Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

RIP Michael Ruppert

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: death of Michael Ruppert

Unread postby Lore » Fri 31 Oct 2014, 21:34:52

DesuMaiden wrote:I want to become the new Michael Ruppert.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together," I am the eggman ... I am the walrus!
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Re: death of Michael Ruppert

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 02:25:34

SeaGypsy wrote:Emulating one who loved to prosthelise & project doomsday dates, then took the ultimate wimp's end when his prophesy failed... How is this different to emulating some Pentecostal preacher or Wahabist Jihadi?

(There is already an extensive thread on Ruppert & his demise, this thread should go there.)

Michael Ruppert is correct. The collapse of industrial civilization WILL happen. It just hasn't happened yet. Even if he is wrong on his date of collapse, it doesn't matter because it will happen. The date might be delayed by a few years, but nonetheless it will happen.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: RIP Michael Ruppert

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 08:57:46

Michael Ruppert bio/death threads merged.

Personally I can understand the despair getting the best of a person. I have had friend offline and on who took the self destruction route and I miss them. If you dwell on doom as a personal habit and then get in a spiral of emotional and physical pain death sounds a lot more like a solution. I hope none of you ever find yourself thinking like that, and if you do I urge you to seek help because the world is better off with your input than without it.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 09:20:46

"The collapse of industrial civilization WILL happen." Might be more illustrative to not make such broad statements. There is no "industrialized civilization" per se. Countries have industries dependent on fossil fuels to varying extents. Some have past their prime, such as Greece, while others, like China and India, are expanding. And other countries, such as the US, have seen their industries hammered from time to time as a result of higher energy costs.

Nothing terribly wrong with making such grandiose general statements. But they don't really add much to our conversations IMHO.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sat 01 Nov 2014, 15:25:46

A lot of people think he is a crazy conspiracy theorist. But as he says himself "I don't deal with conspiracy theories. I deal with conspiracy facts". He is the most red-pilled person out there.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby aldente » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:43:03

Ayoob wrote: I'm not going to judge the guy for killing himself.

Did you listen to his last interview the day he was shot???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClGE2pva_h4

I truly hold you responsible for being a disinfo-agent Ayoob for the post that you placed here in so far as you promulgate the Wiki-entry of suicide ! Did he sound suicidal that day?

This forum is infested by so called "evengalists", that follow a different drum-beat all together....for all we know you are one of them.

"rather sad" - as Chris Holly once stated in an interview with Randy Maughans, a former evangialist who dropped out and prefers to talk about UFO's these days.

On another note: did anyone hear anything from Matt Savinar? He was back in the day a person that was close to Mike Ruppert, at least to my understanding.

I enjoyed the fallout he had with a member from Illinois back in (who knows - 2005 maybe), moved to the Hall of Flames where he clearly was nailed down to the ground- Savinar that was. Nevertheless - what ever happened to the guy (Peakoil.org which he purchased and offered survival great and the like is down).
#
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby aldente » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 13:02:12

jesus_of_suburbia wrote:It's almost as dumb as thinking Mike's suicide was orchestrated by the government.

The term "the government" is erronious in this context, since it would indicate an organized effort.

There is no "organized conspiracy", as much as any novice to the conspiratorial mindset would love to see it that way. It is rather an infestation of a multitude of small to mid-sized micro-organisms in the brain that ruins this world (any form of religion for instance even being more than mid-sized - believe systems can all be abbrevated with BS for a reason)

Do me a favor and order the following book: The Biggest Superstition by Larkin Rose.

In short: the believe in government IS in and of ISELF a superstition !

So who does mess with all of us?

Some call them archons, some call them tricksters- develop a name according to your own liking - don't miss the point though - "IT" is in all of us, and be it only as a potential. I admit to be at least 30% psychopath - meaning without empathy. What is your percentage?

But that would be subject for a complete new thread.
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby aldente » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 17:02:11

"final offering"?

"flesh for the children" ????

After watching "Collapse" (very impressive, thanks for bringing this clip to our attention Kaiser Jeep!) there is no way that this man writes a suicide note of such a cheesy sort - with wording as above - especially after listening to him hours before his death- as posted previously.

http://disinfo.com/2014/04/michael-rupp ... cide-note/
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sun 16 Nov 2014, 18:27:45

People should be respectful about Ruppert. Suicide is sad and tragic, I don't understand anyone that can gloat about it or make digs at the deceased who can't speak for themselves.

