Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Magnets and Energy Thread (merged) Pro & Con

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: No Fuel Magnet Motors

Unread postby vaseline2008 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 16:10:50

Will this concept work in outer space? What about the Earth and other planets rotating on it's axis and orbiting around the sun? Just a question, forgive my ignorance.
I'd rather be the killer than the victim.
The Money Badger don't care. Sucks to be poor!
vaseline2008
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby cipi604 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 16:25:25

It's called inertia, and that movement it's not perpetual. You have a friction between earth gravitational field and the sun gravitational field and so on, but it;s too small in comparison with the inertia of the planets/stars etc to break them in real-time.
The lenght of the day on this planet is getting longer and longer cause of the friction of the oceans,moon tides, earth magnetic field produced by the iron core, etc , but is balanced in great proportion by the distance between the moon and the earth wich is increasing constantly... bla bla... Hit the books.
cipi604
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby jlw61 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 17:01:52

Hawkcreek wrote:I will believe in perpetual motion machines when you can show me the opposite. A machine that you can put energy into, with absolutely no result - no increase in temp, no motion, no electromagnetic output ---- nothing.
Now that would be difficult to do.
And a teen-age son doesn't count.

And a foreman is not a machine, so he does not count either.
When somebody makes a statement you don't understand, don't tell him he's crazy. Ask him what he means. -- Otto Harkaman, Space Viking
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby heroineworshipper » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 17:02:25

All of us designed perpetual magnet motors before our first physics class. What a disappointment it was after all those years thinking U could beat the system.
People first, then things, then dollars.
There will be enslavement, cannibalism, & zombie invasions.
heroineworshipper
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Heineken » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 21:30:10

Kingcoal: Clear, solid explanation. Thanks.

Quackery never dies. You just can't kill it.
"Actually, humans died out long ago."
---Abused, abandoned hunting dog

"Things have entered a stage where the only change that is possible is for things to get worse."
---I & my bro.
Heineken
Expert
Expert

Unread postby small_steps » Tue 22 Jul 2008, 12:43:26

Hey buddy,

that "jumping" that you were talking about - that is called cogging.
"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
Albert Einstein
small_steps
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby lper100km » Tue 22 Jul 2008, 13:03:23

dinopello wrote:
jlw61 wrote:That's just a simple type 1 perpetual motion machine.

Wait until I've completed work on my type 2 perpetual motion machine that takes 1 pound of water as an input and produces 10 ah at 12 volts and one pound of ice as an output.

Ice.. that's an interesting side output. My type 2 prototype is currently outputting 1 litre of wine for every pound of water. It was a suprising result that it performs the english to metric conversion and also that the litre of wine weighs more that the pound of water.

Hey Dino! I’ve been grapeling (sic) with that problem for years but could only get vinegar as a by-product. Sort of left a sour taste for a while and my spirits were crushed. You give me hope to continue, perpetually. Magnetic wine production. Maybe some three pole magnets with a double helix toroidal twist could achieve a Napoleon Brandy. Maybe get some ice on the side, too. Watcha think?
lper100km
Lignite
Lignite

Location: Over the tracks, left under the overpass, right, third boxcar on the left, ask for Jack

Unread postby TreeFarmer » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 08:43:20

The quackery never ends because people are always lusting for one thing: Something for Nothing. Therefore, if you say you can deliver Something for Nothing there are people who will always listen.

TF
TreeFarmer
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Electro-magnetic pulse and our modern cars

Unread postby hope_full » Mon 29 Mar 2010, 12:36:37

I've been reading about Electro-magnetic pulse. If our enemies wanted to wreak havoc in North America, an EMP would be the way to go. I've read a lot of info online about EMPs and modern gasoline-powered (as opposed to diesel) cars and trucks. Some insist that most car engines would oakey-doakey and some insist that most car engines would never work again. Opinions on this?

And what about airplanes? Seems to me the metal shielding and cowling around those Rolls Royce jet engines would protect them, wouldn't it?

So I'm soliciting opinions here from people that I hope are a lot more informed than I am: If an EMP were set off, would our modern (fuel-injected) cars still work? Because if our cars are disabled, that pretty well destroys any plan to bug out.

So, I guess I have two questions: Do you think an EMP bomb is a possible/likely scenario? And if it happened, would car engines be destroyed? And any ideas how to defend against this potentiality?

HF
hope_full
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Electro-magnetic pulse and our modern cars

Unread postby bencole » Mon 29 Mar 2010, 22:32:00

Some insist that most car engines would oakey-doakey and some insist that most car engines would never work again. Opinions on this?

The computers that control the engine and other vehicle systems would be affected, the
engines themselves would not be affected.

And what about airplanes? Seems to me the metal shielding and cowling around those Rolls Royce jet engines would protect them, wouldn't it?

More seriously, flight control computers, which allow almost all modern aircraft to stay aloft, would be affected by EMP.

So I'm soliciting opinions here from people that I hope are a lot more informed than I am: If an EMP were set off, would our modern (fuel-injected) cars still work? Because if our cars are disabled, that pretty well destroys any plan to bug out.

Yes, they would likely be disabled, if they have electronic fuel injection, and assuming they are close enough to the source of ionizing radiation for the semiconductor materials to be affected.

So, I guess I have two questions: Do you think an EMP bomb is a possible/likely scenario?

Probably no, most nuclear warheads would be targeted at military and industrial infastructure for destruction directly (hard target kill), under the logic of the counterforce strategy, the EMP effects would be considered a secondary benefit to military planners.

And if it happened, would car engines be destroyed? And any ideas how to defend against this potentiality?

The electronics in them would be destroyed if they where close enough to recieve a certain threshold of radiation. Radiation hardening is possible in electronics, but it would have to be implemented beforehand in anticipation of a radiological event.
No defence is possible in a nuclear war. Whatever material resource that manages to survive by chance is what you would be left to work with in such a scenario
bencole
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Electro-magnetic pulse and our modern cars

Unread postby vaseline2008 » Tue 30 Mar 2010, 18:09:18

Only Air Force One is safe from an EMP...at least in the movies it is...
I'd rather be the killer than the victim.
The Money Badger don't care. Sucks to be poor!
vaseline2008
Lignite
Lignite

Re: THE Magnets and Energy Thread Pro & Con

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:45:45

Fascinating new less rare earth requiring permanent magnets developed. Much more at link below quote.

Karl A. Gschneidner and fellow scientists at the U.S. Department of Energy's Ames Laboratory have created a new magnetic alloy that is an alternative to traditional rare-earth permanent magnets.

http://news360.com/article/289446436
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Energy Technology