Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE New World Order (NWO) Thread Pt. 2

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Pope calls for new world order to manage global economy

Unread postby DrBang » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 18:38:34

The trick is outwitting these influential and manipulative people and how we go about it without being duped as we often have been in the past.

that is the real trick isn't it!
For every question , there is a lie. For every lie, there is a truth. For every truth, there is a way. And for every way, there is a time. This is the time.
DrBang
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby americandream » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 18:50:35

mattduke wrote:To make a profit, one consumes market resources resources only to replace them with products more highly valued. A profitable enterprise continuously improves the supply of available economic goods as society sees most fit. If society does not want that labor performed, it will see to it with punishing losses. Profit is the reward for improving the conditions of society. A profitable enterprise improves conditions for everyone. A loss-generating company is a loss for everyone. They consume resources and replace them with less desirable products. The sooner a losing business goes under, the better for everyone.

If you will note, I qualified my comment.

If you seriously believe this fairy tale that in the course of pursuing my institutionalised and totemic private greed to the max, that I even contemplate your well being except to the extent that it improves my chances of getting even richer, you are seriously in need of some help my friend. They have you by the balls...only you don't know it.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 18:59:22

And before you pop up with a comeback, the term contemplates as its natural function, securing the levers of power to bail out any and all risks to such "profit" by any and all means possible including fooling dupes like you with fairy tales (and I'm not talking about mom and pop candy stores who are fledgling but as yet unrealised capitalists, but with aspirations to be same)
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby bratticus » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 22:08:37

Can the Vatican go bankrupt? They are 21 million in debt in just a year so far.
http://peakoil.com/post924298.html#p924298
bratticus
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 22:56:13

bratticus wrote:Can the Vatican go bankrupt? They are 21 million in debt in just a year so far.
http://peakoil.com/post924298.html#p924298

Would a creditor call the Vatican on a debt due and trigger bankruptcy proceedings? I guess as profits tank, warm fuzzies like religious sentiment go to the wall as the indebted thrash about for a liferaft.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby pablonite » Thu 09 Jul 2009, 01:09:58

bratticus wrote:Can the Vatican go bankrupt? They are 21 million in debt in just a year so far.
Misery loves company. They just want to pretend they are like the rest of us, I would trust the Pope about as far as I could throw him. Not too many people in this world get to look inside their books, especially the twits like Cindy Wooden of the Catholic News Service.

The city state of the Vatican is very close to the top of the global pyramid scam, dont hold your breath waiting for it to go bankrupt!

Pope Endorses “World Political Authority”
http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/2009 ... %E2%80%9D/

Meet one of your owners :)
pablonite
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby jasonraymondson » Thu 09 Jul 2009, 01:24:59

Darth Sideous, the former nazi youth is calling for a new world order? Theres a big shocker
jasonraymondson
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Quinny » Thu 09 Jul 2009, 03:26:26

I read a lot of your posts MD, but your premise below is total and absolute twaddle.

mattduke wrote:
americandream wrote:The man's an idiot!

The very word "profit" does not contemplate social good other than the most superficial necessary to further the private good it exclusively encapsulates.

To make a profit, one consumes market resources resources only to replace them with products more highly valued. A profitable enterprise continuously improves the supply of available economic goods as society sees most fit. If society does not want that labor performed, it will see to it with punishing losses. Profit is the reward for improving the conditions of society. A profitable enterprise improves conditions for everyone. A loss-generating company is a loss for everyone. They consume resources and replace them with less desirable products. The sooner a losing business goes under, the better for everyone.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby lowem » Thu 09 Jul 2009, 04:32:00

pablonite wrote:Meet one of your owners :)

Yikes. Did you *have* to post that? 8O
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Unread postby bratticus » Mon 20 Jul 2009, 18:56:58

The Catholic church is just a bunch of doomers anyway, just look:

ABC Williams says we have been lying to ourselves about the economy

... skip ...

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams made his humble appearance yesterday at Convention where he was greeted with standing, but polite applause from the House of Bishops. He sat at the back of the room next to the Bishop of Tanzania. Later, at a lecture where he basically bashed capitalism to an overflow audience, the archbishop said we've been lying to ourselves, and described the threefold crisis of truthfulness that he believes lies at the heart of current financial worries. "There has been a "drastic erosion" in the ordinary values of truthfulness and relationship building, said Williams."Our word," he said, "has not been our bond." Secondly, we've lied to ourselves about our place in creation, pretending that our limited world will support limitless growth and that profit is risk free." Thirdly, the Archbishop stated that our nature as essentially communal beings hasn't been truthfully engaged economically and that we've ignored the social impact of profit making. With this critique in mind, our task isn't simply to restore finances to "normal" but to rebuild and reform a system that has proven itself dysfunctional."

... snip ...
bratticus
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Mon 20 Jul 2009, 20:00:53

bratticus wrote:The Catholic church is just a bunch of doomers anyway, just look:

ABC Williams says we have been lying to ourselves about the economy

... skip ...

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams made his humble appearance yesterday at Convention where he was greeted with standing, but polite applause from the House of Bishops. He sat at the back of the room next to the Bishop of Tanzania. Later, at a lecture where he basically bashed capitalism to an overflow audience, the archbishop said we've been lying to ourselves, and described the threefold crisis of truthfulness that he believes lies at the heart of current financial worries. "There has been a "drastic erosion" in the ordinary values of truthfulness and relationship building, said Williams."Our word," he said, "has not been our bond." Secondly, we've lied to ourselves about our place in creation, pretending that our limited world will support limitless growth and that profit is risk free." Thirdly, the Archbishop stated that our nature as essentially communal beings hasn't been truthfully engaged economically and that we've ignored the social impact of profit making. With this critique in mind, our task isn't simply to restore finances to "normal" but to rebuild and reform a system that has proven itself dysfunctional."

... snip ...

I'm not so sure that we've lied to ourselves as a species rather that a rather comfortable minority of enablers have cosseted our natural desires for comfort and security and magnified them into this monster that not only threatens to overwhelm our eco-systems, but our own personal physiologies, with excess and gluttony.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby bodigami » Mon 20 Jul 2009, 22:57:37

TreeFarmer wrote:The Pope said something close to "In several sections of the encyclical, the Pope makes it clear he has grave reservations about a totally free market."

While not a Roman Catholic I am a Christian so I have this to ask of the Pope, borrowing from Milton Friedman; where are you going to find the virtuous people to put in charge of the world eeconomy? You won't find them becuase they don't exist.

TF

they do exist, the problem is they are not christian. :)
bodigami
Permanently Banned

Unread postby bodigami » Mon 20 Jul 2009, 22:59:31

jbrovont wrote:Well, if you're a fundamentalist Catholic, which I'm pretty sure the Pope is, then world economic collapse is just part of the end-game scenario of the rise of the antichrist. If you're going to have a world economy, then it makes sense that it does need to be regulated, at least somewhat - and if you also believe that paves the way for armageddon and the eventual return of Christ, then to the Pope, these events are probably just part of God's plan.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful in any way here - I'm just saying that to me, it would seem that the Pope's actions are in line with the world view of the Catholic church.

...and i am confirmed catholic... AND buddhist. :)
bodigami
Permanently Banned

Unread postby bodigami » Mon 20 Jul 2009, 23:00:07

americandream wrote:
DrBang wrote:A call for a New World Order and a global government. This is popping up all over the place. Whether its a good idea or not won't be based around the best interests of the masses. :badgrin:
Have you ever known the bludgers at the top table to do anything for the benefit of the masses? 8O

il circo romano :) 8)
bodigami
Permanently Banned

Unread postby turner » Tue 21 Jul 2009, 11:12:07

Part of the problem and not part of the solution.
turner
Peat
Peat

Do we need a New World Order?

Unread postby gozer3 » Sun 17 Jan 2010, 15:22:23

What do you think? Is a NWO possible or needed?
Climate change, energy crisis, genocides, religious conflicts and overpopulation are only few examples of a vast spectrum of problems modern world has to solve. The outcry for peace and safety has become louder with each new international conflict. Recent events in Haiti have once again proven the vulnerability and imminent threat for our world order. Is a global empire the right solution for all our woes?
also interesting:
For many, China is on his way to become a new giant, a very hungry giant. Experts believe that China’s economic growth can ascend the nation to a new leading superpower. Some of those experts have already set a date: 2025. Liebig's law of the minimum will ensure a rude awakening for those experts.

Text deleted.

Please do a topic search before starting a thread. Thank you.
Last edited by Ferretlover on Sun 17 Jan 2010, 16:56:15, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Text deleted per COC 3.1.13 Link baiting: prohibited.. If you wish to advertise, please buy banner space.
gozer3
Wood
Wood

Re: Do we need a New World Order?

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 17 Jan 2010, 15:35:14

No.
Ludi

Unread postby hillsidedigger » Sun 17 Jan 2010, 15:54:32

Unless China collapses in one way or another it's a safe bet that by 2025 China will be able to afford to annually purchase a quantity of stuff (that is everything like oil, food, concrete, steel, wood) greater than the quantity of stuff that the entire world manages to currently annually produce.
hillsidedigger
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby pablonite » Sun 17 Jan 2010, 16:48:25

Maybe your already looking at the NWO in China?

They have plenty of resources secured for the forseeable future and are a respected member of the UN along with Russia and America. They are also busy populating the rest of the planet at a furious rate. I wouldn't want to get into a Liebig's Law of the Minimum with them either.

The question is, does the NWO need you?
pablonite
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics