter.
Lies and double standards are the jews bread and butter.

Lies and double standards are Israeli-supporters bread & butter.

don't lump Jewish people in with Israeli-supporters that deny what is reported at websites like this, a simple though massive (2 GB) recording of the Palestinians' "Al Nakba" (Holocaust).

http://www.palestineremembered.com/

there is no need for hyperbole. we all hear about Hamas attacks on Israel, the Western media is reliable about reporting those. if we probe, we can find out about Israeli attacks on Palestinians.

what strikes me is that Sharon & the anonymous IDF commander responsible for the quote above, are still fighting "the last war". they're acting in response to the Holocaust.

but their response is to create a huge number of Muslim enemies. moving into a neighborhood and then killing all your neighbors & stealing their land is not a great way to start a community - and that's what Israel has done & is doing.
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Fri 30 Jan 2009, 00:41:12

pedalling_faster wrote:don't lump Jewish people in with Israeli-supporters that deny what is reported at websites like this, a simple though massive (2 GB) recording of the Palestinians' "Al Nakba" (Holocaust).

http://www.palestineremembered.com/

I "lump Jewish people in with Israeli-supporters" to see if any will disassociate themselves from the ZioNazis, but none have, so far.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby toast » Fri 30 Jan 2009, 03:47:25

There are some deserters in the Israeli army who refuse to serve or partake in the Palestinian slaughter. And Israel has come down hard on Israeli street dissenters.
December 14, 2008, a date that will live in infamy, Muntathar al-Zaidi throws his tasselled loafers at Bush and yells those now immortal words “This is a farewell kiss from the Iraqi people, you dog!”
toast
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 30 Jan 2009, 06:11:00

pedalling_faster wrote:
don't lump Jewish people in with Israeli-supporters...

The only Jewish people who aren't Israeli-supporters are some weird judaic sectants from Poland/Ukraine. The rest ARE Israeli-supporters. Those Jews who aren't are simply not Jewish enough, they are cast-aways and hidden anti-semits. A Jew/s can do no wrong to a Goyim/s by definition. Its just not possible. It is written.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby uNkNowN ElEmEnt » Fri 30 Jan 2009, 06:53:11

Pretorian wrote:
pedalling_faster wrote:

The only Jewish people who aren't Israeli-supporters are some weird judaic sectants from Poland/Ukraine. The rest ARE Israeli-supporters. Those Jews who aren't are simply not Jewish enough, they are cast-aways and hidden anti-semits. A Jew/s can do no wrong to a Goyim/s by definition. Its just not possible. It is written.

And as a jew you can say this for sure? you can speak for all jewish people then?

I "lump Jewish people in with Israeli-supporters" to see if any will disassociate themselves from the ZioNazis, but none have, so far.

Oh, so every time one of you goes off at the mouth we are supposed to jump right in and declare ourselves? CAn't you at least pm us so we know you are about to throw something like that at us? I mean, its not as if we have more important things to do than react everytime some one else throws slanderous crap at us? sheesh.
uNkNowN ElEmEnt
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Fri 30 Jan 2009, 07:23:18

uNkNowN ElEmEnt wrote:Oh, so every time one of you goes off at the mouth we are supposed to jump right in and declare ourselves? CAn't you at least pm us so we know you are about to throw something like that at us? I mean, its not as if we have more important things to do than react everytime some one else throws slanderous crap at us? sheesh.

It is at these times I am greatful for being an Agnostic Theist. The history of all those other religions out there is a big Ponzi scheme. You re SOL if you buy into this too late in the game and you get held accountable for all the past trasgressions of your spiritual compatriots. Not so the Agnostic Theists! There is some history there, but so marginalized as to not even be worth a Crusade or Intifada.

The Jews, the Christians, the Muslims, the Hindus and the Buddhists are all sucked under by the weight of their own history. Thank GOD Agnostic Theists never got a decent culture going, we would be stuck in the same shtihole.

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 30 Jan 2009, 16:23:29

uNkNowN ElEmEnt wrote:
Pretorian wrote:
pedalling_faster wrote:

And as a jew you can say this for sure? you can speak for all jewish people then?

I don't speak for jewish people. Torah and Talmud do. Once forbidden for the Goyims to read under a threat of death , parts of Talmud are open now and you or any other Goy can go read some.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics