14%
40 years
No votes
50 years
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: The US and Chinese Empire

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 21:04:02

Yes the Chinese/Russians are becoming stronger while the US weaker. However, US is still a military might to be reckoned with
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 16 Nov 2016, 22:29:47

In the last decade China has invested very large sums of money in both Kenya and Nigeria building standard gauge railroads on good beds that will last 50 years or longer in the tropical climate. Ultimately they plan to link the railroads not only across Africa east to west but also north to south and into Egypt/Jordon/Syria/Iraq. They already have connections coming the other way across Asia to Kazakhstan and Europe. Once the networks are united in Turkey they will be able to trans ship raw materials from Africa to China in exchange for finished goods quickly and efficiently.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 17 Nov 2016, 05:01:42

Well it seems China is acting like its the 1800's, a pristine planet to be developed or should I say polluted and to be converted from natural habitats to man made ones. Like peak oil does not exist, like peak everything does not exist. They seem deluded to say the least. Yet I realize that their huge population needs to eat, work etc. So I guess you cannot blame them. They want to be the last man standing. I cannot help but to think that once China and India began their mad rush to economic growth, the planet was truly doomed considering their huge populations.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby careinke » Fri 18 Nov 2016, 01:08:41

The Chinese provide "Free" Chinese teachers to some government schools in Washington State. Especially in towns where the parents are likely to work for Boeing. They are incorporated into the curriculum.

Not making a moral judgement one way or another. Just adding another fact.

Personally, I think nationalism rather than globalism will give humanity the best odds, as slim as they are.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 18 Nov 2016, 04:20:24

careinke wrote:The Chinese provide "Free" Chinese teachers to some government schools in Washington State. Especially in towns where the parents are likely to work for Boeing. They are incorporated into the curriculum.

Not making a moral judgement one way or another. Just adding another fact.

Personally, I think nationalism rather than globalism will give humanity the best odds, as slim as they are.

Yes, it makes sense for companies to do business with companies that staff that speak the same language.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance