Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Group of 7 (G7) Thread (merged)

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Unread postby Theo » Fri 01 Oct 2004, 00:28:41

Saw this tonight: yahoo

This quote was interesting: <I> Another G7 official suggested the rise in oil costs was rooted in such fundamental factors as over-estimated supplies and was not solely due to speculation.
There is "a recognition that oil resources are scarcer than was thought a few years ago," the official said. "We agree there is a need for more transparency on the potential supply of various areas." </I>
Theo
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Barbara » Sat 02 Oct 2004, 17:49:08

"We really are up against the wall on this issue of supply," said economist Sung Won Sohn of Wells Fargo Bank in Minneapolis. "Supplies are limited but it's something people don't want to admit and demand is rising from China at an exponential rate and will continue to do so." Fargo Bank.

Reuters article about G7 and oil (3 pages long): link
**no english mothertongue**
--------
Objects in the rear view mirror
are closer than they appear.
Barbara
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby BabyPeanut » Sat 02 Oct 2004, 19:06:04

So the G20's biggest economy doesn't want to be the G7 (G8?)'s smallest economy. I wonder when the current G7 will want to be part of the G20 (G27?)
BabyPeanut
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

THE Group of 7 (G7) Thread

Unread postby skiwi » Wed 06 Apr 2005, 00:11:24

We're onto it sheeple :twisted:
G7 to seek development of alternative energy
G7 to seek development of alternative energy

The Group of Seven economies will call for the development of alternative energy sources in the face of record high crude oil prices when they meet next week in Washington, Kyodo news agency said on Tuesday...

..Kyodo said it would be the first time that the seven industrialised nations -- Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United States -- have referred to use of alternative energy sources in their statement...
Last edited by Ferretlover on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 17:09:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merge thread.
Let us make him who shall nourish and sustain us. What shall we do to be invoked; to be remembered in the earth.
We have tried with our first creatures but we could not make them venerate us.
So let us try to make obedient respectful beings who shall
skiwi
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby gego » Wed 06 Apr 2005, 00:42:02

If you believe the G7 has any of your interest at heart, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you at a really good price.

This is a group designed to rig the world economy in the favor of a few (them) at the expense of the many (you). Slavery, after all, only works when a few in charge reap the production of the many. You are the many and it simply would not work for you to exploit the production of the few, even if they were capable of working instead of exploiting. Perhaps you have noticed the ache in your rectum when you wake up in the morning? (Ever seen the skit on the Chapell show?)
gego
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

G7 officials say world can adapt to higher oil prices

Unread postby skiwi » Fri 15 Apr 2005, 19:11:02

G7 officials say world can adapt to higher oil prices

Finance officials from rich nations gathering in Washington for weekend talks said today
the economies of the world need to devise ways to adjust to higher energy costs...

.US Treasury Secretary John Snow, on Bloomberg television, acknowledged that
costlier oil hurt. But he also indicated the G7 was preparing for an era in which energy
prices are likely to stay at levels not foreseen as recently as a year ago...
Let us make him who shall nourish and sustain us. What shall we do to be invoked; to be remembered in the earth.
We have tried with our first creatures but we could not make them venerate us.
So let us try to make obedient respectful beings who shall
skiwi
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby RonMN » Fri 15 Apr 2005, 19:18:25

Ofcourse WE can adapt...but the stock market can't, the economy wont...and the dollar...well... :cry:
RonMN
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby some_guy282 » Fri 15 Apr 2005, 21:52:54

RonMN wrote:Ofcourse WE can adapt...but the stock market can't, the economy wont...and the dollar...well... :cry:

Don't forget the airlines are already going crazy over the current oil prices. If they just stay as is for another year or so some airlines are going out of business. How will the economy "adapt" to all those lost jobs?
some_guy282
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby MicroHydro » Sat 16 Apr 2005, 02:32:16

some_guy282 wrote:Don't forget the airlines are already going crazy over the current oil prices. If they just stay as is for another year or so some airlines are going out of business. How will the economy "adapt" to all those lost jobs?

In the short term, there will be unemployment. In the medium term, there will be lots of jobs in the military. In the longer term there will be work. Laid off jet engine mechanics can find work as wind turbine mechanics. Pilots can drive streetcars and cabin attendants can serve refreshments on commuter trains.
MicroHydro
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

G7 Seeks Steps to Cut World Imbalances

Unread postby Euric » Sun 17 Apr 2005, 12:01:28

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/050416/group.html?.v=8

Funny how no one at the meeting ever discusses selling oil and other commodities in a basket of currencies and ending the petro-dollar (dollar hegemony) economy as the first step to rebalancing the world's economy.

How can the German economy or any economy "grow" if they are limited by treaty to keep deficit spending within a 3 % of GDP range? Economies that were recently in the stone age and are modernising quickly are those experiecing double digit growth and will continue to due so as they climb the exponential curve. Once they get to the top it will be all flat.

Those economies that are developed either have to spend money they don't have, cut perks and benfits from the worker's pay or move their operations to a low wage region to experience growth. The US is doing all of these and the Germans almost none. If growth means running high deficits, creating a working poor population by cutting benefits and/or exporting well paying jobs, then despite low growth for Germany, the Germans will be better off then the Americans in the long term.

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCo ... 854_newsml
Euric
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dark-suzie » Mon 18 Apr 2005, 02:10:18

Rich people to rest of world:

"deal with it."
dark-suzie
Wood
Wood

G7 suggestions to 'Stick it to the Taxpayers'

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Tue 01 Apr 2008, 23:01:59

According to the Financial Times, which said it obtained a copy of an FSF “options paper,” possible recommendations — the bulk of which were confirmed by the source as ideas which were being discussed — included:

• tax-funded recapitalization of banks - <b>(Taxpayers pay for the banks losses)</b>

• outright public purchase of mortgage-backed securities - <b>(Taxpayers forced to buy the worthless mortgage-backed securities no one else would buy at the bank's fantasy price)</b>

• getting a big group of the important banks to disclose simultaneously financial positions based on a “common template.” - <b>(All the Banks agree to the same lie)</b>

• authorities could organize a consortium of long-term private investors to buy mortgage assets from banks, possibly with state “co-investment” or governments could buy assets outright - <b>(If there is too much worthless paper for the taxpayers to buy they will have to dupe a bunch of stupid private investors to buy the rest)</b>

• governments might want to “announce a co-ordinated operation to boost capital simultaneously in a number of institutions” with the help of public funds, to avoid stigma problems - <b>(Taxpayers pay for the losses of other institutions as well)</b>

• central banks could further expand their liquidity support operations, including expanding the eligible collateral and providing emergency liquidity support to troubled institutions - <b>(Central Banks purchase worthless securities from everyone and charge it to the taxpayers.)</b>

Other FSF ideas discussed by envoys to that FSF meeting last Friday and Saturday in Rome, were, as follows, according to the Financial Times and double-checked with the source by Reuters:

• temporary suspension of capital requirements - <b>(Banks can loan as much as they want even if they don't have the money to back it up, they just need to type it into the borrower's account)</b>

• temporarily suspending capital and reporting rules that tie prudential requirements to market values of securities. - <b>(Banks don't have to tell anyone how much they have or don't have or how much or little anything they have is worth)</b>

• regulators could be allowed to temporarily change capital rules under Basel II supervision rules to allow trading assets to be treated as available-for-sale, reducing their impact on capital calculations. - <b>(Bank auditors encouraged to lie about what the banks have or don't have.)</b>

• regulators could temporarily relax regulatory capital minimums wholesale, or suspend accounting rules for some assets - <b>(Banks don't have to have any money and can say what they have is worth anything they want)</b>

On the last point, the Financial Times said a source it spoke to said the FSF nevertheless feared could “damage market confidence.” <b>Duh!!!</b>

link

I wish this was an April Fool's joke, but it's not. I guess the taxpayer will be the April Fool.

No wonder the markets rallied today. They're robbing the poor to give to the rich. (and economically enslaving generations to come)

Let's Party! The taxpayer is paying for it.

Where's Robin Hood when you need him?
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Wed 02 Apr 2008, 00:05:02, edited 2 times in total.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: G7 suggestions to 'Stick it to the Taxpayers'

Unread postby Revi » Tue 01 Apr 2008, 23:20:59

Great decoding of the financial speak. It looks really bad for us little people. Do you think that their tricks will work? Or will the smart money exit stage left, leaving us taxpayers holding the bag?
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Tue 01 Apr 2008, 23:33:13

<i>Do you think that their tricks will work?</i>

No. You can't allow Banks just to create free money out of thin air, especially since there is so much out there already. The US Dollar will totally collapse and we will experience what happened to Germany during the Weimar Republic.

Besides, you are eventually going to have a Tax Revolution on your hands. Maybe people dumping 1040's into Boston Harbor.

This is a clear case of Taxation without representation.

Or, paying tribute to our financial overlords.

<b>If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.</b>

Thomas Jefferson, President of the United States 1801-1809

<b>I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.</b>

Thomas Jefferson,1816
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Iaato » Tue 01 Apr 2008, 23:59:55

Nice find and interpretation, Cid. Scary stuff. Some of this they have already put into play.

The Boston Tea Party idea has been entertained and dealt with, I'm sure. When I heard about the stimulus rebate that was triggered by filing your taxes, I'm sure that this is what TPTB were thinking about. I'm expecting a routine stimulus each year from here on out as a cheap bribe to me to get me to pay my taxes and look the other way while the rich get socialized.

But I'm not sure whether, by next April 15th, they might have a rebellion on their hands, no matter what.
“Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value ---- zero.” --Voltaire
Iaato
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Location: As close as I can get to the beginning of the pipe.

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 02 Apr 2008, 00:08:31

<i>When I heard about the stimulus rebate that was triggered by filing your taxes, I'm sure that this is what TPTB were thinking about.</i>

I had the exact same thought.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cashmere » Wed 02 Apr 2008, 14:16:37

Cid - great post - thanks.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ludi » Wed 02 Apr 2008, 17:13:22

Time to move to a lower tax bracket.
:-x
Ludi

Unread postby Ainan » Wed 02 Apr 2008, 21:15:22

Ludi wrote:Time to move to a lower tax bracket.
:-x

Sorry for quoting you, but i couldn't stop laughing after reading this.

I'm not American, but i have heard your Income Tax which you file yourself every year is illegal? In that there is no law for it, could anyone explain this further?
Ainan
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 02 Apr 2008, 23:32:56

Here you go, Ainan. Everything you wanted to know. In an awesome video no less.

http://cid-yama.livejournal.com/149923.html

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics