Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The FuggetAboutIt Thread

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

The FuggetAboutIt Thread

Unread postby StarvingLion » Mon 25 May 2015, 18:23:52

The purpose of this thread is the realization that the proles are so stupid as to what funds a welfare state, that the inevitable will occur:

Scenario: Vast amounts of shale resource sit right underneath densely populated cities. Nanotechnology, as realized in enabling propulsion and arming of huge numbers of very small airborne vehicles, will forcibly remove people and then patrol shale deposit sites. This is the final stage of the age of oil.

Don't tell me those bleeping "public" "private" "investor" "renewable" scams like wind turbines, solar panels, nuclear reactors, and batteries are ever going to work. They are "funded" by importing a 100 million new peasants every year to destroy wages and living space. The stupid populace is not going to get funded by trying to sell electricity to each other in order to watch Dr. Phil. Once the royalty stream from oil/gas is cut off, they are toast. I know it, because where I live there is no mineral rights for landowners and the standard of living is dropping like a rock if you're not politically connected.

Gold is money. Oil/gas is money. Electricity from uranium or wind/solar is NOT GUARANTEED money. Electricity is not fungible or storable. Get it?

The END OF CIVILIZATION IS HERE. WalSoupline is unfundable.

The only thing relevant for the average citizen is nanotechnology. There is your escape hatch to become valuable to your corporate masters as they will love nanotechnology because it can secure remaining people infested mineral deposits without being identified.

Admit it...you know the people are going to get kicked off those high grade deposits in the ghettos pretending to be cities. The banking system employing the exponential interest function requires automated mass production. Giant nuclear reactors, wind turbines, CSP's, etc need not apply.

You cheerleaders are hopelessly delusional. You think if you get your pom-poms and rah-rah your celebrity zeroes that everything will be okay. Well I'm sick of you bleeping dolts and your liberal college debating arguments passed off as science. You can shove your census up your rear ends along with the cable TV.

Bye I'm outta here.
Last edited by StarvingLion on Mon 25 May 2015, 18:37:15, edited 1 time in total.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Re: The FuggetAboutIt Thread

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Mon 25 May 2015, 18:30:46

The only thing relevant for the average citizen is nanotechnology

AND correct and grammatically accurate spelling...
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 25 May 2015, 18:36:36

Yawn.... another unoriginal diatribe of the house of cards falling down.......
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Mon 25 May 2015, 18:39:30

StarvingLion wrote:Scenario: Vast amounts of shale resource sit right underneath densely populated cities. Nanotechnology, as realized in enabling propulsion and arming of huge numbers of very small airborne vehicles, will forcibly remove people and then patrol shale deposit sites.
Why?
Long Beach was once known as the "Sinking City". Oil and gas production from the giant Wilmington Oil Field, where 3.75 billion barrels (42 gallons per barrel) have been produced, created a land surface "subsidence bowl" of up to 29 feet deep in and around the Port of Long Beach (Port) and along the coastal strand of the City of Long Beach. Over 20 square miles have been affected adjacent to the shoreline from the Port to Seal Beach. Early 1940's groundwater pumping contributed to the land sinking, but the majority of the subsidence resulted from oil and gas extraction. Damage to public and private property and the rebuilding of Port facilities have cost billions in today's dollars.

Approximate Extent of the Subsidence Bowl
http://longbeach.gov/oil/subsidence/default.asp
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Tue 26 May 2015, 10:18:11

Keith - But there's good news/bad news. The good: so little oil volume is removed from the total reservoir volume that there will be no subsidence over a developed shale field. The bad news: so little oil volume is removed.

Not that it would probably come to pass but shales in urban areas can be developed without moving everyone out. Pad drilling has a small footprint compared to the size of the reservoir. Way back when they built high rise false building fronts to hide drill rigs right in the middle of downtown areas. About 30 years ago a company drilled a directional well in west Houston in a heavily developed commercial and residential area. They drilled from an undeveloped commercial tract of land next to a major road. And got a dry hold for the effort.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Tue 26 May 2015, 19:35:31

ROCKMAN wrote:About 30 years ago a company drilled a directional well in west Houston in a heavily developed commercial and residential area. They drilled from an undeveloped commercial tract of land next to a major road. And got a dry hold for the effort.
I bet their seismic wasn't very good.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Wed 27 May 2015, 10:24:49

I visited Butte Montana back in the late 70's. They took out half the town looking for ore. I don't think there's anything worth getting under most of the cities, but they will take it if they can.

Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Alaska_geo » Wed 27 May 2015, 11:10:43

Keith_McClary wrote:
ROCKMAN wrote:About 30 years ago a company drilled a directional well in west Houston in a heavily developed commercial and residential area. They drilled from an undeveloped commercial tract of land next to a major road. And got a dry hold for the effort.
I bet their seismic wasn't very good.

You might be surprised about that seismic. I don't know anything about what was obtained under Houston. However modern 3D has been acquired under Long Beach CA, and also under Greeley CO. An example line from the Greeley survey was published and looked pretty good. See: http://archives.datapages.com/data/urte ... 921541.pdf
"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more."
-Dorothy, in The Wizard of Oz
Alaska_geo
Wood
Wood

Return to Energy Technology