Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Scientists scramble to safeguard data ahead of 'scrubbers'

Re: Scientists scramble to safeguard data ahead of 'scrubber

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 12:43:42

Cog wrote:All of the various cabinet secretaries have been tasked to come up with ways to cut their budgets and personnel. I thought this was common knowledge and its certainly something Trump campaigned on. Cutting off the heads of the hydra takes time but its worth the effort.

I would go further than Trump and request Congress change civil service rules so that federal employees can be fired at will for any reason or no reason at all. That would put them in line with how the private sector works.

Basically you are saying outlaw civil service unions. Not that I am opposed to that, you want to feed at taxpayer funded trows you should take the risk that non preformance has consequences. On the other hand President Trump got elected by appealing to working class voters, a fair percentage of whom still work in Union Shop conditions. Trying to destroy civil service unions without laying a lot of groundwork could backfire with the working class voters.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 20:54:37

Midnight Oil wrote:Speaking of Corporate agents...Newbie this is a prime example...
Perhaps you need to address your post to them...
But they care not because their mission here is NOT what you suggested.
Oh, why am I posting? To counter their progrom of the corporate state takeover of the reigns of Democracy. Someone has to do it.

Well then you need a better voice because are just a screaming voice with no content except you aren't getting your way.

Is this is the best argument you can muster?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 04 Jun 2017, 21:02:14

I've worked with unions in a variety of circumstances. There is a wide variety in unions and they perform different functions depending upon the need. The best I've worked with are the construction unions. The worst ate the public domain unions. Not all are terrible but some are.

I'm not anit-union because I see unenlightened management as their doppelgänger. But I have experienced first hand how damaging poor unions can be. There needs to be the ability to fire when appropriate. As in all things there needs to be moderation and reasonability on both sides.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Midnight Oil » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 01:36:33

Newfie, come closer...a little closer... I'm whispering, are you happy now?
Silly person you are...now be off and annoy someone else...
Better voice? Like that would make any difference at all with these lugs?
They didn't realize why the Federal EPA was established?
Did not give out the correct facts regarding Flint Michigan water crisis!
Newfie is all on proper appearances, like we are at fashion event. LOL
Let me read ROC and how ALL oil is OK...now that's classic entertainment!
Midnight Oil
Peat
Peat

Unread postby clif » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 02:03:00

Clif, my point is not the migration of the substance into the ground, but rather the appropriate jurisdiction to regulate it's sale and use across state lines.

IT AIN"T THE GROUND POLLUTION BUT THE FACT IT APPEARS IN THE FOOD STOCKS THAT DO CROSS STATE LINES, and I want as much regulation at ALL levels to keep that from happening, local state and federal.
How cathartic it is to give voice to your fury, to wallow in self-righteousness, in helplessness, in self-serving self-pity.
clif
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 09:54:40

Midnight,

That is an obvious troll.

The proper appearance is that of an adult.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate