Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russian TV says Russia could turn US to 'radioactive ash'

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Russian TV says Russia could turn US to 'radioactive ash

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 23 Mar 2014, 07:03:25

Subjectivist wrote:The other thing is the US Navy boomer force is a shadow of its former self.

Well that was sure stupid. That shouldn't have been cut. :|

Your earlier crack about the USAF readiness was actually quite unfair,

I certainly didn't mean it as a crack, that's the just the gist from the articles I've noticed about it (it's been reported on MSNBC as well). I can't remember the details, but they've failed some kind of inspections / drills several times.

Some of the analysis I saw was that one problem is that those positions aren't prestigious anymore / top people aren't gravitating to those jobs. That could be wrong, I don't know, I just read too much news.

BUT -- there is no being unfair about it. These guys need to be *perfect*, no exceptions. That's just my opinion, and the buck stops with Obama on that one and his defense secretary and on down. That shouldn't even be in the news as a problem, failing drills or whatever.

(thanks for your info, and yes that was smart to retarget those to the pacific ocean because back in the clinton era a darn norwegian science missile caused the Russian nuke football to be brought to Yeltsin *with all the keys activated*. Was the Russians fault, they didn't pass the notification up the chain, and thank goodness Yeltsin didn't push the darn button.)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Russian TV says Russia could turn US to 'radioactive ash

Unread postby jupiters_release » Sun 23 Mar 2014, 09:36:34

Would be nice to know the course of action the central banks are directing for wwIII. Surely they'll want to limit radionuclide fallout in the countries their estates are in.
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish opinions.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics