Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Greenland Thread (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

THE Greenland Thread (merged)

Unread postby lorenzo » Mon 30 May 2005, 16:58:41

Greenland is part of the EU, hands off, yankee!
Lol, I just had a look at a US Geological Service map showing global oil fields and reserves. They divide the world into regions, on geological grounds. Of course, they put Greenland under "North America". The Americans will begin their "Greenland belong Texas" propaganda really soon.

Let's state the obvious, simply for the record: Greenland is, has been, and always will be part of the EU. So hands off, America, no matter how much oil there is along the Eastern Greenland seaboard. You will NEVER touch it! Yankee Go Home!! Keep your hands off of our ice-sheet!!! Go fight some Canadians or invade Burkina Fasso or some other empty defenseless desert sandpit, but stay away from our thing up there. It's ours!

[We need preemptive propaganda more than ever now. Yankee: putting Walmarts on Antarctica first will not make it yours.]
Last edited by Pops on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:07:01, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merge thread.
lorenzo
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ArimoDave » Mon 30 May 2005, 17:33:17

Yankee: putting Walmarts on Antarctica first will not make it yours.

No it wouldn't. You're right doing that would make it a part of China.
I know exactly where we are;
. . . .
don't know where we're going, but no use in being late.
(Mathew Quigley [Tom Selleck])
ArimoDave
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Mon 30 May 2005, 17:34:06

Operation Irritating Lorenzo (O.I.L.) over Europe's territorial claims has begun... :-D

Does anyone actually live in Greenland? And perhaps more importantly, how much oil are we talking about?
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby lorenzo » Mon 30 May 2005, 17:54:35

Tyler_JC wrote:Operation Irritating Lorenzo (O.I.L.) over Europe's territorial claims has begun... :-D

Does anyone actually live in Greenland? And perhaps more importantly, how much oil are we talking about?

Operation Exposingtylers' Continuouslies, has begun. OPEC.

A few hundred thousand people live in Greenland. So you should have no remorse when slaughtering them. After all, a few hundred thousand more means nothing, compared to the millions you've already slaughtered since 1945. No biggy.
And FOX News won't mention a word, except that five evil terroristic nucular ice-bears were butchered by brave Marines, God Bless. CNN will send Christain Amanpour to report live from the Uummannaqq Hilton, describing and beaming back exactly what she saw on FOX News.

So this is basically a done deal.

To answer your second question: a whole lot.
Last edited by lorenzo on Mon 30 May 2005, 17:58:07, edited 1 time in total.
lorenzo
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby lorenzo » Mon 30 May 2005, 17:56:40

ArimoDave wrote:
Yankee: putting Walmarts on Antarctica first will not make it yours.]

No it wouldn't. You're right doing that would make it a part of China.

ArimoDave

Good one, Dave.

The question then becomes: can you put anything at all on Antarctica, that would not make it part of China?
lorenzo
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ArimoDave » Mon 30 May 2005, 18:04:42

The question then becomes: can you put anything at all on Antarctica, that would not make it part of China?

We could put in a Pizza Hut or a Domino's, but there is not enough people there to bother with. :cry:

ArimoDave

PS Besides Antartica is on the wrong side of the earth. Now either one Pizza Hut, or one Domino's
might just be profitable in Greenland. 8)

*edit* added PS
Last edited by ArimoDave on Mon 30 May 2005, 19:51:33, edited 1 time in total.
I know exactly where we are;
. . . .
don't know where we're going, but no use in being late.
(Mathew Quigley [Tom Selleck])
ArimoDave
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Jack » Mon 30 May 2005, 18:43:34

Don't try to deny that Greenland has numerous thick walled structures.

The reason for these is obvious - they are attempting to conceal their WMD program. Since they've been building these for years, it's likely that they will have functional nuclear devices in a matter of months if not weeks.

It is imperative that we bring freedom to the people of Greenland. 8)
Jack
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Wildwell » Mon 30 May 2005, 19:19:40

Is anything not part of the EU now? Not even sure how Turkey could be considered part of the EU, it's an Islamic country in the Middle East, and this is going to in the same 'nation' as Dublin, Madrid, Edinburgh, Berlin, Oslo, Rome....Weird.
Wildwell
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby EddieB » Mon 30 May 2005, 19:39:33

The reason for these is obvious - they are attempting to conceal their WMD program. Since they've been building these for years, it's likely that they will have functional nuclear devices in a matter of months if not weeks.

Ha! We can ill-afford to have the Danes become another nuclear nation. We must liberate the protectorate of Greenland from those ruthless vikings who want nothing more than to opress, pillage, and perform nasty nuclear research in our backyard. We cannot brook the extension of European nuclear force projection so near the continental United States. Let freedom ring! The window of opportunity is closing fast. We must act preemptively and bomb the living crap out of Greenland so that it is no longer merely green in name, but literally glows green with liberty.
EddieB
Peat
Peat

Unread postby DomusAlbion » Mon 30 May 2005, 20:15:56

It's actually in the Western Hemisphere and according to the Monroe Doctrine that makes it ours.

Would you really want to go to war with the US over Greenland?

And conversely would the US want to go to war with Denmark over Greenland?

You're being silly again, Lorenza.
"Modern Agriculture is the use of land to convert petroleum into food."
-- Albert Bartlett

"It will be a dark time. But for those who survive, I suspect it will be rather exciting."
-- James Lovelock
DomusAlbion
Expert
Expert

Unread postby RdSnt » Mon 30 May 2005, 20:36:21

lorenzo wrote:
A few hundred thousand people live in Greenland. So you should have no remorse when slaughtering them.

There'd be considerably more if you thawed out all the Vikings.
I wouldn't bet on the chances of a marine against a hungry Viking.
Gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer.
Everything is coincident.
Love: the state of suspended anticipation.
To get any appreciable distance from the Earth in
a sensible amount of time, you must lie.
RdSnt
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Mon 30 May 2005, 21:00:54

I think an American marine with an M-16 would take out a viking with a battle axe and we haven't had weapons inspectors in Greenland for years. Who knows what those crazy Danes are up to! Greenland is closer to Canada than either Europe or the United States. I say we let the Canadian Anglo-Saxon Protestants take control of Greenland's oil.

Besides, Denmark is a small country without a large navy. It would be rather difficult for them to stop us from building an oil rig or two in the Artic Ocean.

It appears as though operation Counter Overtones of anti-American Leanings (C.O.A.L.) will continue according to plan.

PS. This is a fun game :lol:, we should continue it...
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby b0nez » Mon 30 May 2005, 21:58:22

We are getting way ahead of ourselves.First we have to put a dictator in place,starve the population,then we come rollin in to free greenland,of course to be paid for with their oil reseves.Freedom aint cheap ya know.

Headline:Osama bin laden found in greenland being protected by their goverment,refuse to turn him over.(I think this one is reserved for chavez tho.)

BOOM!!!!
b0nez
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Trab » Mon 30 May 2005, 22:07:50

As a protectorate of Denmark, I would guess that Greenland is chock full of more of those crazy protestants that Lorenzo is constantly trying to eradicate.

Any scenario that has narrow-minded book-keepers murdering each other would be high on his list, I think. In fact, it would probably make losing that oil worth it.... 8)
Trab
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Greenland is part of the EU, hands off, yankee!

Unread postby seldom_seen » Mon 30 May 2005, 22:30:56

lorenzo wrote:Let's state the obvious, simply for the record: Greenland is, has been, and always will be part of the EU.

Last time I checked Greenland used to belong to the Eskimos, you racist, colonialist, genocidal white-anglo protestant bastard!

seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby brentmeister » Mon 30 May 2005, 23:04:12

I knew it.
brentmeister
Peat
Peat

Unread postby turtleT » Tue 31 May 2005, 00:34:18

Is anything not part of the EU now?

Paris
turtleT
Peat
Peat

Unread postby lorenzo » Tue 31 May 2005, 08:55:55

DomusAlbion wrote:It's actually in the Western Hemisphere and according to the Monroe Doctrine that makes it ours.

Would you really want to go to war with the US over Greenland?

And conversely would the US want to go to war with Denmark over Greenland?

You're being silly again, Lorenza.

Well, this thread may have become funny and silly, but not long ago I read an interview with Greenland's Minister of Economics (as you know, Greenland has its own political institutions, separately from Denmark), and she said that Greenland may become the first geopolitical hotspot in history putting the Americans squarely against the Europeans.

So, even though it will not come to an all out war, serious troubles over Greenland's oilfields may well arise.

I'll check for the interview and link it in here.
Last edited by lorenzo on Tue 31 May 2005, 12:19:58, edited 1 time in total.
lorenzo
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby EddieB » Tue 31 May 2005, 10:27:06

:lol: So, even though it will not come to an all out war, serious troubles over Greenland's oilfields may well arise.
:lol:

I believe you lorenzo, but man oh man, what is the world coming to!
EddieB
Peat
Peat

Unread postby katkinkate » Wed 01 Jun 2005, 05:13:47

Tyler_JC wrote:....Besides, Denmark is a small country without a large navy. It would be rather difficult for them to stop us from building an oil rig or two in the Artic Ocean....

They have a large fleet of whaling ships with big harpoons on the front.
Kind regards, Katkinkate

"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops,
but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."
Masanobu Fukuoka
katkinkate
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Next

Return to North America Discussion