Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Climate Revolution Thread

Re: The Climate Revolution Thread

Unread postby vox_mundi » Tue 03 May 2016, 15:05:00

“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 04 May 2016, 07:30:12

@Vox great!

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/k ... 553951.ece

NATIONAL » KERALA

KOLLAM, May 4, 2016

People to blame for heat wave: Daya Bai

Social activist Daya Bai has said the people themselves are to blame for the extreme heat conditions experienced in the State.

“Greed-driven people destroyed forests and encroached upon it, axed trees, and replaced paddy fields with concrete complexes. Nature had been cruelly exploited,” she said.
The white side revolution activist but there will be the black side.......wait and see!

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ennui2 » Wed 04 May 2016, 11:30:32

shortonoil wrote:Don't need it. Depletion will soon be remedying the situation.

Reality check--we're still in a glut.

shortonoil wrote: In case you haven't noticed (which you apparently haven't) the fossil fuel industry is rapidly going broke.

If it's in the ground, it will be drilled, regardless of oil industry corporate casualties.

shortonoil wrote:But, back to the GW issue, when you heat something up, it gets hot. But apparently you haven't noticed that either.

You're the one spinning CT fantasies about this or that group scheming to make money on AGW mitigation. It's classic denialist rhetoric.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby M_B_S » Fri 06 May 2016, 07:35:38

Summer of 2016: Water crisis is a reality, not mere a warning from environmentalists Written by: Maitreyee Boruah Updated: Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:06 [IST]

Media blackout on drought, but 200 farmers committed suicide The last time TV anchors were screaming loud about drought in Maharashtra was after the Bombay High Court ordered all IPL matches after April 30 to be shifted from drought-affected Maharashtra. That was the only time when "prime time" focused its attention on the plight of farmers of Maharashtra, which in facing its worst drought in decades. The critics of Indian media say that most of the media houses are serving the interest of politicians, corporates and celebrities and thus issues like drought and farmer suicides don't excite them.
Read more at: http://www.oneindia.com/india/summer-of ... 86630.html

The heads will role also in India!

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Fri 06 May 2016, 07:43:09

I've been saying for a few years now how famine would once again be visiting places like India soon. The agricultural green revolution is now over there and billions are in jeopardy. All it did was increase the surplus population.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 12 May 2016, 13:08:15

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... anet-earth

The time has come to turn up the heat on those who are wrecking planet Earth

The time has come to turn up the heat on the small band of companies and people still willing to get rich off fossil fuel, even though it’s now utterly clear they’re breaking the planet.

The time has come to show that we understand we’re in this together across borders and boundaries.

Wait and see... :twisted:

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 12 May 2016, 14:02:29

The time has come to turn up the heat on the huge band of fossil fuel consumers who are still willing to benefit from fossil fuel, even though it’s now utterly clear they’re breaking the planet. Without that rapacious consumption of fossil fuels there would be much less incentive to produce them...problem solved.

Once again the guilt monster prevents acceptance of the responsibility of the PRIMARY AND DIRECT producers of GHG and the resultant climate change...the consuming public.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Lore » Thu 12 May 2016, 15:58:19

ROCKMAN wrote:The time has come to turn up the heat on the huge band of fossil fuel consumers who are still willing to benefit from fossil fuel, even though it’s now utterly clear they’re breaking the planet. Without that rapacious consumption of fossil fuels there would be much less incentive to produce them...problem solved.

Once again the guilt monster prevents acceptance of the responsibility of the PRIMARY AND DIRECT producers of GHG and the resultant climate change...the consuming public.

If I had more accessible alternatives at hand Rock I would certainly use them. That's an effort and a case though best made at the top and not the bottom.

We can be very innovative and responsible at the same time.

Elon Musk's Hyperloop Dream Has Its 1st Public Demo

"With hyperloop we are not only designing a futuristic station or a very fast train, we are dealing with an entirely novel technology with the potential to completely transform how our existing cities will grow and evolve, and how new cities will be conceived and constructed."
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... ublic-demo

However, we don't have to wait for the future to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels today. For instance, where is all the light rail transportation we should be using? If I could hop down the road to my nearest village which is about 3 miles away and jump a train into town to shop I'd certainly use that over driving a car.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby kiwichick » Thu 12 May 2016, 15:59:51

totally agree rock.......it's called a co2 emissions tax
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Thu 12 May 2016, 18:08:25

kiwichick wrote:totally agree rock.......it's called a co2 emissions tax

I'll second that. It's also the absolute best way for government to support alternatives, make the old way too expensive.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 13 May 2016, 09:03:18

I'm trying to decide which crimes are most comparable to those of the primary perpetrators (and no, I'm not letting anyone else off the hook, either).

Theft of a planet?

Arson of the globe?

We have been robbed permanently of the planet we were born into, with CO2 levels well below 400ppm.

Now, pretty much no matter what, we are stuck with a more than 400 ppm for the foreseeable future, and pretty much inevitably, much much higher.

When the McDougall study (that I linked to on another thread) came out, there should have been mass rioting in the streets. That was when it became clear that this theft/destruction had now become permanent--no matter if we completely stopped all further carbon emissions back in 2013, we still wouldn't get our below 400 world (at least for the two hundred years that the study covered).

Instead, pretty much no one noticed. This will be the case for other circumstances the crash around us and for other tipping points we pass. Mostly, the dots will not be connected and we will go merrily on our way to hell.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 13 May 2016, 09:12:15

Again, it seems appropriate to remind everyone that the perpetrators are easy enough to identify. Their characteristics are:

1) They own a vehicle or vehicles with a fuel tank, and they regularly pour refined petroleum into this tank and drive the vehicle.

2) They live in heated and cooled and lighted spaces, in a residence connected to the power grid, and consume electrical power from the grid.

IOW, all you have to do is to look in a mirror. YES that's HIM/HER, the planet-killing, climate-changing, SOB that you need to hunt down and invite to a necktie party, where the necktie is a rope hanging from a tall tree or a lamppost. Or if you prefer the earlier tradition, the guillotine.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 13 May 2016, 12:50:56

dohboi wrote:I'm trying to decide which crimes are most comparable to those of the primary perpetrators (and no, I'm not letting anyone else off the hook, either).

Theft of a planet?

Arson of the globe?

We have been robbed permanently of the planet we were born into, with CO2 levels well below 400ppm.

Now, pretty much no matter what, we are stuck with a more than 400 ppm for the foreseeable future, and pretty much inevitably, much much higher.

Not trying to be funny or sarcastic, but the Millenials were all born in a 350+ ppmv world, and given the climate lag time we are experiencing those effects now. Sure kids born today are over 400, but really it has been a sliding scale all along the way.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dohboi » Fri 13 May 2016, 22:16:21

The massive monstrosity we are all inside of is so enormous and outside the bounds of anything seen since the development of complex life...that we must resort to our imaginations a bit to even get a distant glimmering glimpse of its magnificent horridness.

Building on Ib's suggestion of a comparison with AIDS (thanks for that, Ib):

Fossil-death-fuel users (=all of us) are, indeed, pretty damn morally despicable. We are like those infected with AIDS who knowingly went out and infected others. But of course we are much, much worse, since we (especially in the 'developed' world) are not, unlike anyone infected with AIDS, likely to see the worst of the consequences of GW visited on us in our lifetimes. This holds especially true for those over 60 or so.

But, but, we have to stretch our imaginations further if we want to imagine the vast enormity of the moral calumny of those who profit on ff, who push it on others, who make sure others did not know about its deleterious effects...

These slime, the Death Fuel Pushers, are like those who (and we have to imagine here) say:

•created the HIV virus;

•spread it widely among the whole populace;

•got blindingly rich in the process--beyond what any other business has ever made in the history of rich;

•used a good part of that unspeakably massive wealth to wage a propaganda war to convince everyone that AIDS--A) didn't exist; B) probably was a good thing; C) was not spread by HIV; D)...well you get the idea...

•used an even bigger chunk of their fortune to buy off senators, representative, governors, presidents, and other decision makers on every level to be sure they, whore-like, served the venal interests of these death-purveyors.

I could go on, but I have to attend to other business now...

Cheers!

ETA: Just to point out what seems to be blindingly obvious to everyone here but a few trollsters: Just because you can identify one party as being partially culpable of a crime, it does not of course mean that there can be no others equally, or even much much more culpable, as well.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 14 May 2016, 02:54:16

@ dohboi

[smilie=5thanks.gif] [smilie=5wow.gif] [smilie=5yeah.gif] [smilie=5yes.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 14 May 2016, 05:47:50

KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Sat 14 May 2016, 13:16:13

In Germany the people are on the move:

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/untern ... 92417.html

http://www.thelocal.de/20160514/eco-cam ... -coal-mine

Eco campaigners blockade German coal mine
Published: 14 May 2016 12:48 GMT+02:00

The activists, dressed in white overalls and equipped with breathing masks, blocked access to the open cast Proschim mine close to the Polish border, according to an AFP journalist at the scene.

The group unfurled banners on excavation machinery, with slogans including "Keep it in the ground" and "Climate crime scene" as organisers said that the action would last all weekend.

"Each new tonne of coal is a tonne too many," said the organisers of the protest, part of the "Break Free" campaign which was launched in several countries including the US, Canada and Brazil earlier this month to oppose fossil fuel use.
Only a matter of time untill the coal plants are blown up?!

Wait and see when the heat drought famine is knocking on YOUR door..... >400ppm CO2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGLNs3nYlc
M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 01 Jun 2016, 08:22:25

:x :-x

Year 2016: 410 ppm CO2
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Thu 02 Jun 2016, 17:29:49

This is a good example of why the Climate Revolution needs to begin and why progress only happens one death at a time. Jack is an old corporate dog and stuck in the 80s, but as usual, the CNBC cheering squad encourages the erroneous rant on several levels.

Jack Welch says Obama's 'wacky' climate-change agenda hurts the US economy
Video - 02:35
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/02/jack-wel ... onomy.html
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby M_B_S » Tue 07 Jun 2016, 07:20:28

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/ ... id=0&data=
New York’s Assembly passed a bill Wednesday that would require the state to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions from major sources to zero by 2050. But is that good enough?

Thirty-four years is a long time to wait to fully address an emergency as urgent as climate change. A more aggressive bill sponsored by 17 representatives would require the state to transition to 100 percent clean, renewable energy by 2030. That’s 14 years from now and a full 20 years ahead of the plan just passed, putting the state’s agenda more in line with the more dire predictions of climate scientists.....
Hey US Boys why the hell have i to post such important revolutionary climate US BILL?!

Good job NY but 2050 is to late we need the 2030 bill for the whole world!

=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLC8wJCAMGs

=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21D3ByfPTx8
M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate