Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE EEStor Thread (merged)

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: THE EEStor Thread (merged)

Unread postby diemos » Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:27:09

Sigh. The EEstor gizmo would have been a game changer. Pity it's not panning out.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Sat 25 Jun 2011, 09:30:32

new interview with Dick Weir!

"I AM MISTER EESTOR!"

"ITS ALL WORKING"

"I'm MICRON Close"

"Energy Density of Ethanol!"

"Your Grandchildren will not know what it means to put gasoline in your car"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWrRh82 ... e=youtu.be
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Sat 25 Jun 2011, 09:58:06

That was an interview?
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:39:51

Yup, someone did a remix of it to poke fun at skeptics.
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Logic » Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:51:03

The most effective way for EESTOR to poke fun at skeptics would be to actually deliver a working product as promised.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors... we borrow it from our children"
American Indian proverb
Logic
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Daniel_Plainview » Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:05:48

Zenn Motor Company burns through 60% of its cash in just 9 months as it waits for the EESTOR fantasy to materialize. Zenn is down to its last $2 million ... and its shareholders must be climbing the walls ... Image
At June 30, 2011 the Company had cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments totaling $2,039,529 compared to cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of $5,074,652, at September 30, 2010.

During the quarter, the Company continued its plan to simplify the organization, reduce costs and focus the Company's resources on its investment in EEStor, Inc. The Company has been aligning its expenditures with the pace of development of EEStor power storage technologies. James Kofman, Chairman and Interim Chief Executive Officer of ZENN commented, "The Company has gone through some tough but necessary changes over the past few months. We have reduced personnel and significantly reduced the cash burn rate going forward. At the same time we have worked hard to build on our relationship with EEStor. The Company has ceased expenditures on the development of technology complimentary to EEStor's work and will evaluate future expenditures as and when developments occur at EEStor." Mr Kofman added, "We recognize shareholders are looking for updates on the progress at EEStor. As previously noted, our technology agreement precludes us from making announcements on new developments in advance of any official release by EEStor. We are in constant contact with our EEStor partners and are committed to the timely release of material developments, as soon as they occur."

While Zenn is waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... for EESTOR, it is burning ... burning ... burning through cash ...
Daniel_Plainview
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Location: 7035 Hollis ... Near the Observatory ... Just down the way, tucked back in the small woods

Unread postby Daniel_Plainview » Mon 05 Sep 2011, 15:47:03

The danger of politicians linking with high risk startups
Now that solar maker Solyndra has revealed that it plans to file for bankruptcy, get ready to hear a whole lot of Republican finger pointing at Obama and the Department of Energy over the misspent funds all the way up to the next election. Solyndra was the recipient of over a half billion dollars in loans from the federal government. Republican Energy Committee’s Republican chair, Rep. Fred Upton, who had spearheaded an investigation into Solyndra earlier this year, is already using politically-charged language like “We smelled a rat from the onset,” and “In this time of record debt such disregard for taxpayer dollars cannot be tolerated.”

... politicians in office and out of office, need to be very mindful of how risky the startup is that they are connecting with. To note: the majority of startups fail, and linking with a company that doesn’t succeed isn’t all that bad. It’s just linking with a startup that spectacularly flames out and wastes public funds that could be very dangerous and could sink a promising private sector career, or lead to a failed re-election bid. We’ve written about this before, back when Representatives John Carter of Texas and Mark Schauer of Michigan, lent their support to the highly-controversial energy storage company EEStor. I’m not sure why any politicians would take such a risk. ...

... Politicians need to do their home work and tread carefully when it comes to the more high risk companies. In an environment when most startups fail, but are naturally trying to put their best face forward, it’s on burden of the politicians to know what they’re getting into.

click here
Daniel_Plainview
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Location: 7035 Hollis ... Near the Observatory ... Just down the way, tucked back in the small woods

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Thu 29 Mar 2012, 14:06:42

Three years later, ZENN finally negotiates to get disclosure from EEStor… does it matter?

http://www.cleanbreak.ca/2012/03/28/thr ... it-matter/

Here’s what ZENN said on March 26 in a press release to report is first quarter 2012 numbers: “The Company recently participated as a minority investor in an equity financing completed by EEStor Inc. While the Company’s investment was small, the investment was part of a financing that provided EEStor with additional working capital to further the development of its power storage technology. Importantly, as part of the investment the Company was able to review certain aspects of the technology and obtain a covenant from EEStor regarding a timeline for near term public disclosure of the status of its technological development certified by an independent third party.

We'll know if EESTOR is for real VERY soon.

TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 30 Mar 2012, 04:04:43

pstarr wrote:I don't see how you could compare Solyndra and Eeyore . . . oops I meant to say EEStor.

Eeyore was frequently the wisest of the W.T.P. story characters, despite his gloomy nature. Benjamin Hoff's wonderful book (The Tao of Pooh) showing how the W.T.P. characters are caricature's of us is ample demonstration of this, IMO.

Seems kind of like an insult to this wise old fellow to compare him to Solyndra OR EEStor, but I guess he'd just say "Oh well." or "Bother!" and go about his business.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Tao-Pooh-Benj ... 0140067477
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Mon 23 Sep 2013, 13:36:10

EEStor, Inc. is pleased to announce the sale of their developed product samples to a private investor group
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/eestor ... 2013-09-23
CEDAR PARK, Texas, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- EEStor, Inc. is pleased to announce the sale of their developed product samples to a private investor group. This group has followed EEStor's progress with day-to-day direct communications and invested in the technology development. As such they are interested to confirm certain performance statistics gleaned from EEStor, Inc. particularly as it relates to energy storage.

EEStor is particularly pleased with this sale. It is now the second sale of samples, the first being to a potential customer with particularly positive results as it relates to capacitors and energy storage. Furthermore, EEStor is now in discussions with multiple new potential customers for initial product level demonstrations

TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:50:11

Another view of EEStor for those interested. From: http://bariumtitanate.blogspot.com/

“So here we are in 2013 and EEStor has claimed that a 3rd party has tested the smallest portion of their technology: the dielectric layer. They say it has properties experts in the field have said, if true, are revolutionary. Unfortunately, no one had heard of their third party verifier and after the testing, no one was given access to the testers. Classic EEStor controversy. One step forward, two steps back. But people still keep giving them money and many still think eventually they will burp out something that actually works. Perhaps before the Zenn annual general meeting this month. I'm not holding my breath.”
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Tue 24 Sep 2013, 07:18:46

Good Grief Rock, gotta throw in your two cents on everything, even stuff you have no idea what you're talking about. That' is B's website, and yes he is a strong believer in the technology and has a line with Dick Wier of Eestor. Please try to be more careful in your "critique".

TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby JV153 » Wed 25 Dec 2013, 16:05:45

The highest energy density for EDLC's is 85 W-h/kg as reported in the lab, and I doubt these are being mass manufactured.
JV153

Previous

Return to Energy Technology