We all benefited from Ruppert's work. It was insightful and though-provoking, even if one is a corny and not into peak oil. The guy never got rich off it. He lived in an apartment.

A lot of entertainers commit suicide or have a bad fall, the crowd loves them when they are up, and they aren't around when they are down though are they?

I'll say nothing ill of Mike Ruppert. I liked that collapse movie. And you know what, I'm actually bored to tears about peak oil to tell you the truth and I always was -- he's the only one that could interest me about it at all. A lot of what I know is because of him.

He raised awareness about the issue, the mass public, breaking through with that "collapse" movie that so many saw that otherwise will never know anything about oil or ever visit peakoil.com.

So the man made a contribution in life, just have some respect everyone.

I listened to a few of his podcasts and thought he did a good show, it wasn't even loony or crazy, he'd have permaculture guys on talking about how they do their gardens etc.

(I know I've got a post a few pages up where I'm talking about his bipolar etc but I shouldn't have done that, leave it alone, Ruppert never got rich off anything and he honestly made a significant contribution to peak oil awareness.

His death was a tragedy, the only lesson to draw from the negative side is just for doomers to never fall down into a rabbit hole, that leads to mental illness, you have to keep a balance and perspective and in my opinion an acceptance about life no matter what it is -- climate change, WWIII, peak oil, etc.

Other than that, leave Ruppert alone and RIP and he made a contribution in the world. How many of us will ever be in theaters and on Netflix ya know?)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby aldente » Wed 19 Nov 2014, 14:37:03

Sixstrings - you are missing the point !

The "media" (whatever ominous term that is nowadays- mainstream - better exchanged for "vomitstream"),

so if the vomitstream media portraits Michaels Rupperts death as suicide draw your own conclusions please:

1.: Listen to "Michael C. Rupperts last interview", (do a Google search)

Supposedly that same night he was shot (suicided).

2.: Read his "suicide note" - I make a final offering of flesh for the children ??????

http://cherispeak.wordpress.com/2014/04 ... -released/

The cognitive disconnect could not be more obvious !

Only an un-talented, un-intelligent and on top of it disconnected psychopath can write such words, not a Michael C. Ruppert especially after such a sound interview.

Come on ?! You must be a disinfo-agent as well - aren't you, Sixstings ?!

Over here in Germany we are so infiltrated by disinfo (especially after 50 years of eastern Germany now part of the whole enchillada) that we in a sense enjoy how dumb the rest of the world is not to see the obvious.#

aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby aldente » Wed 25 May 2016, 01:33:19

excuse my all so "direct" lingo
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby ennui2 » Wed 25 May 2016, 10:06:52

Just what this site needs, another tinfoiler....

Go email Carolyn Baker about this. She was a good friend of Mike's and was aware of his suicidal depression. She isn't flogging a conspiracy theory about him being bumped off. Just let go of it. He offed himself.

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2014- ... -c-ruppert
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 25 May 2016, 16:04:32

ennui2 wrote:Just what this site needs, another tinfoiler....

Go email Carolyn Baker about this. She was a good friend of Mike's and was aware of his suicidal depression. She isn't flogging a conspiracy theory about him being bumped off. Just let go of it. He offed himself.

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2014- ... -c-ruppert

Mike was great. Using a convicted child molester as a reliable source for 9/11, who else would have the cajones to try that? But your reference has some of the usual factual errors that seemed to follow the guy everywhere, like he was a ex-narcotics detective of some sort, people were always using that it seemed to get some credibility in there, as compared to the reality of his service record, there before the psychological issues arrived. This one does a little better:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/22/58815 ... -c-ruppert

Note Carolyn not quite being so generous when asked questions about Mike, and his need to put on some big boy pants, and that isn't a reference to his personal habits around young ladies either.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Revi » Thu 02 Jun 2016, 13:35:03

His last movie is excellent! On Vice, apocalypse Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWdeTERAsc
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Mon 06 Jun 2016, 08:10:10

I just found a copy of Crossing the Rubicon, and I may re-read parts of it to see how his work has held up 10 years later.

We'll see....
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 07 Jun 2016, 17:22:20

Revi wrote:I just found a copy of Crossing the Rubicon, and I may re-read parts of it to see how his work has held up 10 years later.

We'll see....

Pay close attention to Delmart Vreeland, the super secret naval intelligence dude who some said was just a criminal. of course, they were right, but what is amazing is that anyone claiming experience as a cop wouldn't spot a scumbag of this caliber as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delmart_Vreeland
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion