Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

How the US Government Was Overthrown In Three Easy Steps

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Unread postby Carlhole » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 19:50:14

Daily Kos wrote:So what if I told you that the powers of financial capitalism (bankers etc.), had a far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands, able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole.

This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations?

And what if I told you they had succeeded?

I've never been to hep on the Alex Jones version of The Illuminati.

I see things more like global competing factions of mafiosi (mafias writ large, that is) as well as competing factions within single countries. This seems to be more in accordance with how human beings conduct themselves from Middle School age onwards. And this article shares that view.

It's a synopsis of Carroll Quigley's interpretation of modern history. Hopefully, someone around here has actually read 'Tragedy & Hope' ( I haven't, but have been meaning to).

The story I am about to share is critically important. One simply cannot understand politics without understanding the significant role the ruling class plays in it - behind the scenes, and beyond the grasp of democratic oversight. Quigley is an essential introduction to what I call the adult history of the world. And it is only with this historical understanding that we can understand the forces shaping our world, and possibly hope to affect them.

The time for the common man, or at the very least the educated political class like us, to be let in on the secret has long since passed. To take our country back, we must know who exactly we are taking it back from. And we must know what their real agenda is, and their methods for achieving it. It is simply unacceptable in this information age for so many to be oblivious to the real forces of political power, and to allow those forces to operate in secrecy.

These excerpts from Quigley are just the beginning. And while his revelations are about the financial powers of the early 20th Century, they are essential for understanding the power structures that exist today.

Perhaps most importantly, his revelations help us recognize that there is indeed a power class, working behind the scenes, acting upon our government, the mass media and education to bring about a world that is very much contrary to the interests and aims of the public.
Carlhole

Re: How the US Government Was Overthrown In Three Easy Steps

Unread postby heroineworshipper » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 20:23:53

It's not overthrown yet, but it will be when people figure out their life savings are worthless. More 0.5% rate cuts R on the way.
People first, then things, then dollars.
There will be enslavement, cannibalism, & zombie invasions.
heroineworshipper
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cashmere » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 21:12:01

My first question with any conspiracy theory is, "what was gained by the conspiracy?"

JFK - end of Mafia investigation/end of Silver Certificates
Moon - "win" race - huge national pride, demoralize opposition
911 - provide perfect, unending premise for war on world for resources

Hanger 93 - I find no gain.
Illuminati cause world bank collapse - I find no gain.

In addition to finding no gain in the attempt to collapse the world's economies, I find substantial risk; when you seek to induce chaos, it is, veritably, impossible to fully insulate yourself from that chaos.

If you have billions and you live in a stable world where your money buys you anything, why on earth would you want even more at the risk of not being able to travel outside of your underground panic area?

Alex Jones just doesn't ring true.

He doesn't get Peak Oil. Strike 1.
He attempts to tie everything to Bilderburgs. Strike 2.
His website is advert heavy. Strike 3.
He uses a megaphone. You're out.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Carlhole » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 21:13:58

Assuming there actually is an Anglo-American elite operating behind the governments of the US and UK, it seems their vast Free Trade project is doomed by the imminence of peak oil. Yet, in the past decade, there was a headlong rush to offshore manufacturing and jobs to China and India despite this.

Peak Oil Theory is not difficult to understand, nor completely impossible to forecast. Of all classes, elites would have been in the position to assess the ramifications of oil peak decades ago when the US peaked, and later, when the UK peaked.

One would think their globalization project would be in shambles. Every voice I've ever heard on the subject seems to suggest so. I always thought this was the main reason Alex Jones decried peak oil theory as a con job made up by the Illuminati to artificially raise prices (Alex Jones has a business plan to protect; it all falls apart if globalization falls apart).
Carlhole

Unread postby jlw61 » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 22:29:05

Cashmere wrote:...when you seek to induce chaos, it is, veritably, impossible to fully insulate yourself from that chaos.

If you have billions and you live in a stable world where your money buys you anything, why on earth would you want even more at the risk of not being able to travel outside of your underground panic area?

Home run!
When somebody makes a statement you don't understand, don't tell him he's crazy. Ask him what he means. -- Otto Harkaman, Space Viking
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Zardoz » Fri 01 Aug 2008, 18:00:58

jlw61 wrote:
Cashmere wrote:...when you seek to induce chaos, it is, veritably, impossible to fully insulate yourself from that chaos.

Home run!

Darned right. Conspiracy theorists can't seem to grasp this most simple of concepts. They insist that the elite want, for some unfathomable reason, to destroy the system that has worked so very, very well for them. Go figure...
"Thank you for attending the oil age. We're going to scrape what we can out of these tar pits in Alberta and then shut down the machines and turn out the lights. Goodnight." - seldom_seen
Zardoz
Expert
Expert

Unread postby cube » Sat 02 Aug 2008, 11:47:06

Cashmere wrote:My first question with any conspiracy theory is, "what was gained by the conspiracy?"
Do you ever get the feeling the "true" reason why the internet was invented was so people can spread conspiracy theories around faster?

Or maybe that's just another conspiracy theory! :roll:
cube
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby gmin » Sat 02 Aug 2008, 14:54:46

maybe these "elites" are in fact aliens? small in number, and do not have a lot of fire power of their own.
gmin
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Twilight » Sat 02 Aug 2008, 15:14:46

And the other question is why do elite conspiracies so often involve the occult?

You would think conspiracies would be dry affairs, with regular meetings to review progress against expenditure and entire pages of minutes devoted to one subcommittee's work on applications for special tax treatment allegedly impinging on another group's plans for directing international capital flows. (Gentlemen, decorum please!) No doubt Any Other Business would contain the secretary's usual complaint that subscriptions for the winter retreat are always left to the last minute, making advance knowledge of numbers impossible and pissing off the catering company. And someone's limo is blocking the driveway. Again.

But no. There just has to be owl worship, an archaic calendar and mystical micromanagement of urban planning that looks cool on Google Earth with the right KML overlay but sucks if you need to get somewhere in that limo.

Why are humans too modest to take credit for creating bureaucracy? That's what it really is.
Twilight
Expert
Expert

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics