Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Trump Climate Policy

Re: Trump = Climate Terrorist

Unread postby pstarr » Sat 24 Dec 2016, 13:45:32

Fishman wrote:And the alternative to MAD is.... enslavement or elimination if one looks at human history. When one side is armed and the other is not... there is no fight.

So Fish, can we send you over there to Russia? To unplug their nukes lol

Hint: the other side IS ARMED already.
Haven't you heard? I'm a doomer!
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 24 Dec 2016, 13:52:56

pstarr wrote:
Fishman wrote:And the alternative to MAD is.... enslavement or elimination if one looks at human history. When one side is armed and the other is not... there is no fight.

So Fish, can we send you over there to Russia? To unplug their nukes lol

Hint: the other side IS ARMED already.

Well then from an Einstein quote:
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
“"If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money"”
onlooker
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Satori » Sat 24 Dec 2016, 16:31:21

well Cog
the "good" news is your point of view WILL prevail
the BAD news is your point of view WILL prevail

the U.S,the Phillipines,Poland one country after another continues to fall

How far is Europe swinging to the far right? Election results in December 2016

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2016/12 ... right.html

I'm just waiting for the fat lady to end her song with a hearty Sieg Heil
Satori
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 24 Dec 2016, 18:22:41

Like it or not it does seem the way the pendulum is swinging.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Sat 24 Dec 2016, 19:32:48

Well if the world goes to war we might get some nice war time music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8of3uhG1tCI
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 24 Dec 2016, 20:34:43

Read that Hansen piece posted elsewhere. He has some nice insights.

(http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fe ... ge-w456917)

I agree with a lot of it so its with repeating.

Lots of R's secretly believe in climate change.
D's are no better than R's.
Trump may have a better chance at a carbon tax than a D because congress will not fight him as much.
A carbon tax is in line with his policy goals Re: trade.
China won't bomb us, we are the customer.
(What he doesn't say is what we, the debtor, might do.)
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ozcad » Sun 25 Dec 2016, 21:55:39

Q. Why are so many psychopaths joining the various liberal parties worldwide?

A. Because the conservative parties are completely full up.
ozcad
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 25 Dec 2016, 23:26:24

ozcad wrote:

Q. Why are so many psychopaths joining the various liberal parties worldwide?

A. Because the conservative parties are completely full up.

Just about every political party has some numbers of psychopaths, but only the Islamist parties can proudly claim to be 100% psychopathic.

"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
"Il bel far niente"
---traditional Italian saying
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 26 Dec 2016, 10:51:40

dohboi wrote:There's been an...odd...and eerie silence coming from the general direction of Planty wrt Trump's clear intention to do worse than nothing about GW/CC.

So I thought I'd take up the slack.

But in the meantime, one does have to wonder--why the mismatch between his constant blather about how wretched O was on CC and the total silence on Trump's disastrous appointments, attitudes and plans.

I would really like to think that P is not so utterly partizan (or racist, or whatever his O hate was based on) that he was just using CC as a handy club to beat a whipping boy, or to think that P doesn't actually give a damn about CC one way or the other and just sees it as an opportunity to score points against whatever politician he likes for whatever reason.

But it's getting hard not to come to these conclusions...

So, anyway, here it goes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alt ... ce7aac26fe

It’s Official: Donald Trump’s First 100 Days Will Be Horrible For The Planet
“He’s writing his legacy in his first few weeks: ‘The president who thought climate change was a hoax.’”

Others can add their own favorite headlines and speculations about where T is taking us (and about how to explain the eerie silence of some of our fellow posters :) ).

What do you use as a definition of terrorism? A terrorist tries to scare his/her opponent into compliance with the wshes of the terror prevayor. How do you scare a planent into doing what you want? The title is as nonsensicle as headlines that say "truck ran into crowd" instead of "driver drove into crowd deliberately".

You are giving agency to inantimate objects instead of dealing wth the problem, which is the people. The planet doesn't care if we cook ourselves or create a paradise for ourselves. If people are terrefied of what the President Elect will do to them in the fight for green energy they should be honest and say so nstead of hiding behind misused words.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 01:43:20

I think we can safely say that Trump will be worse on Climate than Obama. And in general the Republicans worse than Democrats. Does not mean very much as neither side is or will do anything of substance to tackle this problem. "It is the Economy stupid".
“"If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money"”
onlooker
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 04:47:51

onlooker wrote:I think we can safely say that Trump will be worse on Climate than Obama. And in general the Republicans worse than Democrats. Does not mean very much as neither side is or will do anything of substance to tackle this problem. "It is the Economy stupid".

Talk about an oxymoron! If neither side is or will do anything of substance than axiomatically neither side is better than the other. Just because one says pretty words you like and the other says the opposite doesn't mean a hill of beans.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 06:33:17

Tanada wrote:
onlooker wrote:I think we can safely say that Trump will be worse on Climate than Obama. And in general the Republicans worse than Democrats. Does not mean very much as neither side is or will do anything of substance to tackle this problem. "It is the Economy stupid".

Talk about an oxymoron! If neither side is or will do anything of substance than axiomatically neither side is better than the other. Just because one says pretty words you like and the other says the opposite doesn't mean a hill of beans.

Your actually right T, looks like I was snagged in my own verbal trap. Just is that I used to believe the Democrats would maybe do something. As you said just words
onlooker
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 07:54:45

It is one of the things you learn relatively late in life, that it does not matter what a politician says, only what he/she does.

We don't actually KNOW what Trump, Clinton, or Sanders would do, and we never will know about Clinton or Sanders. Trump we will have our first inkling about in Summer 2018, after about 6 months of the first government budget he prepares during 2017. The budget for 2017 was prepared this year by Obama and does not reflect any of Trump's priorities.

It's just the way things work. Best just relax until then.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 09:12:18

Well the Congress was never going to pass Obama's budget as he submits it anyway.
What does pass will have Trump's and the GOP's fingerprints all over it. And after that the new department heads will be able to effect the daily spending habits of the bureaucracy.
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 28 Dec 2016, 10:36:22

Most Presidents don't make many budget waves their first year, but I distinctly recall President Reagan got a 'supplemental' 1981 budget passed to add a bunch of military spending that was absent in the Carter budget passed before the election of 1980. I have been assuming President Elect trump will do exactly the same thing for his programs that were underfunded or not at all funded by the current budget.

As far as that goes for at least 4 of the last 8 years there was no annual budget per se, just a 'continuing resolution' that maintained the old budget plus allowances for growth and inflation.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dohboi » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 09:27:54

Prepare for the great fleecing of America.

And you can thank your local Trump voter for it (along with Putin, of course! :) ).
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 09:34:16

You're welcome. ;)
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby dissident » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 10:34:20

dohboi wrote:Prepare for the great fleecing of America.

And you can thank your local Trump voter for it (along with Putin, of course! :) ).

If you like dishing it out, then you better be prepared to take it as well.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 22:33:32

It's not just me, dis. Unless you're in the top .001%, you're gonna be fleeced, and fleeced good.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 22:47:18

dohboi wrote:It's not just me, dis. Unless you're in the top .001%, you're gonna be fleeced, and fleeced good.

If they fleece everybody the same what difference will it make beyond reducing the price of golf in Florida?
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate