Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Kuwait Thread (merged)

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Kuwaiti Scientists Say Peak Oil Will Arrive in 2014

Unread postby mos6507 » Fri 12 Mar 2010, 19:29:03

frankthetank wrote:I thought they were going to keep this hidden at all costs?

They've been doing a pretty bad job of it all this time.

It's not that the MSM doesn't write about peak oil at all, it's just that they don't write about if often enough, and like climate-change, they give too much credence to the denialist position.

But I've seen no evidence of an outright ban on peak oil coverage in the MSM.
mos6507

Unread postby frankthetank » Fri 12 Mar 2010, 19:36:35

I guess its something to continue to watch, to see if media increases coverage of the topic, although i highly doubt it.
lawns should be outlawed.
frankthetank
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SFDukie » Fri 12 Mar 2010, 19:42:56

I loathe the term "scientists" as applied to these authors. Analysts, modelers, mathemeticians or variants thereof, sure. But it wasn't as if they undertook a scientific study, where they generated information through measurements, geology or whatever.
Rant off.
SFDukie
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Windmills » Fri 12 Mar 2010, 23:07:28

Both coverage and attention will vary in direction proportion to the price of gasoline.
Windmills
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: The Kuwait Thread (merged)

Unread postby eXpat » Mon 28 Nov 2011, 17:58:47

Kuwait cabinet resigns amid political crisis
Prime minister and cabinet submit resignations to emir following accusations of corruption, state television reports.
Kuwait's cabinet has resigned after protesters and opposition deputies demanded that the prime minister step down over allegations of corruption, state-run television has reported.

"The prime minister [Sheikh Nasser Mohammad al-Ahmad Al-Sabah] has submitted his resignation to the emir," Kuwait TV said, without specifying whether it had been accepted.

Earlier, opposition member Khaled al-Sultan said the cabinets's resignation was accepted amid a bitter political dispute between the prime minister and opposition MPs.

"We are waiting for the appointment of a new prime minister before parliament is dissolved in order to be assured of fair elections," the Sultan told reporters outside parliament.

Parliament speaker Jassem al-Khorafi said he had not been informed about a dissolution of parliament.

If it is confirmed that Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah, the emir of Kuwait, has accepted the resignations, he may then also dissolve parliament before setting a date for new elections.

Several opposition MPs welcomed the resignation.

"I hope that the emir will please the Kuwaiti people by dissolving parliament ... and forming a transitional cabinet to supervise the elections," opposition MP Falah al-Sawwagh told reporters.

Multiple resignations

The announcement of the resignations came after the emir chaired an emergency meeting of the cabinet headed by the prime minister to discuss the political crisis.

Sheikh Nasser, 71, had been due to be questioned in parliament by three opposition MPs on allegations of fraud, including charges that he transferred public funds into his overseas accounts.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2011/11/20111128112619355567.html
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The Kuwait Thread (merged)

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 04 Dec 2011, 06:37:59

Will the USA allow the unrest that has swept the Middle East to take over in Kuwait as well? Doing so would cut the link between USA forces in Iraq and the Persian Gulf but who knows what the ultimate game plan is any more? If Kuwaiti oil sales are disrupted even for a short time it will be much worse than losing Libya. The MSM knows Kuwait is a major oil exporter and would be trumpeting it far and wide as TEOTWAWKI.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics