Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Magnets and Energy Thread (merged) Pro & Con

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: Howard Johnson's Permanent Magnet motor.

Unread postby mistel » Thu 22 Jun 2006, 21:14:17

Ok, from the Conspiracy Camp, this motor might work, but would never be allowed to be produced. Big oil, the Military Industrial complex, TPTB, whatever you want to call it, would not let it be produced because then they have less to sell you. Same kind of thing happened with Tesla and his experiments with broadcasting electricity like radio waves (which I guess would be a form of electricity anyways?) TPTB stopped him because they had no way to meter the energy.
mistel
Peat
Peat

Earth Magnetic Field Conversion - Free Energy Coil

Unread postby simontay78 » Sat 31 Mar 2007, 14:37:43

I just found an important video on youtube regarding a device that can convert Earth's magnetic field into electricity! Google "Steven Mark Coil"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6pOpcSmIzE

Not sure if it's a scam or not...but do help review it. If it's a real deal, we can soon replace ALL our electricity generators with this !!!

This is a revolutionary device that can satisfy those electric car owner's wet dream...including mine (I don't own a electric car but yes I will buy one once I can afford it.)

Let's see how far this goes!
simontay78
Peat
Peat

Re: Earth Magnetic Field Conversion - Free Energy Coil

Unread postby simontay78 » Sat 31 Mar 2007, 15:01:13

The video is almost 10 years old back in 1997!!!

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory: ... _Generator

Read and decide if it's real!@#?
simontay78
Peat
Peat

Unread postby kokoda » Sat 31 Mar 2007, 17:00:53

It seems to go against everything my high school physics teacher told me.

Static magnetic fields do not generate energy ... on the other hand a changing magnetic field ... such as that found in an electric generator ... does produce an electric field. But that generator would need to be driven by some other power source.

There is no such thing as a free lunch in physics.
kokoda
Coal
Coal

Unread postby mrflora » Sat 31 Mar 2007, 18:46:34

>There is no such thing as a free lunch in physics.

That's certainly not true. Dr. Alan Guth, the physicist who discovered cosmic inflation, refers to the universe as "the ultimate free lunch".

That being said, extracting power from the Earth's magnetic field is difficult or impossible on the surface of the Earth since the field does not vary much over short times. Orbital electromagnetic tethers can extract energy, however.

Regards,
M.R.F.
"... coal and oil were depleted... increased demands for food cut off conversion of the agricultural surplus into fuel alcohol... solar power... as much a dream as atomic energy..." - Jack Williamson, "The Crucible of Power" (1939)
mrflora
Peat
Peat

Unread postby mistel » Sat 31 Mar 2007, 21:46:29

I don't think he knows what he is talking about. 16 minutes in he claims the the first device produces "DC at 5000 Hertz sin wave" . I may be wrong but DC has no Hertz, it does not oscillate in a sin wave, it is just a straight line on an oscilloscope.

Peter
mistel
Peat
Peat

Unread postby gg3 » Sat 31 Mar 2007, 21:59:34

I've evaluated plenty of these anomalous energy device claims, and almost without exception they turn out to be either innocent mistakes and measurement errors all fueled by dreams of solving the world's problems, or outright bunk and fraud.

The exception is that there are some ambient energy effects that operate on a very very small level indeed, which can produce valid measurements, but which are basically useless for producing usable energy. For example the Casimir effect (zero-point field), and electrostatic motors (static electricity), and so on. You can build an electrostatic motor that twirls merrily in the ambient energy, as per plans in Popular Science thirty-some years ago, and you might be able to attach it to fan blades for a small desk fan, but not much beyond that, and scaling it up doesn't seem viable.

As for the 5kHz sine wave ("sin wave" is an incorrect spelling and a huge clue that someone doesn't know what they're talking about), yeah you can impose a sinusoidal modulation on top of a DC current and get that. Or you can take an AC waveform and rectify it down to DC, and if you don't filter it you'll have a noisy DC output but not a sine wave (the troughs are flipped over to become peaks; the result looks like a shape that would be described by a ball bouncing along a pavement). But I don't see that as being particularly meaningful either way.
gg3
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 01 Apr 2007, 22:31:07

mrflora wrote:>There is no such thing as a free lunch in physics.

That's certainly not true. Dr. Alan Guth, the physicist who discovered cosmic inflation, refers to the universe as "the ultimate free lunch".

That being said, extracting power from the Earth's magnetic field is difficult or impossible on the surface of the Earth since the field does not vary much over short times. Orbital electromagnetic tethers can extract energy, however.

Regards,
M.R.F.

Coasting along at 17,500 mph with a 1000' tether trailing behind will induce a current, however what you are really doing is converting your stored chemical energy created inertia into electric current, not generating a free lunch. On the other hand, if you charge the tether with an electro-magnetic field the energy will react with the magnetic lines of force and boost your speed and altitude. No magic involved, just the opposite effect at work. Draw power out, fall to a lower orbit, push power in, rise to a higher orbit.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

No Fuel Magnet Motors

Unread postby vaseline2008 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 13:49:16

I have always fantasized about this but everyone told me that it was not possible and against the laws of physics. Please comment on this:

Magnet Motor

By the way, there are many videos on YouTube in reference to this type of technology. In fact there is a company in Germany called Perendev. Here is their link:

Perendev
I'd rather be the killer than the victim.
The Money Badger don't care. Sucks to be poor!
vaseline2008
Lignite
Lignite

Re: No Fuel Magnet Motors

Unread postby jlw61 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 14:35:24

That's just a simple type 1 perpetual motion machine.

Wait until I've completed work on my type 2 perpetual motion machine that takes 1 pound of water as an input and produces 10 ah at 12 volts and one pound of ice as an output.
When somebody makes a statement you don't understand, don't tell him he's crazy. Ask him what he means. -- Otto Harkaman, Space Viking
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Kingcoal » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 14:55:18

All electric motors are magnetic; that's how they work. Take two bar magnets and push the common poles together (north or south) and they resist contacting each other. That is basically how all electric motors work. There are different types, but they all use opposing magnetic fields which are either switched on and off in a rotating fashion or in the case of an induction motor, rotated around to produce kinetic energy. Electric motors are very efficient, most in excess of 90% and super conducting designs almost 100%, though those need to be cooled to a very low temperature in order to superconduct.

First off, this guy doesn't explain what is happening in any terminology that I understand. Electric motors don't have "injectors" or "crankshafts." Even though electric motors are very efficient, they can never exceed 100% and in reality will always fall well short of that. The reason is this pesky principle called the second law of thermodynamics which says basically, in layman's terms, that perpetual motion machines are unequivocally impossible in all cases of a closed system. You can store potential energy in a fly wheel, but that energy has to be first put into the flywheel. Any drag put on a flywheel slows it down and the energy is not replaced magically, it has to come from somewhere. In the case of an electric motor, it comes from the electric current applied to the terminals.

The laws of thermodynamics are the only real "settled science" there is. Before his death, Einstein remarked in a letter to a fellow that "the only thing that I am absolutely certain of, the only thing, that is; is that the Universe forbids perpetual motion machines. Or something like that.

Perpetual motion machines are the most popular types of inventions there are. The patent office will automatically reject anything that claims perpetual motion. The problem is that they are fake inventions. Like this one. This guy has a bank of batteries in the trunk that he's not showing.

All of physical science is guided by the laws of thermodynamics. All new theories are put through the wringer of those principles and if they pass, they go on to further review. In order to make a perpetual motion machine and explain it, you would need to first rewrite the laws of physics. Matter and energy can't neither be created nor destroyed, only changed in form. In other words converted from one form to the next. Ordered systems (such as a fully charged battery) always progress towards disorder (a less than fully charged battery.) Every process will lose some energy to heat, thus any real world process will never be able to achieve 100% efficiency.
"That's the problem with mercy, kid... It just ain't professional" - Fast Eddie, The Color of Money
Kingcoal
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dinopello » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 14:57:44

jlw61 wrote:That's just a simple type 1 perpetual motion machine.

Wait until I've completed work on my type 2 perpetual motion machine that takes 1 pound of water as an input and produces 10 ah at 12 volts and one pound of ice as an output.

Ice.. that's an interesting side output. My type 2 prototype is currently outputting 1 litre of wine for every pound of water. It was a suprising result that it performs the english to metric conversion and also that the litre of wine weighs more that the pound of water.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Kingcoal » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 15:02:58

I have a perpetual motion machine design that will take 12lbs of BS and put it into a 6lb package with no additional BS used in the process. Think it'll sell?
"That's the problem with mercy, kid... It just ain't professional" - Fast Eddie, The Color of Money
Kingcoal
Expert
Expert

Unread postby FoxV » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 15:11:50

Our future saved by wondrous magic of magnets. Here's some words of wisdom from David Gilmour that are PO appropriate on many levels

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begin

Along the long road and on down the causeway
Do they still meet there by the cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The night of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfuried
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Eneumbered forever by desire and ambition
Theres a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road weve been so many time

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever

(video for those feeling nostalgic)
FoxV
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 15:23:00

How many perpetual motion machines, water cars, abiotic oil discoveries, and the like do we have to suffer through on this forum?

If it sounds impossible...it probably is impossible.

Ockham's Razor:
The simplest answer is usually the correct answer.
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jlw61 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 15:29:53

dinopello wrote:
jlw61 wrote:That's just a simple type 1 perpetual motion machine.

Ice.. that's an interesting side output. My type 2 prototype is currently outputting 1 litre of wine for every pound of water. It was a suprising result that it performs the english to metric conversion and also that the litre of wine weighs more that the pound of water.

It has to produce ice if you're going to create a temporal conveince which sits outside of real space... get's mighty hot in the ol' tardus otherwise.

I'll trade you two of mine for one of yours if it produces a nice zinfandel.
When somebody makes a statement you don't understand, don't tell him he's crazy. Ask him what he means. -- Otto Harkaman, Space Viking
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby jlw61 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 15:32:40

Kingcoal wrote:I have a perpetual motion machine design that will take 12lbs of BS and put it into a 6lb package with no additional BS used in the process. Think it'll sell?

Nah, we've got something that does that already but in a much larger scale... it's called a politician :lol:
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cashmere » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 15:38:03

I'd like to suggest a "We're Saved!" forum.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby cipi604 » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 15:54:38

I heard of perpetual motions with women but you need vaseline in 2008 for that. :-D

vaseline2008 go to Steorn and see what happens when you get too excited about perpetual motion and energy from ZPE, etc. They spent a lot on nothing.
cipi604
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Mon 21 Jul 2008, 16:06:03

I will believe in perpetual motion machines when you can show me the opposite. A machine that you can put energy into, with absolutely no result - no increase in temp, no motion, no electromagnetic output ---- nothing.
Now that would be difficult to do.
And a teen-age son doesn't count.
"It don't make no sense that common sense don't make no sense no more"
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology