Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Saudi Arabia's production increased to more than 11MMbd????

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Saudi Arabia's production increased to more than 11MMbd?

Unread postby kublikhan » Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:34:22

I would first check JODI. This information is based on what the country reports, so it might not be entirely accurate. Also, it is usually about 2 months behind, so we will not get to see if they really hit 11 MMbd in Feb for awhile yet.

If you think the country is lying, you could check the IEA instead. They do their own estimates.
Saudi Arabian crude supplies in January were unchanged at 9.85 mb/d. Saudi Arabia has increased output by 400 kb/d since last October, with some of the extra volumes going to China.
Oil Market Report

In this case, the Jodi and IEA data are about the same. They are both reporting Saudi crude oil production at around 9.8-9.9 mb/d. They don't have data for Feb yet though. But we should not have to wait too long for the official data to come out.
The oil barrel is half-full.
kublikhan
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby misterno » Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:48:10

kublikhan wrote:I would first check JODI. This information is based on what the country reports, so it might not be entirely accurate. Also, it is usually about 2 months behind, so we will not get to see if they really hit 11 MMbd in Feb for awhile yet.

If you think the country is lying, you could check the IEA instead. They do their own estimates.
Saudi Arabian crude supplies in January were unchanged at 9.85 mb/d. Saudi Arabia has increased output by 400 kb/d since last October, with some of the extra volumes going to China.
Oil Market Report

In this case, the Jodi and IEA data are about the same. They are both reporting Saudi crude oil production at around 9.8-9.9 mb/d. They don't have data for Feb yet though. But we should not have to wait too long for the official data to come out.

I am looking at your first link and I am seeing that China's production is going down steadily.

They are most needy for oil at this time and you would think that they would use whatever necessary to pump up the production. Use water or nitrogen, that is what I would do unless of course you would think that oil price will go up even further. But then most of their production is in inner China where they would not be able to find water like SA is pumping from the ocean. So I guess China hit PO already. :shock:
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dinopello » Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:54:04

misterno wrote:
kublikhan wrote:I would first check JODI. This information is based on what the country reports, so it might not be entirely accurate. Also, it is usually about 2 months behind, so we will not get to see if they really hit 11 MMbd in Feb for awhile yet.

Oil Market Report

I am looking at your first link and I am seeing that China's production is going down steadily.

They are most needy for oil at this time and you would think that they would use whatever necessary to pump up the production. Use water or nitrogen, that is what I would do unless of course you would think that oil price will go up even further. But then most of their production is in inner China where they would not be able to find water like SA is pumping from the ocean. So I guess China hit PO already. :shock:

If China were clever and the long-term thinker that some seem to give them credit for being, they would conserve the resources located within their borders and seek to obtain energy from imports while the energy is as cheap as it is (and as long as countries were willing to export). If they succeed in depleting the rest of the world first while they still have resources then they would be in an advantageous position.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby misterno » Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:05:17

Okay fresh news arrived
Saudi Arabia oil production went down to 9.8MMBD in Feb 2012 same as Jan 2012. The question is; is this reduction intentional or it is just they can not keep pumping 10.04MMBD like they did back in Nov 2011.

And why is Brent Oil broke a record reaching $126 at a time when Saudi Arabia pumping in record amounts. Something does not make sense here...

Is this because of speculation or SA can not increase exports as much as Iran used to export?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... %3Darticle
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Tue 13 Mar 2012, 17:31:09

Basically the large oil fields like Ghawar are collapsing fast! :twisted:
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 13 Mar 2012, 18:48:01

:evil: So you can't trust the KSA numbers on what they export? All the oil they export ends up a a refinery somewhere and they keep accurate books on what was purchased from whom and what they payed for it. probably shows up in quarterly reports to stock holders and in annual audits. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out what they really are sending out via super tanker and pipeline.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion