Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The possible Pence administration

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Cog » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 11:29:23

GHung wrote:I always lose elections. There is no one currently in elected office that I voted for, so don't blame me because the rest of you keep voting for bought-and-paid-for partisan creeps. And there is nothing at all you can say that justifies voting for Trump. Nothing at all. The man is not only a political disaster, he is everything my parents taught me not to be as a human being.


In less than three years you can vote for your very own cultural Marxist. Where free speech is hate speech. Since that is exactly the type of person that the left is going to run.

All I see is the world's longer temper tantrum because the left lost an election. Grow up, get over it, and try again in 2020. We don't do do-overs here because you are butt-hurt.
User avatar
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 9985
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Metro-East Illinois

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 11:40:11

Anyone who doesn't see that both red and blue are bought and paid for isn't really looking.
Regardless of who is in office, the end result is more money and favors to the corporations, and less for everyone else.
Money makes the law, not wishful thinking of powerless supporters of either party.
"It don't make no sense that common sense don't make no sense no more"
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun 15 Aug 2004, 02:00:00
Location: Washington State

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:19:03

Trump... won with a minority vote and a fluke of the electoral college.


Just because Hillary was too stupid to understand how the electoral college works doesn't make Trump's election win a "fluke."

Bill Clinton received an even lower percentage of the popular vote then Trump did, but no one ran around with their hair on fire claiming Clinton didn't deserve to be president because he received only a minority of the popular vote.

There are a lot of similarities between Bill Clinton and Trump. For instance, Bill Clinton also showed how to stop investigations of wrong-doing by special counsels-----just bash and ridicule and attack the special counsel. Mueller's investigation is clearly out of control---he's found no evidence of collusion so he's trying to build a case for obstruction of justice over an investigation where no crime ever occurred.

The Ds think Trump is Richard Nixon on his way to impeachment, but to me he seems more like Bill Clinton----they've got the same kind of sex scandals, they're both hucksters and master salesmen, and they've both have to deal with special counsels harassing them over minor peccadillos.

IMHO Trump is the new Bill Clinton.

Image
Donald Trump and Bill Clinton were once pals---they even chased girls together.
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 20895
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby GHung » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:30:11

Plantagenet wrote:
Trump... won with a minority vote and a fluke of the electoral college.


Just because Hillary was too stupid to understand how the electoral college works doesn't make it a "fluke."

Bill Clinton received an even lower percentage of the popular vote then Trump did, but no one ran around with their hair on fire claiming Clinton didn't deserve to be president because he didn't win a majority of the popular vote.

Bill Clinton also showed how to stop investigations of wrong-doing by special counsels-----just bash and ridicule and attack the special counsel. Mueller's investigation is clearly out of control---he's found no evidence of collusion so he's trying to build a case for obstruction of justice over an investigation where no crime ever occurred.

The Ds think Trump is Richard Nixon on his way to impeachment, but to me he seems more like Bill Clinton----they've got the same kind of sex scandals, they're both hucksters and master salesmen, and they've both have to deal with special counsels harassing them over minor peccadillos.

IMHO Trump is the new Bill Clinton. .....


None of what you say justifies supporting this ongoing fiasco. It does confirm my conclusions about a society in deep trouble. And what part of I'm-an-independent-disgusted-with-partisan-politics-that-will-get-us-all-killed do I need to explain?

This whole "but the other guys did the same thing" is pretty much like "I know you are but what am I?" childishness.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
User avatar
GHung
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 15:06:11
Location: Moksha, Nearvana

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:33:00

I was hoping to skip past Trumps strengths and failures and speculate about a Pence cabinet and White house staff.
If he could get them to stay on he might keep Tillerson at State,Mattis at Defense, Shulkin at VA, Haley at the UN, and Pompeoa at the CIA. But all the rest probably should go. Pence's choices would make or break his administration and he would be facing a situation as bleak as Gerald Ford faced after Nixon resigned.
Anybody have any ideas as to who he might pick.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 8472
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:41:35

GHung wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Just because Hillary was too stupid to understand how the electoral college works doesn't make it a "fluke."

None of what you say justifies supporting this ongoing fiasco.


Who said anything about supporting fiascos?

I'm simply pointing out that winning a majority of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTE is the whole point of US presidential elections. Read the US Constitution---thats how the president is elected. Hillary was so stupid she didn't get that before the election she apparently still doesn't get it. AND lots of people STILL don't get it, even after Bill Clinton won that way and now Trump has been elected president that way.

Image
The 2016 electoral college vote went in favor of Trump

Cheers!
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 20895
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:45:23

vtsnowedin wrote:Pence's choices would make or break his administration and he would be facing a situation as bleak as Gerald Ford faced after Nixon resigned.
Anybody have any ideas as to who he might pick.


I don't think Trump is going to resign like Nixon resigned.

I think its more likely Trump will follow in the footsteps of his former pal Bill Clinton and wage political war against Mueller.

In fact, thats already started with the release of the Nunes memo on the D-Obama-Hillary-Steele-FusionGPS-Russia dossier.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 20895
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Pennzoil bill » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 13:37:24

The lack of applause for the lowest African American and Hispanic unemployment rate sealed the fact that I will never vote democratic again and at my first convenience, burn my democratic voters card and reregister as a republican.
Pennzoil bill
Coal
Coal
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:33:00

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby GHung » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 14:01:58

Pennzoil bill wrote:The lack of applause for the lowest African American and Hispanic unemployment rate sealed the fact that I will never vote democratic again and at my first convenience, burn my democratic voters card and reregister as a republican.


Why would you register for either party?
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
User avatar
GHung
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 15:06:11
Location: Moksha, Nearvana

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 15:47:43

GHung wrote:
Pennzoil bill wrote:The lack of applause for the lowest African American and Hispanic unemployment rate sealed the fact that I will never vote democratic again and at my first convenience, burn my democratic voters card and reregister as a republican.


Why would you register for either party?
Some of us actually go to meetings, talk to candidates, hold local offices, support like minded candidates, try to move our party of choice in the right direction.
Others don't even bother to vote and just bitch about the outcomes.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 8472
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 16:26:32

GHung wrote:This whole "but the other guys did the same thing" is pretty much like "I know you are but what am I?" childishness.


Image
“If and when the oil price skewers for 6 months or more substantially above the MAP, then I will concede the Etp is inherently flawed"
--Onlooker, 1/1/2018
asg70
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Sun 05 Feb 2017, 13:17:28

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby GHung » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 17:24:32

vtsnowedin wrote:
GHung wrote:
Pennzoil bill wrote:The lack of applause for the lowest African American and Hispanic unemployment rate sealed the fact that I will never vote democratic again and at my first convenience, burn my democratic voters card and reregister as a republican.


Why would you register for either party?
Some of us actually go to meetings, talk to candidates, hold local offices, support like minded candidates, try to move our party of choice in the right direction.
Others don't even bother to vote and just bitch about the outcomes.


I do those things and let every candidate I can know I'm an independent whose vote they'll have to earn; not some partisan sheep. I've voted in every election for decades, written informed opinions to the local papers, written my representatives, and donated to campaigns. Independents make candidates nervous because they are more likely to swing either way, and, in my state, I can vote in either primary. The more non-partisans, the better.

What was your point again?
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
User avatar
GHung
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 15:06:11
Location: Moksha, Nearvana

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby careinke » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 18:23:54

GHung wrote:I always lose elections. There is no one currently in elected office that I voted for, so don't blame me because the rest of you keep voting for bought-and-paid-for partisan creeps. And there is nothing at all you can say that justifies voting for Trump or Hillary. Nothing at all. The man/woman is not only a political disaster, he/she is everything my parents taught me not to be as a human being.


Wow, pick either one and it is still true for me! :-D :-D
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
User avatar
careinke
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 3461
Joined: Mon 01 Jan 2007, 03:00:00
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 19:01:37

careinke wrote:
GHung wrote:I always lose elections. There is no one currently in elected office that I voted for, so don't blame me because the rest of you keep voting for bought-and-paid-for partisan creeps. And there is nothing at all you can say that justifies voting for Trump or Hillary. Nothing at all. The man/woman is not only a political disaster, he/she is everything my parents taught me not to be as a human being.


Wow, pick either one and it is still true for me! :-D :-D
The wonder is how did the leaders of both parties leave us with two such lousy choices and what if anything can we do to prevent a repeat in future elections.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 8472
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby GHung » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 19:27:30

.... what if anything can we do to prevent a repeat in future elections.


As long as corporations are 'people' and unlimited money is free speech, not much we can do beyond the local level.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
User avatar
GHung
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 15:06:11
Location: Moksha, Nearvana

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Cog » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 21:02:14

The leaders of the RNC had nothing to do with Trump's selection and they fought him all the way to the election. Trump was elected by sheer will and guts and a voting block who was sick to death of the typical political types like Jeb Bush. But since you don't understand that you won't understand why Hillary lost either.
User avatar
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 9985
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Metro-East Illinois

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby GHung » Sun 11 Feb 2018, 21:27:04

Cog wrote:The leaders of the RNC had nothing to do with Trump's selection and they fought him all the way to the election. Trump was elected by sheer will and guts and a voting block who was sick to death of the typical political types like Jeb Bush. But since you don't understand that you won't understand why Hillary lost either.


And that means what? It's necessarily a good thing?
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
User avatar
GHung
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 15:06:11
Location: Moksha, Nearvana

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby Cog » Mon 12 Feb 2018, 06:22:12

The point that others are trying to make here is the two parties gave us two bad choices. That is false. Hillary was picked by the party, as Sanders found out at the end. Trump was picked by the people. Now you might find Trump's people as deplorable and irredeemable as he is, but that is just a cross you will have to bear until 2020. We are actually proud of what we accomplished and American nationalism is what we voted for. America First is not simply a campaign slogan with us.

I have noticed another phenomena. In spite of the fact that Hillary won the popular vote, I can't seem to find anyone who actually voted for her. I'm sure someone here will fess up to it.
User avatar
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 9985
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Metro-East Illinois

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 12 Feb 2018, 06:45:53

GHung wrote:
.... what if anything can we do to prevent a repeat in future elections.


As long as corporations are 'people' and unlimited money is free speech, not much we can do beyond the local level.

Corporations have always been people, and all the paid for free speech in the world is useless if the voters find it false.
Remember the billion dollars worth of free air time the left media gave to Trump which helped him defeat the other seventeen. They gave it to him thinking he would be the George McGovern of our time and Hillary would sweep forty nine or fifty states. He was their lead story every night for months while the others couldn't get asked a serious question or give an answer to it on air. If they got any questions at all it was for their reactions to whatever outlandish thing Trump had said that day.
https://www.vox.com/2016/3/22/11282960/ ... revor-noah
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 8472
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: The possible Pence administration

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 12 Feb 2018, 06:52:33

Cog wrote:The leaders of the RNC had nothing to do with Trump's selection and they fought him all the way to the election. Trump was elected by sheer will and guts and a voting block who was sick to death of the typical political types like Jeb Bush. But since you don't understand that you won't understand why Hillary lost either.

A voting block of stupid people that watch reality TV and think it is real. Combine their votes with those totally sick of Hillary and Trump eked out the win. But his win was not Uuhege and his performance has been anything but great. And no I didn't vote for either one of these deplorable candidates.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter
 
Posts: 8472
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests