Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Proposal to save the world

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Proposal to save the world

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:03:34

I am trying to help you face the reality of your situation. In that way, I am benefitting you and the board as a whole. Its the sort of giving type guy that I am.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:12:35

Cog wrote:I am trying to help you face the reality of your situation. In that way, I am benefitting you and the board as a whole. Its the sort of giving type guy that I am.

Just the way your relate to market forces makes it clear you are an incompetent.

Anyways C ya, wouldnt wanna be ya.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:13:50

Buy low, sell high. That is the ticket.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby davep » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 04:39:45

No proposal to "save the world" will work without addressing (my hobby horse of) money creation as debt, where money creation and attribution are both in the hands of the banks. It leaves more and more debt as growth rates recede. Money is created when taking out a loan, then destroyed as it is repaid, leaving the debt element to be found from other money created as debt (hence the need for growth).
What we think, we become.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Unread postby americandream » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 05:09:31

davep wrote:No proposal to "save the world" will work without addressing (my hobby horse of) money creation as debt, where money creation and attribution are both in the hands of the banks. It leaves more and more debt as growth rates recede. Money is created when taking out a loan, then destroyed as it is repaid, leaving the debt element to be found from other money created as debt (hence the need for growth).

That is Austrian piffle and bunkum. The value intrinsic in money is the labour surplus of labourised capitalism. The banks are both printing press and conduit through which that value is available for immediate exchange or forwardising in one or other form, money or debt instrument. Likewise the exchanges through which that value is bought and sold in instrument form.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby davep » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 05:42:33

americandream wrote:
davep wrote:No proposal to "save the world" will work without addressing (my hobby horse of) money creation as debt, where money creation and attribution are both in the hands of the banks. It leaves more and more debt as growth rates recede. Money is created when taking out a loan, then destroyed as it is repaid, leaving the debt element to be found from other money created as debt (hence the need for growth).

That is Austrian piffle and bunkum. The value intrinsic in money is the labour surplus of labourised capitalism. The banks are both printing press and conduit through which that value is available for immediate exchange or forwardising in one or other form, money or debt instrument. Likewise the exchanges through which that value is bought and sold in instrument form.

The Bank of England laid out recently exactly how money is created and destroyed http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1prereleasemoneycreation.pdf. You can choose to ignore it and call it piffle if you wish, but you'd be wrong.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:06:12

Part of ADs condition involves never being wrong.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:11:05

I find your proposal to save the world to be entirely sound and will watch in awe as you go on to implement it. I wish I had thought of it, but I am glad someone did. Have you picked anything big to accomplish once this is in the bag? Otherwise, you might become depressed and listless from not being challenged.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:45:45

The more I thought about this, the more pumped I am becoming about it. I said in my last post that I would watch in awe while it was implemented. I would instead love to be a part of it! I would be willing to handle implementation for Africa or South America, having never been to either, I would be a fresh face, free of opposition, and could deliver the American Dream Plan to the throngs of enthused recipients. The lark of our spark in the dark will slay the snark, and build the world an ark.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:14:42

American Dream wrote:

"4 The extension of quality living that assures full bellies in the widest sense of the planets numbers, full to the extent that said owners of bellies are more sympathetic to hugging trees, dancing by the moonlight and other assorted planet saving measures...assuring more amenability to sex as a leisurely non producing act than the prescription of a god thing."

I do need a little clarification on the sex as a leisurely non producing act than the prescription of a god thing part of the proposal. Does this mean that until the job is done, we have to pleasure ourselves as an austerity measure? Could I alternate between dancing by the moonlight and pleasuring myself and still be considered as part of the Dream Team?
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Kristen » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:24:44

Mandatory Euthanasia at 75.
Kristen
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:37:28

Mandatory status update full Rambo @ 75.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:42:57

I'm investing in sex-bots. The sky is the limit on the profits.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 18:02:03

Cog, we are saving the world here, not selfishly scheming to make quick bucks
selling naughtybots. You make your nastybot fortune, and then become philantrophic
and return to the thread to save the world. I'll save you a dance in the moonlight.
Start thinking that way now, at least make your kinkybot run on solar power.
E
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby davep » Wed 16 Sep 2015, 18:15:30

Strangely enough, I was just discussing sex-robots on another forum today. As you do...
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Unread postby GregT » Thu 17 Sep 2015, 03:08:42

Says the dog with the funny green costume thing going on.

Of course, it should be simple to understand, even for a dog, but apparently it isn't. Why is that?
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby davep » Thu 17 Sep 2015, 03:40:08

GregT wrote:

Says the dog with the funny green costume thing going on.

Of course, it should be simple to understand, even for a dog, but apparently it isn't. Why is that?

They make it appear arcane and complicated just to hide the sheer audacity of the bankers.
davep
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics