Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Interesting profile on the "other" president:

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Interesting profile on the "other" president:

Unread postby pana_burda » Tue 13 May 2008, 18:29:57

She confessed to the Spanish news agency EFE that Justice Minister Carlos Holguin represents the Cali Cartel’s share in the colombian government, and that presidential advisor Jose Obdulio Garviria is Pablo Escobar’s cousin.

The diva’s testimony on the Colombian president is consistent with a good deal of research. Several years earlier, in 1987, journalist Fabio Castillo published his book Los jinetes de la coc*ina (“The Coc*ine Horsemen”). In it, he documented how, as mayor of Medellin in 1982, Uribe set the standard with his low-cost housing program, funded by Pablo Escobar.

In March of 2002, journalist Al Giordano wrote in a report in Narco News titled “Uribe’s Rise from Medellin: Precursor to a Narco-State.” Among other revelations, Giordano displayed a document signed by DEA chief Donnie R. Marshall on August 3, 2001, which announced the capture of several ships loaded with ingredients for coc*ine production. “The ships were each destined for Medellin, Colombia, to a company called GMP Productos Quimicos. The 50,000 kilos of the precursor chemical… were enough to make half a million kilos of coc*ine hydrochloride, with a street value of $15 billion U.S. dollars.” The company’s owner was Pedro Moreno Villa, “the campaign manager, former chief of staff, and longtime right-hand-man for… Alvaro Uribe Velez”

In 2004, the magazine Newsweek published a U.S. Defense Department intelligence report that places Alvaro Uribe as number 82 on a list of 104 important people linked to the coc*ine trade in Colombia. According to the document, the man who is now president “has worked for the Medellin cartel and is a close personal friend of Pablo Escobar Gaviria.”

Journalists Joseph Contreras and Fernando Garavito published their Biografia no autorizada de Alvaro Uribe Velez, el senor de las sombras (“Unauthorized Biography of Alvaro Uribe Velez: The Lord of the Shadows”) in 2002, a detailed investigation of the secret plot that shows the power behind the power of the Colombian president. The investigation narrates, in luxurious detail, the relationships between Uribe and the drug trade. The book’s appearance forced Fernando Garavito to flee his country and go into exile.

Link

I´m afraid, this just confirms the hands and interests, both, err ........ MOST our countries are under ........ pitifully!

By the way ......, for those who love paranoical threads, I´m a firm believer Pablo Escobar Gaviria is as dead as I can be ...... right now!!
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Location: In freefall speed right down to the claws of the devil

Re: Interesting profile on the "other" president:

Unread postby threadbear » Tue 13 May 2008, 18:41:55

I'm really pleased you are obviously exhilerated that South and Central America are becoming more democratic. The election of Morales, Chavez, and others is quite hopeful. I also like your idea of a truth and reconciliation process.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Re: Interesting profile on the "other" president:

Unread postby pana_burda » Sat 24 May 2008, 16:06:56

Thanks .....

I knew somebody smart would pick up my cheerfullness and full optimism right on the fly!!

One thing tho, I am afraid to ask what your concept of democracy really is.
pana_burda
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Location: In freefall speed right down to the claws of the devil

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics