Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Successful hypersonic scramjet flight - megaefficiency

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: Successful hypersonic scramjet flight - megaefficiency

Unread postby mackina1 » Mon 25 Jun 2007, 14:00:06

What about us that thinks that everything goes in cycles, but that a downturn can be prevented?

About science developing in an exponential manner without growth spurts, i think that it's only true if you look at the large picture. If you were to look closer you would find areas where little to none innovation are going on, and others where there are clear growth spurts. For example, i would say that road building were an area where many new innovations were made during the 20'ies and 30'ies. In the later years almost no new major ways to build roads (or even transportation infrastructure) have been found. In almost all areas it will look the same, but as a whole we're advancing faster and faster.
mackina1
Wood
Wood

Russia, China eclipse US in hypersonic missiles

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 28 Mar 2018, 22:07:13

Russia and China are outpacing the United States in the development of super-fast missile technology, Pentagon officials and key lawmakers are warning. Russia says it successfully tested a so-called hypersonic missile this month, while China tested a similar system last year expected to enter service soon. “Right now, we’re helpless,” Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in advocating for more investment in hypersonics, along with missile defense. Hypersonics are generally defined as missiles that can fly more than five times the speed of sound. Gen. John Hyten, commander of U.S. Strategic Command, last week described a hypersonic as a missile that starts out “like a ballistic missile, but then it depresses the trajectory and then flies more like a cruise missile or an airplane. So it goes up into the low reaches of space, and then turns immediately back down

Russia, China eclipse US in hypersonic missiles
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Energy Technology