Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Hybrid Transportation Thread pt 2(merged)

How to save energy through both societal and individual actions.

Re: Free Plug-in Hybrid Refueling (for how long?)

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Mon 17 Apr 2017, 18:23:14

Plantagenet wrote:Here's a similar deal for hybrids that is coming to an end:

Right now you can drive in the car pool lane in California if you drive a hybrid.

Its gonna stop.

solo drivers in hybrids to be booted from car pool lanes

That is kinda dumb. Most of them get about the same mileage or better on the highway as my motorcycle (around 45mpg) , and motorcycles are still allowed.
"It don't make no sense that common sense don't make no sense no more"
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

Re: THE Hybrid Transportation Thread pt 2(merged)

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 26 Apr 2017, 08:52:53

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Tanada wrote:
AP wrote:Ford says hybrid police car catches bad guys, saves gas too

https://apnews.com/295bbfe0f9f64fbea758 ... es-gas-too

This is interesting. It illustrates the fact that hybrids are viable for a WIDE range of vehicles, until EV's are truly ready for prime time and mass adoption.

Going on now as we speak. And I hate to say "I told you so"...but I did, and did it here, and it is now making the front news page of po.com no less!!

http://peakoil.com/consumption/electric ... d-in-2030s
AdamB
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 26 Apr 2017, 14:48:19

The negativity in the comments underneath is telling. This sort of projection should be met with joy by peakers as it's like watching Hirsch Report style adaptation happen without having to first convince the public about the dangers of peak-oil. But since so many people are so attached to the idea of collapse they can't abide any good news.
asg70
Coal
Coal

Unread postby pstarr » Wed 26 Apr 2017, 14:53:56

I know asg. We are so doomy gloomy. Must hate America, huh?

I know. But that is so wrong. How could we, when we have Donald at the Helm? Make America Fake Again!
There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life,the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”
― Maya Angelou
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 26 Apr 2017, 19:57:28

asg70 wrote: But since so many people are so attached to the idea of collapse they can't abide any good news.

Those attached to "collapse", doomers for lack of a better term really, can't SEE good news. Peak oil caused glut and low prices, rejoice! "Nah...we're all gonna die." New technologies and power for your transport means that even if peak oil happens, you won't have to give up drag racing away from street lights, cruising the burger joints of commuting to work! Rejoice! "Nah...as soon as it costs more than $40 to fillup my Suburban that I really need to get potting soil at Lowes to build my food forest in my backyard..we're all gonna die." Peak demand is right around the corner, we aren't even going to be using as much oil in the near future, so it can peak and it won't bother anybody. Rejoice! "Nah..if we solve peak oil than <climate change, comet collisions, Carrington events, gamma bursts, alien overlords> will fill in for it, and we're all gonna die."

I think the reason for the fascination is that they are facing their own mortality, and they project it into the world around them rather than accept reality. It isn't the world or humans that are going to die, but each of us, individually, at some point in time. And that is hard to think about, so it manifests itself in collapse belief. Which is why no facts are required, history doesn't matter, critical thinking must be abandoned in favor of ....belief.
AdamB
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 26 Apr 2017, 20:00:57

pstarr wrote:I know asg. We are so doomy gloomy. Must hate America, huh?

More likely misanthropy.
AdamB
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Conservation & Efficiency