Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Paraguay

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Paraguay

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 27 Aug 2008, 18:39:10

<b>Paraguay's new president clears the decks</b>

Paraguay's new president is replacing most of the country's top military leaders.

Presidential spokesman Augusto Dos Santos says newly inaugurated President Fernando Lugo has signed 30 decrees naming new heads of the impoverished country's army, air force and navy.

On Tuesday, Lugo replaced the nation's police commander.

The left-leaning leader pledged last week to reform the nation's military, saying soldiers would now perform humanitarian tasks for the poor.

In a speech, Lugo said the military will "never again ... be used to repress or harass" the people.

His inauguration ends more than six decades of one-party rule.

link
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Some hopeful news for a change

Unread postby bluster2000 » Wed 27 Aug 2008, 18:49:06

Hopeful? Cid, I thought better of you.... Can´t you see the writing on the wall? Don´t you know history? What would you say is the life expectancy of Sr. dos Santos considering the designs US has on Paraguay´s territory?

""One day a Pentagon official came to our office to assure us that Manta would only be peripherally used, with no hardened structures or overnight facilities," recalls Larry Birns, executive director of the Council on Hemispheric Affairs in Washington. "A week later, he telephones us and says that things had dramatically changed and that Manta now was scheduled to be made into a 'multimillion-dollar' major US military facility. This is what worries us about Paraguay. What the Pentagon has in mind for Paraguay today may be different from what it may decide down the road.""
link
Cid_Yama wrote:<b>Paraguay's new president clears the decks</b>
Paraguay's new president is replacing most of the country's top military leaders.
Presidential spokesman Augusto Dos Santos says newly inaugurated President Fernando Lugo has signed 30 decrees naming new heads of the impoverished country's army, air force and navy.
On Tuesday, Lugo replaced the nation's police commander.
The left-leaning leader pledged last week to reform the nation's military, saying soldiers would now perform humanitarian tasks for the poor.
In a speech, Lugo said the military will "never again ... be used to repress or harass" the people.
His inauguration ends more than six decades of one-party rule. link
bluster2000
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 27 Aug 2008, 19:15:47

Yes, I know, and the Bush Administration is funding and arming a Nazi apartheid secessionist movement across the border in Bolivia which is heating up to a civil war as we speak. Lots of things to do while everyone is watching the other side of the world.

It's ok to be hopeful, if just for the moment.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby bluster2000 » Wed 27 Aug 2008, 20:38:04

Thank you, I was starting to get worried about you.... but I have to agree it is OK to be hopeful, but just for a moment ;)

Cid_Yama wrote:Yes, I know, and the Bush Administration is funding and arming a Nazi apartheid secessionist movement across the border in Bolivia which is heating up to a civil war as we speak. Lots of things to do while everyone is watching the other side of the world.

bluster2000
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Micki » Wed 27 Aug 2008, 22:31:15

Don't forget Bush bought 10,000 acres of land in Paraguay. He is not going to be happy if they turn anti-American.
Micki

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Wed 27 Aug 2008, 22:43:15

Micki wrote:Don't forget Bush bought 10,000 acres of land in Paraguay. He is not going to be happy if they turn anti-American.

a foundation controlled by the Bush family bought 10,000+++ acres sitting over the Guarani Aquifer - 1/3 of the water supply of Paraguay.

i would like to see the new Paraguayan president take away the Bush's private aquifer.
http://www.LASIK-Flap.com/ ~ Health Warning about LASIK Eye Surgery
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Micki » Wed 27 Aug 2008, 22:54:48

And from what I read, next to an American military base.
Have not had that verified yet, but I did notice I was one didgit off. The purchase was for 100,000 acres.
Micki

Unread postby americandream » Thu 28 Aug 2008, 01:16:07

Cid_Yama wrote:Yes, I know, and the Bush Administration is funding and arming a Nazi apartheid secessionist movement across the border in Bolivia which is heating up to a civil war as we speak. Lots of things to do while everyone is watching the other side of the world.

I wonder how the Jews and Blacks in Bush's government fare during meet ups with these Nazis? I'ld love to be a fly on the wall at their get togethers! Lol.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby angrysurgeon » Thu 28 Aug 2008, 12:34:49

Speaking of flies, the security - and intelligence services already uses these as bugs nowadays, sitting on walls listening in.
angrysurgeon
Peat
Peat

Bush family Paraguay Hideaway Update

Unread postby ian807 » Thu 29 Apr 2010, 13:57:01

Bush family prepping? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

http://www.trufax.org/general/bush_family_paraguay_hideaway_up.html
ian807
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Bush family Paraguay Hideaway Update

Unread postby dinopello » Thu 29 Apr 2010, 14:02:29

I have heard it for many years, have no idea if true, but would make a lot of sense and be a pretty nice piece of land to own. Also has a major hydro-power source nearby.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to South America Discussion