PeakOil is You

The Climate Wars to come

The Climate Wars to come

Unread postby M_B_S » Tue 14 Jun 2016, 05:54:47

Thesis : The Climate War <=> "Kampf um Lebensraum"! A. Hitler

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2 ... -them.html
The climate wars are coming – and more refugees with them
:=
’Significant’ casualties in Eritrea-Ethiopia border battle: Ethiopia By News Desk - 14/06/2016
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/si ... -ethiopia/ | Al-Masdar News

=> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04 ... ing-18-mi/

"You think migration is a challenge in Europe today because of extremism, wait until you see what happens when there’s an absence of water, an absence of food or one tribe fighting against another for mere survival."
John Kerry
U.S. Secretary of State

The past is the future as ever...

There will be WAR for living space and oil gas soil food and females.....

This is a natural behaviour of homo sapiens

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201508 ... fight-wars

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The Climate Wars to come

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 14 Jun 2016, 07:25:02

Definitely, we will see some of what MBS refers too. :(
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby kiwichick » Tue 14 Jun 2016, 08:11:10

glad I live on a island with hundreds of kilometers of water to the nearest other land
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 14 Jun 2016, 09:42:40

kiwichick wrote:glad I live on a island with hundreds of kilometers of water to the nearest other land

Yes because of its varied climate zones and geographic isolation New Zealand has a good chance of being a sustainable lifeboat.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Timo » Tue 14 Jun 2016, 10:18:06

kiwichick wrote:glad I live on a island with hundreds of kilometers of water to the nearest other land

I can swim!

And i have a 6 m Prijon kayak.

As long as i stay out of the Tasmanian Sea, i should be safe from the sharks.

I'm gonna party like it's 1999!
Timo

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 15 Jun 2016, 02:23:01

Timo wrote:

I can swim!

And i have a 6 m Prijon kayak.

As long as i stay out of the Tasmanian Sea, i should be safe from the sharks.

I'm gonna party like it's 1999!

Wait untill the "Smokers" find you and your ressources! :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_gFhyVhkA4

SMOKERS!

M_B_S

Book tip:

M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Karle » Wed 15 Jun 2016, 06:09:45

If little Juncker thinks man could have an effect on something as big as the climate, ok, he might have sleepless nights about all the Africans invading his Europe in 50 years. I cannot judge that, I don't know nothing about the climate.

But - as the article says - that is only one of the reasons for the invasion of Europe. There is also "the Syrian war, poverty in the Balkans, instability in Iraq and Afghanistan and political repression in Eritrea".

Correct.

What those authors seem to totally miss is the point of overpopulation. Africa has around 1 billion people today, and will double within 25 years. They live on the most fertile continent with a very low population density but already today they are not able to feed themselves. That additional billion will have to go to Germany. There they get free food, free shelter, free money.

Which is no joke.

And if Juncker thinks the invasion could be stopped by reducing CO2 he has lost contact to reality. That might have effects in 100 years, but the invasion of Europe - or the destruction of Europe - is happening right now.

And Europe is lost already, see London.

I agree with Kiwichick about New Zealand, and have started my preparations to move there within the next half year. Visas in the drawer already.
Karle
Peat
Peat

Unread postby dohboi » Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:32:22

There you have it, kc. You are already being invaded...not by nice poor third worlders, but by dangerously idiotic, over-privileged morons like karle.

Good luck with that. :lol: :cry:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Lore » Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:53:50

Well, immigrating to New Zeeland is out for most people on this forum as a basic requirement is that you be under the age of 56.

You can get a temporary retirement visa if you're over the age of 66, but you must invest around $600,000 in the country and have a yearly income of at least $48,000.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ennui2 » Wed 15 Jun 2016, 14:41:30

onlooker wrote:Definitely, we will see some of what MBS refers too. :(

Much to his perverse delight.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Wed 15 Jun 2016, 19:43:15

Lore wrote:Well, immigrating to New Zeeland is out for most people on this forum as a basic requirement is that you be under the age of 56.

You can get a temporary retirement visa if you're over the age of 66, but you must invest around $600,000 in the country and have a yearly income of at least $48,000.

Being an Australian we can walk straight in
I think the Danes and Dutch have a similar treaty with NZ and visa versa.
Im not going to live in NZ though and the majority of the migration is NZers coming to Aus not the other way round.
Ive never been there, but it looks beautiful, but there has to be a reason why so many are over here and dont go back and why so few Australians go there.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Karle » Thu 16 Jun 2016, 03:47:02

Shaved Monkey wrote:Being an Australian we can walk straight in
Im not going to live in NZ though and the majority of the migration is NZers coming to Aus not the other way round.
Ive never been there, but it looks beautiful, but there has to be a reason why so many are over here and dont go back and why so few Australians go there.

Correct, and I am a permanent resident of Australia = same of NZ. Just spending some time in Europe to watch the invasion of Europe, historic times like this don't come too often.
The kiwis I met in Australia came hoping to make more money. Since I don't care for money that's fine with me ;-)
Karle
Peat
Peat

Unread postby careinke » Thu 16 Jun 2016, 12:21:27

Shaved Monkey wrote:
Lore wrote:Well, immigrating to New Zeeland is out for most people on this forum as a basic requirement is that you be under the age of 56.

Being an Australian we can walk straight in

From personal observation, I think the Australians moved to Thailand instead. 8)
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 16 Jun 2016, 12:53:55

Newfoundland! :-D
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ohanian » Thu 16 Jun 2016, 15:32:29

BlinkBlink wrote:Pakistan has 200 million people with a annual growth rate of 3%. That means in 20 years or so they will have 400 million people. It's hard to see that ending in anything but tears and they have Nucs.

Not anymore, the growth rate has dropped to 1.6%

ohanian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Dooma » Sat 18 Jun 2016, 05:19:44

Just to give you some idea of the geopolitical situation, Kiwi's move to Australia as much as they can. They all jump at the chance to because there is little well paid work in NZ and they will work for less than any Australian. Their favourite enclave is Sydney with Brisbane coming in a close second...

Having said that, my best mate is an ex Kiwi. And I wouldn't have it any other way. They are nice people except for the air force expats I worked with in Sydney. Maybe it was just them but boy they were as tight as a fishes arse swimming backwards up a waterfall. :-D
Dooma
Wood
Wood

Unread postby ozcad » Sat 18 Jun 2016, 09:46:33

AGW migration - has anyone thought about the Canadian reaction when the time comes for USA refugees to move north?
I imagine it will be pretty one-sided, with slumped shoulders and sullen faces on the sidelines as the new arrivals drive up Main Street.
ozcad
Peat
Peat

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 25 Jun 2016, 03:02:06

Brexit !

Scenario N0.1 in
#
https://www.amazon.com/Climate-Wars-Fig ... 1851688145

Waves of climate refugees. Dozens of failed states. All-out war. From one of the world’s great geopolitical analysts comes a terrifying glimpse of the strategic realities of the near future, when climate change drives the world’s powers towards the cut-throat politics of survival. Prescient and unflinching, Climate Wars will be one of the most important books of the coming years. Read it and find out what we’re heading for.
Sometimes fiction becomes reality because its the physics stupid and the natural behavior of Homo Sapiens

M_B_S

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5l_0bm6ko
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate