Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Seeing Things Backwards!

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Seeing Things Backwards!

Unread postby DoctorEmu » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 17:28:45

I think most market participants are still seeing the commodities surge absolutely backwards.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

And revenge for the disastrous policies of the Rubin Years is at long last coming to fruition.

The irony is that Secretary Rubin's Bullying Dollah policy was not primarily designed to cause the Great Commodities Depression of the '90s.

It was primarily designed to head off the Euro at the pass, as it were, to try to discredit the Euro while it was in the process of formation.

Geeeeeeee - THAT worked out, didn't it? (That was sarcasm.)

But as a side effect, the Dollah Bullying of the '90s caused the worst Commodities Depression in recent memory - and made market participants all over the world, including virtually all the commodity dependent countries of the world, seethingly angry.

At last, Revenge is here - and what a Revenge it is!

Some have called it a "Fatwa against the Dollah."

Call it what you will.

But it is clear now what its true purpose is, a fact which will be crystal clear to everyone soon enough.

That purpose is nothing less but totally, completely and forever dropping the dollah pegs to ALL commodities.

Very soon, all commodities, starting with Oil and Grains, but extending to everything in the complex, including Gold and Silver, will be valued against fair, neutral, and unbiased baskets of currencies, rather than against darling dollah.

Darling dollah is no longer THE world reserve currency of choice, just as the US is no longer the world's only Stupid Power. The dollah is one reserve currency among many. And the US is one world Stupid Power among many.

This MUST be reflected in the pricing of commodities.

And if this cannot be accomplished within the confines of current world commodities exchanges, then new, neutral, unbiased commodities exchanges in truly neutral, unbiased countries - say Norway or. for that matter, Canada - must be formed.

Currency trading should not impinge on commodities trading.

And commodities trading should not impinge on currency trading.

This is so self-evident now, it is a wonder this is not Topic Number One in the world's business media.

Let's start the ball rolling in this forum.
DoctorEmu
Wood
Wood

Re: Seeing Things Backwards!

Unread postby mark » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 18:05:22

I think there's something here I'd like to understand but I don't think I've gotten it. Have you some links where I might get caught up to speed.
Who is John Galt?
mark
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby JPL » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 18:56:25

mark wrote:I think there's something here I'd like to understand but I don't think I've gotten it. Have you some links where I might get caught up to speed.

Possibly a day-trader who just read about peak oil & his brain went all mugglef-werumph.

Tomorrow he will reboot & everything will be OK & he won't remember a thing about it (grin).

JP
JPL
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cashmere » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 19:59:57

2 prozacs short of a complete thought.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics