Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Methane Thread pt. 2

Re: The Methane Thread pt. 2

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 07 Jul 2016, 06:32:29

OMG.

Look up "ad hominem"

It means attacking the person. I was characterizing your argument, not you.

This discussion is clearly getting no where. Good luck with the rest of your life.
dohboi
Master
Master

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 07 Jul 2016, 08:48:36

I guess english is a second language for you

The definition of idiotic is:
of, relating to, or characteristic of an idiot.

By suggesting someone's ideas or arguments are idiotic you are in fact suggesting those arguments were made by an idiot.

And of course that was your intent anyways....you just want to appear to take the high road when in fact the vast majority of what you do here is attack people rather than argue ideas from basis of fact. A quick perusal through your posts is quite demonstrative to that end.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 07 Jul 2016, 18:08:35

OK, you want me to call you an idiot, I'll call you and idiot. Idiot.

Congratulations, you are now on my ignore list. Because...idiot... :lol: :lol: :lol:
dohboi
Master
Master

Unread postby vox_mundi » Tue 10 Jan 2017, 13:35:23

Effect of methane on climate change could be 25% greater than we thought

Research led by the University of Reading indicates that emissions of methane due to human activity have, to date, caused a warming effect which is about one-third of the warming effect due to carbon dioxide emissions – this methane contribution is 25% higher than previous estimates.

The new study, by Maryam Etminan and colleagues, is published in the American Geophysical Union's journal Geophysical Research Letters. The full report is open access and freely available.

The scientists calculated that, while carbon dioxide remains by far the most significant gas driving human-induced climate change, methane, while much less abundant, is even more potent than previously thought. They found that a one tonne emission of methane has the equivalent warming effect of 32 tonnes of carbon dioxide – up from the previous estimate of 28.
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Fission
Fission

Unread postby kiwichick » Wed 11 Jan 2017, 02:01:33

thanks vox.....this will be important for New Zealand......almost half of our emissions come from agriculture
kiwichick
Fission
Fission

Previous

Return to Environment