Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Extinction Of Humanity pt. 2

Re: The Extinction Of Humanity pt. 2

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 25 May 2017, 11:08:04

pstarr wrote:I read somewhere that floating plastic mats of junk were the best off-shore habitats for non-pelagic fish. In another words, man has created special ecospheres that attract a completely different ecosystem in a new place. Sounds happy to me. :) You doomers just want to tragedize everything lol

There is very little that is entirely void of good or evil, positive or negative consequences. Finding some slight positive and ignoring the massive downside is a disengenious argument at best. At worst it is intentionally misleading.

Cigarette smoke keeps mosquitos away therefore smoking cigarettes is good for your health. Sounds kinda silly no?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 15 Jun 2017, 00:38:33

“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”
onlooker
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby pstarr » Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:02:15

Newfie wrote:
pstarr wrote:I read somewhere that floating plastic mats of junk were the best off-shore habitats for non-pelagic fish. In another words, man has created special ecospheres that attract a completely different ecosystem in a new place. Sounds happy to me. :) You doomers just want to tragedize everything lol

There is very little that is entirely void of good or evil, positive or negative consequences. Finding some slight positive and ignoring the massive downside is a disengenious argument at best. At worst it is intentionally misleading.

Cigarette smoke keeps mosquitos away therefore smoking cigarettes is good for your health. Sounds kinda silly no?
Yes, life (and death for that matter) is not black and white. I am a "recreational" smoker (as opposed to a full time smoker. I coined the term lol). I enjoy a cigarette almost every day. Usually no more. Have for decades. It is what it is.
There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life,the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”
― Maya Angelou
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 15 Jun 2017, 16:40:47

https://robertscribbler.com/2014/01/21/ ... ng-oceans/
Awakening the Horrors of the Ancient Hothouse — Hydrogen Sulfide in the World’s Warming Oceans
“When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money.”
onlooker
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to Environment