Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 21:05:07

President Donald Trump recently announced the creation of a "Space Force" as a separate branch of the US's armed forces. That announcement was widely ridiculed on the Left as DT liking to play with toy soldiers, but I think that there is a possible version of it that is very reasonable.

The US Air Force has a Space Command in it, and that could be spun off to become a Space Force. It would be like how the USAF itself was created, from the US Army Air Corps.

The five branches of the US military:
  • Army
  • Navy
  • Marines
  • Coast Guard
  • Air Force
The proposed Space Force would be a sixth one, and it would be like what Russia already has.
lpetrich
Peat
Peat

Re: Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

Unread postby Cog » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 21:33:48

Sorry your girl lost. But not really. LOL
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 21:38:05

Cog,

Where the heck did THAT come from?

Ip,

My guess is NK can’t figue Trump out sited, that’s part of his plan, to keep people off balance, then they can’t plan against him. The downside is it leaves him open to blunder.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 22:16:12

Cog wrote:Sorry your girl lost. But not really. LOL

Don't you have any better arguments?
lpetrich
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jun 2018, 05:58:22

Actually my better argument is that north Korea developed nuclear weapons under the watch of that community organizer obama and now the norks are vowing to get rid of them. Trump knows how to make deals that work for us interests.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby lpetrich » Sun 24 Jun 2018, 07:15:55

Cog wrote:Actually my better argument is that north Korea developed nuclear weapons under the watch of that community organizer obama and now the norks are vowing to get rid of them.

Pure partisanship. North Korea was working on nuclear weapons for a long time, at least as far back as George Bush II's presidency. I think that Kim Jong Un suckered Donald Trump by appealing to DT's narcissism.

Trump knows how to make deals that work for us interests.

Don't make me laugh.
lpetrich
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jun 2018, 08:03:10

No matter how you would like to revise history us Deplorables altered it to suit ourselves.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 24 Jun 2018, 08:22:39

Why do your keep bringing that stuff up?

No past president has been able to make significant progress, D or R. I don’t see how you can credibly politicize this topic. Trump has taken a different approach and MAY be making some headway. There is no doubt he was handed a very nasty situation not of his own making.

This is not a R vs D issue. If there is a polarity it is “old school” diplomacy vs “new hands on” diplomacy.

Hopefully something positive will come from this. But it’s far too early to tell. Claiming victory or defeat at this point is pure partisanship.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 19:05:11

3 bad options for NK

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/ ... m-bad.html

This is where things get hard and the stakes jump dramatically. For there are only three possible paths for the Trump administration now, all of which are unappealing.

There is virtually no way even our superpower-sized military can guarantee the destruction of as many as 65 nuclear weapons that North Korea is believed to possess.

North Korea’s nukes are scattered around the country and likely deep underground – so they can’t be destroyed in one bombing raid on a single target.

Following a U.S. attack on the North, Kim would have every incentive to counterattack with whatever nuclear weapons he has left – as well as his countless tons of chemical and as biological weapons. That would ensure that Seoul, Tokyo and maybe even Hawaii and major cities on America’s West Coast become the largest graveyards in human history

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/ ... about.html

As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with North Korean officials Saturday to discuss how to achieve the U.S. goal of denuclearization of the communist nation, the world was paying less attention to a related challenge: how to stop the North from continuing to sell nuclear capabilities and weapons to rogue regimes around the world.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby M_B_S » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 13:46:43

Yes that is the picture i wanted to see.

Good job Mr. president Trump and Mr. president Putin.

Now act together with full force.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 14:20:36

I just have this mental image of Trump and Putin sharing some vodka and guffawing over this spying nonsense.

“OFF COURSE we tried to mess with your election, the same as you messed with us any number of times and ways.” “yeah, they are all so clueless.”
Clink!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 14:30:57

According to the MSM right now, Trump is a traitor since he didn't kill Putin on sight. Putin did dangle something out there about Hillary getting $400 million from Russia for her political campaign. Trolling maybe but not necessarily. I don't trust Putin, but I place that same level of distrust on the FBI and the other US intelligence agencies right now.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 14:52:37

Trump doesn't look good in Helsinki. He follows Putin like a minion, agrees with everything Putin says, stands there with slumped shoulders looking meek.

Its such a strong contrast to the pugnacious way Trump acted when he was debating the Rs in the primaries (the first time I ever noticed him) or the his more aggressive tone in dealign with the Ds or with the EU.

Why all the meekness around Putin? Why not project some strength? It really looks like Putin somehow is dominating Trump.

Is Putin blackmailing Trump? Did the Soviets compromise Trump when he visited Moscow back in the 80s? I don't know. But Trump's actions in deferring to Putin are startling, when you compare them to the way he treats everyone else.

Why is Trump so friendly with Putin? I really don't get it.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 15:02:04

Maybe Trump doesn't want to start a war with a nuclear power. Just a guess. LOL

Although the Dems seem to want it.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Pops » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 15:17:08

Hard to watch the Manchurian president slam America and kiss Putin's ass. Humiliating is the word.
If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Cog » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 15:39:23

Pops wrote:Hard to watch the Manchurian president slam America and kiss Putin's ass. Humiliating is the word.

How much money did your girl Hillary get for the Clinton Foundation from Russian interests after the Uranium One deal was finalized? Do you have a clue or even know what I'm referring to? Or do you just spout the usual MSNBC fake news?

Go try peddling your fantasy to people who haven't followed this BS for the last two years. It won't work here Pops. I watched the entire Q&A Trump/Putin news conference. Where exactly did he kiss Putin's ass? Be specific.

If you have any evidence that Trump colluded with Putin to change the outcome of an election then present it. I'm patient. I've been waiting two years now for it to come to light.

** Obligatory :lol: Sorry your girl lost.
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 16:16:11

Pops wrote:Hard to watch the Manchurian president slam America and kiss Putin's ass. Humiliating is the word.

Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 17:03:49

The US MSM isn't reporting it, but Putin claimed at the Helsinki summit that a US billionaire together with US intelligence agents funneled 400 million dollars to Hillary's 2016 campaign.

putin-claims-us-intelligence-agents-funneled-400-million-clinton-campaign

Thats a remarkable claim. Apparently Putin feels a US billionaire named Bill Browder and his associates looted Russia when the USSR collapsed. The Russians want him extradited and questioned just like Mueller wants the dirty dozen from GRU extradited and questioned.

That seems reasonable to me. If we want Russia to honor our extradition requests then we have to honor theirs in return.

None of this excuses Trump's weakness in dealing with Putin, of course. I'm very disappointed. First Obama failed to stop the Russians messing about and now Trump has turned out to be just as weak in dealing with the Russians. This is a sad day for the USA.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 17:25:15

Plantagenet wrote:Apparently Putin feels a US billionaire named Bill Browder and his associates looted Russia when the USSR collapsed. The Russians want him extradited and questioned just like Mueller wants the dirty dozen from GRU extradited and questioned.

I'll bet he would.
Here from someone you surely trust
Browder has worked for years to advocate on behalf of his former business associate Sergei Magnitsky. Browder had hired the late Magnitsky to uncover details of massive $230 million financial fraud in Russia involving corrupt Russian government officials. Magnitsky was imprisoned and died in Russian police custody nearly a decade ago, allegedly beaten to death.

In the wake of his colleague's death, Browder advocated for the Magnitsky Act, which was first passed in the U.S. in 2012. The Magnitsky Act brought sanctions against Russian oligarchs suspected of money laundering.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07 ... rence.html
If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Pops » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 17:36:11

lol, maybe I should start watching Fox after all:

"You got to ask yourself why Trump would so abjectly kiss Putin's ass unless of course he thinks he owes Putin something or Putin has something on Trump," Gasparino tweeted. [Fox Business correspondent ]
-- Abraham Lincoln
Pops
Elite
Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics